1,304 Reviews
 (1,227)

5.0 out of 5 stars My kids love learning history with Rush Revere!
Published 4 months ago by BookDad

Published 3 months ago by David Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars My kids love learning history with Rush Revere!, March 12, 2014
This review is from: Rush Revere and the First Patriots: Time-Travel Adventures With Exceptional Americans (Hardcover)
We loved the book (with historical photographs) but we also loved the audio. Rush's story is both educational and entertaining! Laugh-out-loud funny at times! Liberty (the talking time-traveling horse) is our favorite character. In book 2, Rush Revere, Liberty, and a couple of the kids travel to events like the Boston Massacre, the Boston Tea Party, and even to Windsor Castle to meet with King George III. And we loved meeting historical Americans like Benjamin Franklin, Samuel Adams, Paul Revere, and our favorite, Patrick Henry. We learned about the taxes imposed upon the colonists by Parliament. What a great teaching moment for my kids! And we loved Liberty's Stomp Act song about the Stamp Act!!! The kids were completely engaged! Was that Rush Limbaugh singing on the audio!? My kids have the song memorized now! They keep singing it over and over! Most importantly, this book teaches the value and importance of fighting for freedom! Favorite line: "Only when we are free can we be all that God wants us to be. Only when we are free can we do all that God wants us to do. Freedom is from God. And when we fight for freedom we always fight on the side of God."

5.0 out of 5 stars I suggest leaving aside political prejudices, this is just a book, enjoy it, March 11, 2014
‘Rush Revere and the First Patriots’ by Rush Limbaugh is another installment in author series of history books which present somewhat controversial version of historical events, though intended for kids and as such should be judged without getting into unnecessary political debates.

Rush Limbaugh, middle-school history teacher creates his books with the goal to present major events of American history speaking about them in a way understandable and interesting to young readers. Limbaugh became widely known because of his radio talk-shows and his repeated claims that history is not known for kids. Therefore he decided to create fictional character Rush Revere who is able to travel through time, in order to make boring history as children often see it, more funny and interesting to explore.

In this sequel Rush is still in the company of his faithful companion talking horse named Liberty, while travelling back in time to Boston of 18th century. There he will lead reader through the turbulent events which set fire for the American Revolution…

Limbaugh once again distances himself arguing that his work is not about the politics, but his view of history that no matter how controversial might seem to some people, it provides a lot of fun to read, and as such easy reading should be considered.

With ‘Rush Revere and the First Patriots’ Rush Limbaugh created another book that will be subject of major discussions, with ardent supporters and big critics, but if all political prejudices are discarded, it’s work that is easy and fun to read, whose 250 pages goes really quickly. So if you liked Limbaugh earlier works, certainly you will also fully enjoy this sequel and if you didn’t, all positive things what could be written in this review will probably make you more determined in your rejection.

But in the end, it's just a book…

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Read that Teaches History in a Fun Way!, May 20, 2014
This is the second book in a series that brings history to life for young people. I have read both books with my classes of 60 students, and they have absolutely loved the story. Liberty, the magical time-traveling horse, whisks substitute teacher Rush Revere and several students back in time to witness events that built our Great Nation. There is plenty of humor to keep kids laughing, along with its rich vocabulary and literary techniques, such as the use of countless idioms. While your view of the author may cause you to think twice about purchasing the book, don't judge it on him and his view, rather on the value of the facts of history presented. My students have enjoyed learning about history and they expressed their excitement about wanting to read this second book, after the first, in letters to the author himself. I recommend taking the time to check out its value.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good history lesson, but an important part of the story is missing., April 12, 2014
As a senior citizen, I read Rush Revere and the First Patriots to see how Rush Limbaugh would present the people and events that led to the American Revolution. The manner in which he took the "Liberty" to tell the stories of America's Founding Fathers was an interesting and engaging way to teach children about the importance of standing up for freedom. I was disappointed, however, when I came to the end of the book and realized that Rush failed to even mention the writer of the Declaration of Independence, Thomas Jefferson. The book highlights the rebellion against the bogus higher authority of King George III of England, but the intellectual brilliance that Thomas Jefferson contributed to the cause of liberty and justice is sadly missing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific, March 11, 2014
My daughter, who is age 8, was so excited when the latest book arrived. She is thrilled and we are already finished with the first two chapters and it just arrived late today. I highly recommend both books. She already linked "taxation without representation" with a lesson they are discussing in school. Looking forward to more books!

5.0 out of 5 stars rush revere and the 1st patriots, May 18, 2014
great book and interesting and informative. even I am past school years it brought back some history I forgot. I really enjoyed it and read his 1st book too. cant wait for more.

I would recommend it for ALL>

5.0 out of 5 stars Audio Version; A MUST BUY for Rush Fans, March 11, 2014
The audio version is all RUSH. This is the only way to actually hear Liberty and the others in his Master's Voice. Great acting job by THE MAN as he plays out all the book's characters.

5.0 out of 5 stars 42 Year old man who can't wait for Book 3, March 14, 2014
These books are not only a cool vechile to tell history, but a well developed fanasty storyline of time travel. I know these books are aimed at children but as a grandson of the Pilgrams and former resident of Lexington, Massachusetts these books hit close to home. I am a family and historical researcher, so very interested in history but also aware it can be very hard to get children interested in most history books. Rush Revere and Liberty are great and fun to read there adventures. I brought the book and audiobook and my only regret is that I have finished both and can not wait for Book 3.

5.0 out of 5 stars another hit, May 17, 2014
I love this book. I'm 50 and these books Make me proud of my American history. Can't wait for the next one. I'll Rush online to get it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Exciting and Informative Episode, March 12, 2014
I thought that "Brave Pilgrims" was a wonderful book, but frankly "First Patriots" is even better. It's not preachy, it's not dull, it's actually quite an exciting read, for kids and adults. It's well researched, but retains a good sense of humor as well as the drama of the times. Liberty, of course, steals the show, but I'm glad to see Mr. Limbaugh retained his two students from the last book, and added more to make things more interesting. I bought the hardcover AND the Kindle, and the illustrations are excellent in both. An excellent gift for kids, but adults will learn a thing or three about America's founding that they "thought" they knew.

Addition: Odd, all of the reviews for the book ended up "gone" after this one was approved. Not sure why...

$19.99 $11.97