Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Running Well
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Lori Mckenna Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Paperback|Change

on April 10, 2009
An easy read, covers most aspects needed whether you're starting out, or training for a marathon. Good section on injuries including how to get back into it after being injured or sick. Doesn't include a training plan for a marathon/half marathon but guides you into how to make your own. Maybe could of had more on this. Good nutrition section-more than just your regular eat this, drink fluids.. Good research basis for what they say. Talks about which types of cross training are good and relate to running. Much easier to read and includes a broad wealth of information relating to running compared to some other books I've read.
on December 3, 2008
Great book. Great design. I bought this for my wife who wants to train for a half marathon, but hasn't run much previously. Running Well should ensure both her success and safety. Very accessible and informative!
on April 4, 2013
This book clearly describes various parts of a runner's body which may become sore or injured, possible causes, and several ways to strengthen to reduce future pain and injury. Excellent resource for runners.
on July 21, 2011
I swear I didn't know this book was on the Oprah Book Club list until after I read it. It is an extremely good resource for the novice to intermediate runner. It covers all facets of keeping your body safe when running, hence the name, in a manner that makes you want to run with confidence. The authors illustrate stretches and strengthening techniques that are easy and work exceptionally well. Additionally, the troubleshooting pain sections are an incredible wealth of knowledge that assist greatly in isolating the cause of an injury and how to heal, recovery, and rebuild from the injury. I strained my Achilles and thought that I would be out of running for at least a month. Nope. I followed the book and was back running, without pain, in 7 days. Available now at your local library. I actually had to buy this book...Yes, Oprah is right.
on March 16, 2012
This book is awesome. I was very impressed with it. It showed the body part that I injuried, ways that I could have injuried it, and the solution to fix it.

I found the imperfections with the book to be minimal and the cost to be low. This was a good purchase.
on September 8, 2013
This is the book I needed for my class. It came in when specified and in the correct condition.
Anyone looking to know the fine details of running or someone taking a class.
on October 19, 2009
I really dig the way Running Well is layed out and designed. I only have about 5-10 min periods where I can read it and always walk away with a great tidbit. I can easily scan the info and love the way that they have done their homework (research basis). Speaks to as much technical or beginner as you need.
on January 23, 2015
I think it's perfect for a new runner, but I've been running for awhile and seen a lot of this over the years searching the internet. Did pick up few techniques though.
on December 8, 2013
A great 'how to' maintenance book for a runner's body. The exercises are clearly defined and well illustrated, and the charts to help you select your specific point of injury and the specific rehab exercises to recover from it....well, it is like having your own physical therapist in a book. Highly recommended for any runners and walkers, from couch-to-5kers to marathoners.