1,516 Reviews
 (1,426)

5.0 out of 5 stars My kids love learning history with Rush Revere!
Published 6 months ago by BookDad

3.0 out of 5 stars Good history lesson, but an important part of the story is missing.
As a senior citizen, I read Rush Revere and the First Patriots to see how Rush Limbaugh would present the people and events that led to the American Revolution. The manner in which he took the "Liberty" to tell the stories of America's Founding Fathers was an interesting and engaging way to teach children about the importance of standing up for freedom. I was...
Published 5 months ago by David Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars My kids love learning history with Rush Revere!, March 12, 2014
This review is from: Rush Revere and the First Patriots: Time-Travel Adventures With Exceptional Americans (Hardcover)
We loved the book (with historical photographs) but we also loved the audio. Rush's story is both educational and entertaining! Laugh-out-loud funny at times! Liberty (the talking time-traveling horse) is our favorite character. In book 2, Rush Revere, Liberty, and a couple of the kids travel to events like the Boston Massacre, the Boston Tea Party, and even to Windsor Castle to meet with King George III. And we loved meeting historical Americans like Benjamin Franklin, Samuel Adams, Paul Revere, and our favorite, Patrick Henry. We learned about the taxes imposed upon the colonists by Parliament. What a great teaching moment for my kids! And we loved Liberty's Stomp Act song about the Stamp Act!!! The kids were completely engaged! Was that Rush Limbaugh singing on the audio!? My kids have the song memorized now! They keep singing it over and over! Most importantly, this book teaches the value and importance of fighting for freedom! Favorite line: "Only when we are free can we be all that God wants us to be. Only when we are free can we do all that God wants us to do. Freedom is from God. And when we fight for freedom we always fight on the side of God."

5.0 out of 5 stars interesting insights into personalities of important figures in American history, May 29, 2014
In this sequel to Rush Revere and the Brave Pilgrims (2013), colonial-dressing history teacher Rush Revere and his special horse Liberty time travel with students Tommy, Freedom, Cameron (Cam), and even snooty Elizabeth back to pre-American Revolution days. They talk to Benjamin Franklin in 1765 when he tried to convince the English Parliament to remove the Stamp Act. They meet Patrick Henry that same year in Virginia prior to his famous 1775 speech to the House of Burgesses. They have an audience in Windsor Palace with King George III in 1766. They visit with Samuel Adams and Paul Revere in Boston, MA, following the “Boston Massacre” in 1770 and participate in the famous Boston Tea Party. And they get to speak with John Adams and even George Washington at the First Continental Congress in 1774 at Philadelphia, PA. There is a lot of interesting insight into the personalities of these important figures of American history.

Yes, the idea of a time-travelling horse may seem silly to some, but remember, this book is designed to appeal to 21st-century kids and get them interested in learning more about the exceptional history of this nation, so it’s not going to be written in a dry, dusty text-book style of simply reciting names, places, and dates that has turned so many students off in studying history. As with the first volume, the left absolutely hates this book, but looking over other reviews, I found that most of the vile epithets hurled were actually against the author and not against the book itself. Some people kept talking about all the errors, but none were really specified. One person did complain that the work of Thomas Jefferson wasn’t included, but Rush Revere and the First Patriots basically covers the time from 1765 to 1774, and Jefferson’s role in American independence really didn’t become prominent until the writing of the Declaration of Independence in 1776. So there’s plenty of room for him in a subsequent volume.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rush Revere and the First Patriots, May 17, 2014
Betty (FORT WORTH, TX, US) - See all my reviews
A great book for me and my grandkids. Makes our history interesting and proves why we are an exceptional country. Time travel, who wouldn't love to see behind the scenes how our ancestors put their lives in peril to help make this a great nation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Review for Rush Revere and the First Patriots., June 30, 2014
As a history enthusiast, I was so impressed with the interesting details of these amazing American First Patriots. I read this to my 2nd and 3rd grade grandchildren this summer, and I know they will have so much important background for next year's history class and projects. They enjoyed hearing about these heroes and wanted me to keep reading.
I have recommended this to parents home schooling their children and will bring these series to their school. I think these books should be in all schools and libraries. I feel Rush Limbaugh brought these American heroes to life again and children reading his story will have a personal connection to them. He has made history fun to learn.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Read that Teaches History in a Fun Way!, May 20, 2014
This is the second book in a series that brings history to life for young people. I have read both books with my classes of 60 students, and they have absolutely loved the story. Liberty, the magical time-traveling horse, whisks substitute teacher Rush Revere and several students back in time to witness events that built our Great Nation. There is plenty of humor to keep kids laughing, along with its rich vocabulary and literary techniques, such as the use of countless idioms. While your view of the author may cause you to think twice about purchasing the book, don't judge it on him and his view, rather on the value of the facts of history presented. My students have enjoyed learning about history and they expressed their excitement about wanting to read this second book, after the first, in letters to the author himself. I recommend taking the time to check out its value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rush Revere and the First Patriots, May 17, 2014
I liked everything about this book. Finally someone knows how to explain history. and what better person to write it Rush Limbaugh.

5.0 out of 5 stars PLEASANT MEMORIES OF I LEARNED MANY YEARS AGO, May 18, 2014
IT BROUGHT ME BACK TO MY DAYS IN GRAMMAR SCHOOL DURING THE 1950"s. IT IS INFORMATION LEARNED MANY YEARS AGO BUT NOT THOUGHT ABOUT ON A REGULAR BASIS. IT WAS A PLEASURE THINKING OF THOSE LONG LOST MEMORIES MANY YEARS AGO.

5.0 out of 5 stars A book for kids with an adault theme, but don't tell them that..., March 28, 2014
I got this book for my grand kids (and book # 2) and they love it. It teaches what's not taught in schools these days. Liberals will hate it, which makes me happy :+).

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific, March 11, 2014
My daughter, who is age 8, was so excited when the latest book arrived. She is thrilled and we are already finished with the first two chapters and it just arrived late today. I highly recommend both books. She already linked "taxation without representation" with a lesson they are discussing in school. Looking forward to more books!

5.0 out of 5 stars Not At All Political, June 24, 2014
I have purchase both of Rush's Rush Revere books and thoroughly enjoyed both. Surprisingly, there are no Rush poloitics in these books so this should be a good book for you Democrats too. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get my 12 year old to listen to them with me because she hates it when my wife and I talk politics. And, the name 'Rush' means politics to her. Maybe in a few years or whenever I have something to hold over her head to make her read the first book. LOL.

$19.99 $11.97