5.0 out of 5 stars Good Case, Good Price
Published on August 27, 2011 by Purple Rain

3.0 out of 5 stars Band stretched
I had no problems with this band when I first bought it. I have a Droid Incredible 2 that I usually keep in an Otter Box, but the phone wouldnt fit with the Otter Box on, which wasn't a problem. A few months after I bought it, though, the band stretched out and now falls off my arm when attached as tightly as it will go.
Published on January 31, 2012 by amy

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Case, Good Price, August 27, 2011
This review is from: Runners World Sport Armband Ipod Holder (Sports)
I'm a 5'4" woman who weighs 120lbs. This band fits very well on my arm, but it is pulled as small as it can go. My iphone 4 with a thin case slips in and out of this unit with no trouble. An Otter Box-style case probably wouldn't fit. The case keeps my phone dry when I'm out in drizzle. Touch screen works well under the plastic front & phone can fit in to case either upside down or right side up. The case & phone stay tight to my arm when running. I've been using this unit daily for about 8 months and it is still in fantastic condition. I would recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great armband, well worth the money, August 14, 2012
This review is from: Runners World Sport Armband Ipod Holder (Sports)
I ordered this not knowing exactly what to expect as I had been disappointed by a couple of other armbands that I had tried, but it's been one of the best purchases I've made so far. The phone pocket fit my Google Nexus S perfectly (there aren't a lot out there that will), the strap is able to hold on tight even in wet conditions, and there's even a little slot for to put my house key in when I head out for a run. The only drawback so far is that there isn't any way to easily secure extra cable from a long pair of headphones - but a shorter set fixes that just fine!

3.0 out of 5 stars Band stretched, January 31, 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality band, January 5, 2012
Kindle Customer (Blacksburg,, VA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Runners World Sport Armband Ipod Holder (Sports)
I've owned this armband for over a year and I run 2-3 times a week. I'm male w/ ~14-15" (average?) bicep and have used this mostly for an iTouch, but lately also for a Samsung Galaxy player (similar to the Galaxy S i9000 phone). I've found it to be a good quality product. Plenty of armband to tighten it down. It does occasionally slide down if I don't tighten it down well. The slit for putting the phone in and out is on the back and can be turned up or down. I like this because it feels more secure to me. It does offer some protection in the rain, but I'm not sure how waterproof it's designed to be. I usually wrap up the touch in saran wrap first if it's raining. It's definitely designed for the itouch or iphone. Having said that, it's held my Galaxy player 4.0 OK by leaving the last inch or so hanging out of the case (still held securely). I have never lost my key. I have had none of the stitching come loose: I give it high marks for quality, comfort, and style. The reflective coating is a plus and it just looks quality. I give it 4 out of 5 because it does sometimes slide down and because it's marketed as a general holder but won't work well with many other phones (only has headphone jack hole for itouch/iphone) and is too small to completely fit even a small android device. I'd buy another one for my android if they made it in the right size.

3.0 out of 5 stars Droid user review, November 30, 2011
This review is from: Runners World Sport Armband Ipod Holder (Sports)
Bought one in March for use with a Droid X. The first run I lost the key out of the key storage slot on a trail run. I used the armband 1-2 x a week on runs and by June the clear plastic over the front had separated an the stitching had come undone. The retail store I purchased it from was kind enough to exchange it for a new one.

While the case serves it's purpose, durability could be improved. I am still looking for the perfect sport armband but this will do for now until I find one better.

2.0 out of 5 stars don't be fooled by the picture, not designed for iphone 4, March 10, 2011
This review is from: Runners World Sport Armband Ipod Holder (Sports)
The product picture is misleading. The pouch can barely fit an iphone 4 with case. Second, the friction between the see-through screen on the front and the phone makes it really difficult to push the phone all the way down the pouch. Third, IMO a flawed design, the opening is on the back without any cover (facing the arm), sweat can easily get in contact with the phone.

4.0 out of 5 stars It Is Exactly What You Expect, May 20, 2013
This review is from: Runners World Sport Armband Ipod Holder (Sports)
If you have large upper arms then look elsewhere. I have "moderate" upper arms and it fits me but if you are more than "moderate" you may want to consider a different product.

My DadPod (I name everything "Dad" with the product at the end) fits nicely. Holes for headhone jacks are where they should be. The product is easily adjustable. I can use the menus through the plastic to do "whatever".

The only reason I did not give it "5 Stars" was because it is a pain to get it all setup and then fight it to change music, volume, etc. However this is more of an issue with ANY product like that and not just this one. So take that into consideration. I could have given it 5 Stars. But I didn't.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wears out a bit quick, but best armband out there, April 26, 2013
This review is from: Runners World Sport Armband Ipod Holder (Sports)
The whole thing is soft, no rough plastic bits sticking out or different connected pieces shaking around. I lost my old one and rebought the same one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy for activities and listening., February 24, 2013
This review is from: Runners World Sport Armband Ipod Holder (Sports)
This product is useful for keeping your hands free and also finding your device quickly. Fits comfortable around arm and not heavy.

2.0 out of 5 stars Works great but you cannot wash it., February 8, 2013
This review is from: Runners World Sport Armband Ipod Holder (Sports)
I purchased this to replace my Belkin armband that lasted for 1 year. This was not the best replacement. As any runner knows your armband is going to soak up the sweat from your runs. Normally when you was on gentle and let air dry the bands will last, unfortunately this version lasted a little over a month. I've washed it 4 times and it has rendered it unusable. If anyone knows of a product that will last longer please let me know. But if you are looking for the armband that is the best for the money...this is not it.

Runners World Sport Armband Ipod Holder