5.0 out of 5 stars Ignorance

3.0 out of 5 stars Hello movie producers - Please dont bring out Rush Hour 4.0
Published on December 28, 2007 by Vikram Ramanathan

5.0 out of 5 stars Ignorance, September 8, 2007
Reuben Roa (Murrieta, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I have a question, why are people giving this movie bad reviews that state themselves they didnt even really like the other two movies to begin with? Im not gonna go write a review about harry potter or something I hate and trash talk it cuz my opinion is irrelevant. If you liked the other two movies then this one will not be disappointing. This movie was supposed to be a comedy with some martial arts action poured on top and thats exactly what it was. Chris Tucker was hilarious in it and if he annoys you then dont watch the movie. I was in a completley packed theater and every person was laughing so hard people were losing their breath. So obviously SOMEONE thinks Chris Tucker is funny. All the haters need to back off of this post.

5.0 out of 5 stars FUNNY!, July 15, 2008
I love this movie. It is the best Rush Hour movie made. It is so funny. My husband and I could not wait for it to be released on DVD. The ending is suprising also. You could find it cheaper somewhere else, but worth it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great movie, June 26, 2008
Lots of action, fun and comedy. I love to watch this one over and over.

2.0 out of 5 stars Definately not as good as the first!, January 5, 2008
I remember thinking, when this movie came out.....Not too sure if I want to go and pay $8 at the movie theater, but I will see it when it comes out on DVD (rent not purchase). I added that to my ever growing list of "movies to rent" and forgot about it. So imagine my delight when I saw that it was on by Demand (what I think is the best invention in years...no lines, no waiting to see the movie, just sit at home and order it). Now I already knew that the Rush Hour movies are similar to the Matrix movies in that, you can't wait for the next one to come out, but deep down you know that it couldn't possibly be as good as the first. I see Chris Tucker around Atlanta on occassion, and even remember seeing him do standup locally before he was in Friday....he is usually very funny. But in Rush Hour 3, with a few pounds (and I know we all have gained them) he just wasn't as funny as he usually is. And the usual farter that happens between he and Jackie Chan didn't appear as effortless as in the previous installments of the Rush Hour series. And it is obvious that Jackie has aged as well because we were not privy to as many fighting scenes as he normally gives us.

Inspector Lee (Jackie Chan)and LAPD Detective Carter (Chris Tucker) have made a promise to the daughter of the Ambassador (again) that they will discover who shot her father while he was attempting to uncover the identity of the leader of an elusive secret organization. Pursuiting leads to Paris, we see the merry, yet reluctant pair bantering about their friendship and trying to understand who is behind everything. Tucker meets a beautiful woman, and Chan discovers something about a family member that he just doesn't want to accept while having several dangerous encounters with a knife carrying woman.

I gave this movie a 2 for the following reasons: (1) there were so many references to past Rush Hour movies, that if you have never seen the previous movies, you would have no idea who and what they were talking about. Even the main storyline....the one involving the ambassador referred back to the 1st movie. So when Tucker kept referring to the little girl and then a young adult hugged him, most people would probably not know what was going on. The references to Chan's Secret Service Agent girlfriend, and other mishaps were from other movies. Perhaps it would have been better had they created a movie that could have stood alone. (2) I have grown tired of Chris Tucker acting silly during times when he shouldn't. I would have preferred Tucker to really dig his teeth in the roll and really come up with something original, especially since it seems that he will only do Chan movies (these have been the only movies he has done in the last few years). What I do like about all of these Rush Hour Moviews are the outtakes at the end. They are always as funny, if not funnier than the movie.

3.0 out of 5 stars Hello movie producers - Please dont bring out Rush Hour 4.0, December 28, 2007
You get more of the same. Chris tucker and Jackie chan jumping of bridges and buildings, chasing cars, parachuting curtains (yes you heard me right), jumping of Eiffel tower with a curtain as parachute...err...yeah. Not joking. The same crazy slapstick action comedy with Chan's brand of fighting and Chris tuckrts wise cracks and comic style. There is some story of the Hong Kong triads in Paris thrown in to make a "rush hour 3" (Why the hell are there chineese people in Paris ?) Some lousy story I did not even bother to follow the story line. I was there just to see the Jackie and Chris chemistry but I was surprised that I was so jaded with the stuff that I have seen twice already. All unreal stuff. Neither Chris or Jackie get bruised or wounded. They gleefully miss bullets, they bounce of 2 story jumps with just a scraped knee. No broken ribs. No broken bones. Lethal weapon gave some realism to violence in that Mel and Danny suffer bruises. They feel some pain. But this movie feels more like a cartoon but then again the movie is a continuation of the successful franchise set in motion with the first rush hour but with this movie it has exploited the last ounce of the "rush hour" barrel. It was like seeing the part 1 and part 2 again. Back then rush hour 1 was new and had an innovative feel to it but 2 and 3 got me so bored as after rush hour 1 we knew the tricks and gags that we could expect so it was just a question of Chris and jackie doing their big jumps, char chases, bickering and Chris tucker's moon walk and michael jackson or prince like singing/dance impression. What prompted me to watch the movie also was that it is directed by Brett Ratner who did Xmen3 and I loved his vision and style of Xmen3 so I wanted to see what he did with Rush Hour 3 but RH franchise is so used up that even Brett could not instill any new life into an already dead doll.

regards, Vikram

2.0 out of 5 stars R.I.P., December 27, 2007
B. Merritt "filmreviewstew.com" (WWW.FILMREVIEWSTEW.COM, Pacific Grove, California United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
The RUSH HOUR series is getting tiresome. How many off-color jokes and physical comedy routines does it take before things become old hat?

If you've seen the previous two Rush Hour films, you already know exactly how this one pans out. Detective James Carter (Chris Tucker) and Chief Inspector Lee (Jackie Chan) reconnect when an attempt is taken on a Chinese official's life. Lee and Tucker are thrust back together to try and track down the villain(s).

The usual suspects pop up, including an old "brother"of Lee's named Kenji (Hiroyuki Sanada) and a diplomat named Varden Reynard (Max von Sydow, The Seventh Seal).

A secret society. Carter and Lee get in way over their heads. They battle impossible foes doing equally impossible feats of daring duo all while being sprite, charming and funny.

In the end, they come out smelling like roses.

The end.

Rumors of filming a fourth Rush Hour film immediately after this third installment were apparently scrapped due to unknown reasons, but one could easily venture that failing interest in the series hamstrung such a project (but who knows ...maybe there will be a fourth).

Tucker and Chan still have a unique chemistry on-screen, one a speed talking black man and the other a soft talking Chinese gentleman. The blooper out-takes on the DVD are worth watching to check out Chan's difficulties with various English translations and his physical accident while trying to throw a piece of furniture with his legs (I've heard tell that he broke his sternum during that take. Ouch!).

Plenty of eye-candy awaits those guys who like to see marvelously curvaceous women whom you normally would only see air-brushed on magazine covers. Most notably is French actress Noémie Lenoir who plays Genevieve, a dancer with a very special head on her shoulders.

But beyond that, you're not going to see much that'll intrigue you. The story has been done ad nauseam, as have all the jokes. Let `er rest in peace, guys.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sticks to the formula but delivers a fun movie., January 14, 2008
I see this movie is not getting very good reviews. However, I very much enjoyed this movie.

There is no ground breaking acting or film-making here...the same formula is in place...a buddy movie of action and comedy. I really enjoyed the first movie, but Rush Hour 2 was just a little more bland. Rush Hour was one of the first that coupled Jackie Chan with an American star to fuse his martial arts skills with comedy. While I am not a big fan of Chris Tucker, I found myself liking this duo. An African-American Comedian paired together with an Asian Action Martial Arts Legend for an action/comedy worked for me. Now on its third installment seemed on face value to be an uninteresting stretch of the original and only out to make a quick buck. However,after watching this as a rental I bought a copy. This movie delivered as an entertaining reworking of the formula.

This movie finds them headed to Paris to find the assassin who attempts the Chinese Ambassador's life. We find out that Jackie Chan's character was in an orphanage and has a connection of some sort of "brotherhood" with another boy that turns to a life of crime. Now Jackie Chan is on a mission to bring down the Triads, despite his "brother's" involvement. Chris Tucker continues to keep things funny with his stylish dancing, singing and comedic cop blunders...Jackie Chan continues to impress with his still agile martial arts moves.

Take this movie on face value...an entertaining action comedy that puts a slightly new twist on the same formula. If you liked the other movies, then this one will not disappoint.

2.0 out of 5 stars painful to watch, February 3, 2013
This review is from: Rush Hour 3 (Amazon Instant Video)
Loved the first two but this one fell so short it hurt to watch. Did the directors change or writers? I couldn't even watch the entire movie. The humour was so lacking.
Waste of 3bucks for sure

2.0 out of 5 stars Wish I could say I liked it, February 14, 2008
This review is from: Rush Hour 3 [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
This buddy cop duo of Chris Tucker and Jackie Chan is among the best ever made. I really enjoyed Rush Hour in particular, and Rush Hour 2 was good fun as well. However, this time around, it seems as if the plot of the movie is completely pointless.
Whereas in the first two films the story provided good fodder for letting these two provide hilarious comedy and cool action stunts, now they're left to basically fend for themselves because even the plot itself isn't taken seriously. The return of Soo-Yun (who grew up really quickly in just a few years, from being a little girl to being a teacher!) helps a little, but not enough. This time, the comedic formula doesn't stick very often and the action scenes are also disappointing.
It's just too silly for its own good, that's my issue with it. Even if the film completely recycled stuff that worked in the first two films, I would have been cool with that. But this time, even the execution is off, to the point where the film isn't even that interesting. For curious Rush Hour fans who haven't seen it yet, you may still want to rent it at the local video rental place if you have nothing better to do on a Monday night, but don't cancel dinner reservations to see it.

3.0 out of 5 stars not as good as the first two, but fun anyway, June 24, 2008
The action this time takes Lee (Chan) and Carter (Tucker) to France, where there's something about a list of the leaders of the Triads.... oh, you don't care about that--the plot's only there to give a reason for the jokes and the stunts.

Truly, the plot's a bit confusing. A diplomat who gets shot just as he was going to reveal the leaders of the Triads; a list of names tattooed on a woman's head; various factions after Lee and Carter and the woman and each other.

The action and jokes are pretty much what you'd expect if you've seen the first 2 movies. One of the bad guys, however, is Kenji (Hiroyuki Sanada) Lee's "brother" (they'd grown up together), and that provides a nice bit of emotional conflict.

The other thing that distinguishes this movie from the first two is the Paris setting, with a cool action sequence on the Eiffel Tower, but mostly with the sneering Parisian cab driver George (Yvan Attal), who provides even more laughs and ends up making a surprising ally. The addition of his character to the Tucker/Chan duo kept it fresh, not unlike an old married couple with a new audience for their stories. I also really enjoyed his rather skewed view of America--it's not actually all that exaggerated.

It wasn't quite as good as the first two, but it was a fun way to spend an evening--we always enjoy Jackie Chan, even in his cheesiest movies (or maybe that's especially), and as my son's English teacher is wont to say, "Chris Tucker is a funny man."

Rush Hour 3