5.0 out of 5 stars Train like a Champion! *no not really*
GSP's tag line on the cover says "if you want to be a champion, you have to train like one." While this is surly motivating as hell sounding. I'm not 100% sure these are the actual workouts GSP does when he's training. But I'm 37 and out of shape so I'm 100% sure even if I finish this program, my chances of ever being a champion at anything are slim to none. None to be...
Published on February 19, 2012 by J. Williams

3.0 out of 5 stars Not very motivating.
I am a p90 x grad and was looking for something new for a few months for change. The few things i didn't like, the first day (i followed their schedule) i used the first dvd that i was suppose to,the next day i was suppose to do cardio so i looked for the DVD and after 10 minutes i figured it out that it doesn't come with one for cardio, ok so day number 2 find your own...
Published 14 months ago by mountain man

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 430 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Real result + 16 week Photo Update, October 18, 2013
This review is from: Rushfit Georges St-Pierre 8 Week Ultimate Home Training Program (DVD)
I'm 5'6 and 24 y.o. I finished Rushfit the second time (16 weeks).
I'll summarize my experience for easier and shorter review.

Pros:
1. From 122 lbs to 105 lbs in 8 weeks. Now I eat more healthy food to gain weight I'm 109 lbs now.
2. I have visible 4 pack-abs now but not that prominent which is normal.
3. My endurance improved a lot, I can run the whole park now. Before I can't run 2 min. straight.
4. Legs are prominent, people thought I'm into sports because it got toned and they see muscle curves.
5. Safe and effective, sometimes I even use the 2nd option for the exercise the easier one.
6. Repetitive but not boring. Why? Your body won't get used to it, you will feel tired.
7. Every DVD hits every part of the body and the equipment is only a pair of dumbbells.
8. It worked for me and I still get result, will wait for the 6 packs (long term goal).

Cons:
1. I need to increase the volume up to 70+ to hear them. Sound quality is like a joke, but increasing volume solved it.

Update: I finished the workout again, a total of 4 months.
1. My abs and oblique became more visible even if I don't crunch my abdominal.
2. I can see a mid-line below my umbilicus and muscle on left side of it (5th pack? I hope so).
3. I started the workout again and it still works, I get tired and soaked in sweat.
4. I added a photo for reference. You can post a comment if you have any questions.

Picture Before and After (4 months):
[...]

Misc:
1. Sometimes I swap flexibility DVD with Abdominal and core DVD.
2. The hardest workout for me is Balance and Agility DVD. Halfway to the end is so brutal.
3. I'm using a 5 lb. dumbbells by the way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rushfit Rocks!, March 5, 2012
I've been working out for years in the gym, then I tried P90x which wasn't bad but I saw an ad for Rushfit so I thought I'd give it a shot. And man am I glad I did. I'm down 15 pounds and I've never felt better! The best part is that I play hockey as well and with the emphasis on functional training I see a huge improvement in my hockey game! I turned a couple of friends on to it as well and they absolutely love it.

The things that really stick out for me are:
- Time - I'm a busy guy so the fact that the workouts are only 45 mins and still give me great results while kicking my butt is huge.
- Structure - The 5 five minute rounds are a great way to structure it and I find that the time flies by
- Minimal Equipment - I can do this in my room with a couple of dumbells
- Functional training - I love the fact that it's full body, functional training. I had been doing supersets and circuits in the gym for a while on my own, but doing them with this program is miles beyond. I love the fact that you're moving and you really get to know your body rather than just standing there doing curls.
- It's fun - I actually look forward to working out with this program.

All in all, I highly recommend Rushfit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Home Workout Program (so far), November 28, 2012
It sounds cliche, but...My first Amazon review - I felt inclined to provide one because I feel very strongly about this product. I've gone through the full Insanity, P90X and Rushfit programs (and I'm now trying Deltafit Speed Shred next week) and in my opinion, Rushfit is the best. Don't get me wrong, I love the Beachbody programs and they have definitely improved my body and fitness levels but Rushfit sticks out because of the overall results, time management and cost effectiveness it provides. I don't really get too much into the science of fitness and bodybuilding but Rushfit just seemed to provide the best results for me. I lost the most weight, felt overall better and had the best physical transformations after completing Rushfit. Granted this was the last of the programs that I completed but I could just "tell" that Rushfit produced the best results. While I originally thought going through the same warm-up and cool-down segments would be a negative, after a while I saw it as a positive because they both accomplished what they set out to do: loosen up my muscles and get me ready for the workout and relax my muscles and prepare me for the next workout. Finally, I think the thing that sets Rushfit apart is the fact I always looked forward to the next workout - something I can't say about Insanity and P90X. I highly recommend this product, and you won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Overall great workout, December 21, 2013
Overall great workout and I would recommend it to anyone at any fitness level. I've never been a video-workout type guy, but I love RushFit and have been incorporating it into my workouts for the last 9 months. I'm 32 years old and have been working out mainly with dumbbells, barbells, machines, etc, mainly doing bodybuilding type workouts 3-5 days a week for the last 13-14 years(with some breaks of course). I let myself go for about 4 months last winter, and I wanted a good, balanced workout with plenty of cardio to slim down(I despise running). Also, I wanted a more functional workout because I was running in a Warrior Dash a few months later. I used RushFit religiously 6 days/week for 8 weeks, then combined it with trail running for 4 weeks before the Dash... I went from 200 to 180 in those 12 weeks and was quite possibly in the best shape of my life. I really enjoy the Strength and Endurance and Explosive Power Training videos, as they incorporate quite a bit of dumbbell exercises. Except for a few movements on the Explosive Power Training, I never used more than 20 pounders, which really surprised me-- so, you really only need a couple of pair of dumbbells... I never felt Fight Conditioning was very challenging, and I kinda felt goofy doing some of the combos, but it is a great cardio workout as well. Very deceptive, as you will be much more sore the next day than you would expect. Even the shorter Balance and Agility video is a great workout, especially if you are running in a Warrior Dash/Spartan Race type thing. I was really worried that after 12 weeks of not picking up a heavy weight, I would lose a lot of my strength. However, when went I went back to the gym, I found that I was actually stronger than I was before I started RushFit. Very cool. My only issues with the workout are as follows- 1)The warmup is good, but after 3-4 weeks of doing it 5-6x per week, it gets very monotonous. After week 5, I found my doing other things for the 10 minute warmup like running or kettle bells. Also, as others have stated, there is little to no lat exercises. I don't really think RushFit is something you can (or even should) sustain for 4+ months, but I think overall, there are some solid workouts in there that I will continue to work into my routine for years to come.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kick butt without, April 26, 2012
GSP Rushfit is a great workout if you are trying to get in shape and you are on a budget. It's significantly cheaper than P90x and insanity. The kind of body you get from it is the lean cut type, so if you are looking to bulk up go with P90x.

There are 3 calendars to choose from, beginner,intermidiate and advanced. Personally I'd recommend starting out at the intermidiate level, the beginner workout should only be used if you are extremely out of shape.

The workouts are about 50 minutes long, and the weighted workouts really kick your ass. If you lift heavy and are used to stopping after 6-8 reps this work puts will have you begging for mercy as they test your muscle endurance more than anything.

The production value is high,the images are crisp and clear and there are no miscues. However it doesn't come with subtitles,so deaf people may have some problems following the instructions. Some people have complained that GSP is hard to understand, and he is,but he isn't the one leading the work out,so it doesn't matter.

I'm on week 4 of the advanced program and I'm already seeing results. About the only problem I'd have with this series is that on cardio days,you are supposed to do cardio on your own. I don't have an issue with this as I run anyway or pop in an insanity DVD but some maybe turned off by this,specially when doing the beginner series or the intermidiate series there's a lot of cardio. Only the advanced workout has a significant amount of weighted workouts with less cardio.

Overall not bad for less than 80. Just keep in mind you'll do cardio on your own and you'll be golden.

UPDATE June 4 2012

Just finished my 8 weeks of the advanced calendar! boy I am in great shape. I'm a lot leaner now than when I started, although I still have some stubborn belly fat, but the volume of my belly is significantly lower than it was when I started. I'm guessing another 8 weeks would finally get rid of all of it.

Overall I dropped 2 pant sizes and lost 15 pounds in 8 weeks,which is pretty amazing. However, the thing that impressed me about this program the most is how much muscle endurance I've gained. I went to the gym last night just for fun to work out with a friend of mine who is a hardcore gym rat. I was able to work out for longer than him (he has always been stronger than me),not only that, but I noticed that I had way more stability and balance than him, this is all due to the functional training offered by Rushfit. I've also noticed that when I work out next to other people, specially in body weight routines (like push ups), I have a lot more stability. My hips don't sag,my back doesn't bend, etc. I really hope there's a Rushfit 2 for people who graduated from the first 1 that will focus on more advanced, complex moves, and a "real" cardio routine instead of having to do cardio on your own.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good program to help you get fit, but requires coordination, August 3, 2012
My husband and I bought this program to do together in our quest to lose weight and feel better. After 9 weeks (we lost a week on vacation early in the program), we both lost 10+ lbs and several inches of fat mostly around the waist and legs. I also lost inches off my chest and arms, and I now have the ability to do real push-ups!

We tweaked the Beginner calendar to fit our schedule better and cut out the Fight Conditioning, but the majority remained the same. The Fight Conditioning DVD gave us issues because it requires more coordination than we possessed! That DVD definitely requires more focus to learn the moves. On one attempt to learn the moves using 'pause' and 'rewind', it took us almost 2 hours to get thru the first 3 rounds. We gave up after that!

One other thing to note, if you are doing this with someone else, you'll need some space to do the workouts. Our work-out room in our house was fine for 1 person, but difficult with both of us.

The program package would have been more helpful it it provided a better diet plan with some sample meal plans. I'm sure we would have lost more weight if we could follow the high-protein diet closer. It was difficult to include that protein % in our diet, and we weren't disciplined to cut out ALL white flour and sugar. Just being aware of your food intake and eating healthier will help anyone.

I definitely recommended this for someone wanting to get more fit; my husband supplemented his workouts with a separate weight workout because he wasn't getting the 'bulk' he wanted, but I am definitely more toned and fit after the Beginner schedule.

Make sure you review the DVD portion that shows you the moves before trying the workout; that was definitely helpful. Don't be afraid to tweek the calendar of workouts without repeating the same workout 2 days in a row, but remember the rest days are important! Also, don't skip the flexibility sessions. One negative with the current program was it didn't utilize that training session enough!

My husband and I are getting ready to start the Intermediate program. We will be 'tweaking' the schedule again, and adding more of that Flexiblity portion.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but still has some areas to improve, January 5, 2014
I completed Rushfit over 6 months ago after completing P90X, Insanity (several times), and Supreme 90, so I have a fairly good basis for comparison, as many of the other reviewers. I'll break down my thoughts by pros and cons:

Pros:
+ I really like the 5x5minute round format. You get a wide variety of exercises throughout the routines and you know exactly what to expect every day in terms of time (around 40 minutes with warmup and cooldown).
+ Having GSP actually DO the workout the entire time is pretty cool. It helps keep me motivated and it's nice to see how a recognizable professional athlete does during a program like this.
+ Good variety of routines and moves. Quite a few moves I hadn't done in the other progams.
+ Requires dumbbells and nothing else. No yoga ball, no pull-up bar.
+ Results were OK, not great (I expect diminishing returns as I continue to do more at-home programs, though). I did work hard during each routine and did every routine as scheduled, never missing a day.
+ Difficulty was decent. It wasn't so easy that I felt like I was getting no benefit, but there was never a day I hated doing because it was ridiculously difficult, either.
+ There is a gorgeous woman in most of the workouts -- a plus in my book!
+ Price. For $50-80, you're getting a solid program for the money when compared to Beachbody products.

Cons:
- Same warmup and cooldown EVERY day. Both get really old really fast. Eventually I memorized the cooldown and did it without watching the video just so I could avoid the second con listed below:
- The talking. I know Eric is trying to be helpful but boy, almost everything he says it just such...filler. "This workout is so great", "dynamic, functional movements", "warmup/cooldown is super important", etc. etc. Sometimes I'd prefer him to talk about the actual moves or not talk at all. Additionally, while I'm a big fan of GSP, the dialog between him and Eric is often (usually) awkward and pointless. I got to the point where I'd cringe every time I knew it was coming. "Here comes the part where Georges talks about how he's an explosive athlete again..."
- Some of the moves are awkward or don't feel beneficial. The "Russian getup"-type movements (I believe they were called) were kind of awkward and in my opinion not a good move for a home workout program. I would have liked to see those replaced with something else that was a little easier to duplicate. I was either doing them wrong, or they just don't work as well as other exercises. Similarly there was at least one "sit-through"-type movement where you lift yourself off the ground with your closed fists and then swing your legs through (and I think this was for like 5 minutes straight if I remember correctly). It was pretty ridiculous. There were a few other moves that felt out of place, but I can't remember them off the top of my head.
- There were some segments where you do the same exercise for 5 minute straight. It felt like a bit of a cop-out on their part (like they ran out of moves). Regardless of the reason, those segments were boring and unmotivating.
- The "nutrition guide" that comes with this program is just a small booklet of general healthy eating tips, dos and don'ts, calorie calculations, etc. Aside from a page or two with some general meal suggestions, don't count on getting much from this "guide" other than some extremely basic nutrition information.

Overall I'd give this program a 3.5/5 stars. It has some strong points and plenty of weak points, just like all the other programs I've done. If you're considering it, read my pros/cons and try and think of this as something like a "P90X Light". Feel free to let me know if you have questions/comments and I'd be happy to answer!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent program for the $$$$$$, November 14, 2012
I did quite a bit of research before I purchased Rushfit. I had just completed 2 rounds of Insanity and was looking for something else to keep my interest going. There are several things that I like about Rushfit. First, there are 3 different workout levels to choose from; there are 3 different workout calendars (beginner, intermediate, and advanced). Each DVD has a segment showing the proper way to do the different exercises as well as how to modify them. The program also has days where you can add your own cardio.
If I had to choose between this program and Insanity, I would definitely pick Rushfit. Insanity was a good challenge, but Shaun T doesn't show you how to do the movements properly and there is no discussion about how to modify the movements. Also, the program was so intense that I had to stop doing my weight lifting. If you are looking to gain muscle, Insanity is not the program for you AND I don't care what the infomercial says, there is no way that you will gain muscle in 60 days. The program is heavy on the cardio and there are no weights involved. I am into my 3rd week of Rushfit and I can see my arms and abs toning up already. This is using 5 lb and 10 lb dumbells. So if you want cardio and want to build up your endurance, then Insanity is for you----at the end of my 2 rounds I definitely noticed a huge improvement in my endurance, but I did lose some muscle. I also have more confidence in the trainer that developed Rushfit. He describes the movements and relates the exercises to real life movements. The sequence of the DVDs also make sense, with stretching and agility exercises on cardio days and after the harder workouts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great interval training, June 6, 2012
D.A.Beirne (Gulf Coast, Texas USA) - See all my reviews
I'm 50 yrs old, did the original 8-week Rushfit plan and while I didn't lose a whole lot of weight (I didn't do any diet adjustments) cardio conditioning went up and my blood pressure and cholesterol went down. I got the program because I didn't have to have much for equipment ($20 per mat, a set of 8lb and 12 lb dumbbells, plus the dvds). Face it, my chunky buns are enough weight for me to be lifting. And pumping that 12 lb dumbbell gets heavy as you do a lot of 30 second sets with each arm. No injuries since you're not lifting a dangerous amount (except yourself). I had some stiffness in my back and neck and hips, and all that is pretty much gone, probably due more to the stretching and all the activity. Based on functional fitness, Rushfit focuses on using natural body movements, i.e. moving your muscles in ways in which you will actually use them in daily life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Workout, August 17, 2013
DSG (Rosedale, CA) - See all my reviews
First – a little background. I am 58 years old and started working out with weights in 1969. I am in decent shape but got into bad eating habits which lasted from the age of 1 to 53! I pretty much ate what I wanted because I could. However, the older you get the less that is true.

I started doing P90X five years ago and completely changed my eating habits. Lost the extra weight for several years but let it creep back up (sweets, sweets, sweets). No one ever thinks I am fat or even overweight. However, there is a big difference between 163 and 186. I have done P90X, P90X+, P90X2, and Insanity. I thoroughly enjoy them all. I did the Virgin Diet (which is really just eating correctly and eliminating foods to which you have little tolerance) and got back to my high school weight of 163.

I looked at another “MMA” workout and it got poor reviews. So, I bought RushFit.

I have been doing it for three weeks.

Pros:
- It is fun to do.
- The workouts seem to take no time at all.
- I sweat like a pig.
- It is different (more or less) than P90X. You are continually doing something for five minutes straight, small rest, and then five more minutes. You do five “rounds”.
- The up/down and full body movements are different than isolation moves.
- If you do the routines you will lose weight.
- Although they suggest 10 or 15 pound weights you might wish to increase that if you are in good shape.
- The functional fitness aspect of the full body moves makes you feel great.

Cons:
- None yet as far as the workouts are concerned.
- The quality of the sessions is not as “choreographed” as the BeachBody products.
- The trainer and GSP always seem to be talking over one another.
- GSP has a novel way of presenting some things due to the fact that English is not his native tongue. That being said, I cannot speak a lick of French.
- GSP overdoes the stress that is being put upon him by the workouts. He acts like he is truly working hard. This from a guy who could probably go ten rounds with a bulldozer. It seems rather contrived at times.
- I think that this would not be a good “first time” workout series for someone who is not in at least fair shape and could definitely be harmful to someone who is in really bad shape unless they really modified the routines.
- There are a lot of squats and bending of the knees (as might be expected). My wife stopped doing it because she has knee problems. She felt she could not modify RushFit as easily as she does P90X.

Recap
It is a good product – it works. You will sweat and you will lose weight (if you eat sensibly). I recommend this workout.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 430 | Next ›