5.0 out of 5 stars Train like a Champion! *no not really*
GSP's tag line on the cover says "if you want to be a champion, you have to train like one." While this is surly motivating as hell sounding. I'm not 100% sure these are the actual workouts GSP does when he's training. But I'm 37 and out of shape so I'm 100% sure even if I finish this program, my chances of ever being a champion at anything are slim to none. None to be...
Published on February 19, 2012 by J. Williams

3.0 out of 5 stars Not very motivating.
I am a p90 x grad and was looking for something new for a few months for change. The few things i didn't like, the first day (i followed their schedule) i used the first dvd that i was suppose to,the next day i was suppose to do cardio so i looked for the DVD and after 10 minutes i figured it out that it doesn't come with one for cardio, ok so day number 2 find your own...
Published 9 months ago by mountain man

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 427 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Rushfit Rocks!, March 5, 2012
This review is from: Rushfit Georges St-Pierre 8 Week Ultimate Home Training Program (DVD)
I've been working out for years in the gym, then I tried P90x which wasn't bad but I saw an ad for Rushfit so I thought I'd give it a shot. And man am I glad I did. I'm down 15 pounds and I've never felt better! The best part is that I play hockey as well and with the emphasis on functional training I see a huge improvement in my hockey game! I turned a couple of friends on to it as well and they absolutely love it.

The things that really stick out for me are:
- Time - I'm a busy guy so the fact that the workouts are only 45 mins and still give me great results while kicking my butt is huge.
- Structure - The 5 five minute rounds are a great way to structure it and I find that the time flies by
- Minimal Equipment - I can do this in my room with a couple of dumbells
- Functional training - I love the fact that it's full body, functional training. I had been doing supersets and circuits in the gym for a while on my own, but doing them with this program is miles beyond. I love the fact that you're moving and you really get to know your body rather than just standing there doing curls.
- It's fun - I actually look forward to working out with this program.

All in all, I highly recommend Rushfit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Home Workout Program (so far), November 28, 2012
It sounds cliche, but...My first Amazon review - I felt inclined to provide one because I feel very strongly about this product. I've gone through the full Insanity, P90X and Rushfit programs (and I'm now trying Deltafit Speed Shred next week) and in my opinion, Rushfit is the best. Don't get me wrong, I love the Beachbody programs and they have definitely improved my body and fitness levels but Rushfit sticks out because of the overall results, time management and cost effectiveness it provides. I don't really get too much into the science of fitness and bodybuilding but Rushfit just seemed to provide the best results for me. I lost the most weight, felt overall better and had the best physical transformations after completing Rushfit. Granted this was the last of the programs that I completed but I could just "tell" that Rushfit produced the best results. While I originally thought going through the same warm-up and cool-down segments would be a negative, after a while I saw it as a positive because they both accomplished what they set out to do: loosen up my muscles and get me ready for the workout and relax my muscles and prepare me for the next workout. Finally, I think the thing that sets Rushfit apart is the fact I always looked forward to the next workout - something I can't say about Insanity and P90X. I highly recommend this product, and you won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kick butt without, April 26, 2012
GSP Rushfit is a great workout if you are trying to get in shape and you are on a budget. It's significantly cheaper than P90x and insanity. The kind of body you get from it is the lean cut type, so if you are looking to bulk up go with P90x.

There are 3 calendars to choose from, beginner,intermidiate and advanced. Personally I'd recommend starting out at the intermidiate level, the beginner workout should only be used if you are extremely out of shape.

The workouts are about 50 minutes long, and the weighted workouts really kick your ass. If you lift heavy and are used to stopping after 6-8 reps this work puts will have you begging for mercy as they test your muscle endurance more than anything.

The production value is high,the images are crisp and clear and there are no miscues. However it doesn't come with subtitles,so deaf people may have some problems following the instructions. Some people have complained that GSP is hard to understand, and he is,but he isn't the one leading the work out,so it doesn't matter.

I'm on week 4 of the advanced program and I'm already seeing results. About the only problem I'd have with this series is that on cardio days,you are supposed to do cardio on your own. I don't have an issue with this as I run anyway or pop in an insanity DVD but some maybe turned off by this,specially when doing the beginner series or the intermidiate series there's a lot of cardio. Only the advanced workout has a significant amount of weighted workouts with less cardio.

Overall not bad for less than 80. Just keep in mind you'll do cardio on your own and you'll be golden.

UPDATE June 4 2012

Just finished my 8 weeks of the advanced calendar! boy I am in great shape. I'm a lot leaner now than when I started, although I still have some stubborn belly fat, but the volume of my belly is significantly lower than it was when I started. I'm guessing another 8 weeks would finally get rid of all of it.

Overall I dropped 2 pant sizes and lost 15 pounds in 8 weeks,which is pretty amazing. However, the thing that impressed me about this program the most is how much muscle endurance I've gained. I went to the gym last night just for fun to work out with a friend of mine who is a hardcore gym rat. I was able to work out for longer than him (he has always been stronger than me),not only that, but I noticed that I had way more stability and balance than him, this is all due to the functional training offered by Rushfit. I've also noticed that when I work out next to other people, specially in body weight routines (like push ups), I have a lot more stability. My hips don't sag,my back doesn't bend, etc. I really hope there's a Rushfit 2 for people who graduated from the first 1 that will focus on more advanced, complex moves, and a "real" cardio routine instead of having to do cardio on your own.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent program for the $$$$$$, November 14, 2012
I did quite a bit of research before I purchased Rushfit. I had just completed 2 rounds of Insanity and was looking for something else to keep my interest going. There are several things that I like about Rushfit. First, there are 3 different workout levels to choose from; there are 3 different workout calendars (beginner, intermediate, and advanced). Each DVD has a segment showing the proper way to do the different exercises as well as how to modify them. The program also has days where you can add your own cardio.
If I had to choose between this program and Insanity, I would definitely pick Rushfit. Insanity was a good challenge, but Shaun T doesn't show you how to do the movements properly and there is no discussion about how to modify the movements. Also, the program was so intense that I had to stop doing my weight lifting. If you are looking to gain muscle, Insanity is not the program for you AND I don't care what the infomercial says, there is no way that you will gain muscle in 60 days. The program is heavy on the cardio and there are no weights involved. I am into my 3rd week of Rushfit and I can see my arms and abs toning up already. This is using 5 lb and 10 lb dumbells. So if you want cardio and want to build up your endurance, then Insanity is for you----at the end of my 2 rounds I definitely noticed a huge improvement in my endurance, but I did lose some muscle. I also have more confidence in the trainer that developed Rushfit. He describes the movements and relates the exercises to real life movements. The sequence of the DVDs also make sense, with stretching and agility exercises on cardio days and after the harder workouts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great interval training, June 6, 2012
D.A.Beirne (Gulf Coast, Texas USA) - See all my reviews
I'm 50 yrs old, did the original 8-week Rushfit plan and while I didn't lose a whole lot of weight (I didn't do any diet adjustments) cardio conditioning went up and my blood pressure and cholesterol went down. I got the program because I didn't have to have much for equipment ($20 per mat, a set of 8lb and 12 lb dumbbells, plus the dvds). Face it, my chunky buns are enough weight for me to be lifting. And pumping that 12 lb dumbbell gets heavy as you do a lot of 30 second sets with each arm. No injuries since you're not lifting a dangerous amount (except yourself). I had some stiffness in my back and neck and hips, and all that is pretty much gone, probably due more to the stretching and all the activity. Based on functional fitness, Rushfit focuses on using natural body movements, i.e. moving your muscles in ways in which you will actually use them in daily life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Workout, August 17, 2013
DSG (Rosedale, CA) - See all my reviews
First – a little background. I am 58 years old and started working out with weights in 1969. I am in decent shape but got into bad eating habits which lasted from the age of 1 to 53! I pretty much ate what I wanted because I could. However, the older you get the less that is true.

I started doing P90X five years ago and completely changed my eating habits. Lost the extra weight for several years but let it creep back up (sweets, sweets, sweets). No one ever thinks I am fat or even overweight. However, there is a big difference between 163 and 186. I have done P90X, P90X+, P90X2, and Insanity. I thoroughly enjoy them all. I did the Virgin Diet (which is really just eating correctly and eliminating foods to which you have little tolerance) and got back to my high school weight of 163.

I looked at another “MMA” workout and it got poor reviews. So, I bought RushFit.

I have been doing it for three weeks.

Pros:
- It is fun to do.
- The workouts seem to take no time at all.
- I sweat like a pig.
- It is different (more or less) than P90X. You are continually doing something for five minutes straight, small rest, and then five more minutes. You do five “rounds”.
- The up/down and full body movements are different than isolation moves.
- If you do the routines you will lose weight.
- Although they suggest 10 or 15 pound weights you might wish to increase that if you are in good shape.
- The functional fitness aspect of the full body moves makes you feel great.

Cons:
- None yet as far as the workouts are concerned.
- The quality of the sessions is not as “choreographed” as the BeachBody products.
- The trainer and GSP always seem to be talking over one another.
- GSP has a novel way of presenting some things due to the fact that English is not his native tongue. That being said, I cannot speak a lick of French.
- GSP overdoes the stress that is being put upon him by the workouts. He acts like he is truly working hard. This from a guy who could probably go ten rounds with a bulldozer. It seems rather contrived at times.
- I think that this would not be a good “first time” workout series for someone who is not in at least fair shape and could definitely be harmful to someone who is in really bad shape unless they really modified the routines.
- There are a lot of squats and bending of the knees (as might be expected). My wife stopped doing it because she has knee problems. She felt she could not modify RushFit as easily as she does P90X.

Recap
It is a good product – it works. You will sweat and you will lose weight (if you eat sensibly). I recommend this workout.

4.0 out of 5 stars a review for the 50-somethings, February 25, 2013
Flatfive (Naperville, Illinois) - See all my reviews
I'm in my 50s and pretty fit, but bored of my exercise
regime. I looked at the popular DVD-based exercise
programs with an eye towards the intensity level and
the chance of getting injured. To give an idea of
my fitness level, I usually run 4 miles 3 times a
week and do some weight work or pilates the other days.

I picked Rushfit because it sounded reasonably
intense, adaptable to different fitness levels, and
not too time-consuming. Also, no equipment except
for a couple pairs of dumbbells.

I'm now halfway through the 8-week program, and
happy with it so far. My strength, flexibility,
and overall fitness have improved. Weight loss
wasn't a goal, but I would like to lose a few
a few pounds. Instead I've gained a pound or two.
Strangely, it seems those pounds are muscle -- I
haven't gained flab.

Before the program started I had a few niggling
issues, including a little sciatica on my left side.
Now the sciatica is gone (great!), and the other
issues are the same or not as bad.

It was pretty easy to adapt Rushfit to my level.
There are three overall levels for the program,
which involves the 8-week program schedule, which
days are rest days, which workout on which day,
etc. Additionally, during the workouts alternative,
easier versions of the tough exercises are shown.

My minor complaints about the program:
1. The warm-up and cool-down portion of each workout is
identical -- a little variety here would be better.

2. Each workout DVD contains a "foundations moves" section
explaining the exercises of the workout. On some of the
DVDs this section goes through the exercises much too quickly,
especially the fight conditioning workout.

3. A few of the exercises seem a lot harder than the rest.
For example: from a position of "standing" on the knees,
jump up to standing normally on the feet.

People with knee or back programs may want to stay away.
I've been telling my wife about the exercises, and she
says many would be too much for her knees.

----

Update: Just finished the 8-week program at the beginner
level, and pleased with the outcome. My overall strength
and fitness are better, I feel better, and my posture has
improved. I can even feel the difference in my running.
Plus, I've suffered no injuries.

I'll take it a little easier for a week then plan to
do the program again at the intermediate level.

----

Another update. I couldn't last a week and started
the intermediate level a couple of days after finishing
the beginner level. Still enjoying the program and
getting fitter.

A little irritation is that the trainer
will say 'okay' to signal the end of an activity, but
*also* when there are about 10 or 15 seconds left
(as in "okay... 10 seconds to go"). Really annoying,
especially if you're barely hanging in there.

Another little issue is that my right wrist problems
are flaring up a little with all the pushups and
ground work in the program. Hoping I don't have to
take a break.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great program!, March 9, 2012
I just wanted to give a female perspective on this program. Its incredible!! I've done other at-home workouts so I am in shape but I wanted to improve my functional fitness. I'm also a mom so I don't have all day to workout. Eric Owings (the trainer in Rushfit) knows his stuff! He clearly knows the science behind exercise and that's how you know you're going to get great results.

The warm up is seriously more challenging than a typical warmup but that's great because it will get you ready for the rounds of exercise. I chose to do the advanced version but they have beginner and intermediate. By the end of each workout you will be drenched in sweat or you simply didn't do it right. GSP is clearly pushing himself throughout the workouts so it motivates you. I'm sure this is not GSP's actual routine but it works! I saw some of the principles of Crossfit woven into this program which is why I love it and it's a hell of a lot less expensive than Crossfit. Don't let the Balance and Agility name fool you in one of the workouts...it's INTENSE! I have done other workouts since doing Rushfit and I've noticed a huge increase in my fitness abilities and I lost 15lbs! I really REALLY wish there were a Rushfit 2!!! Eric Owings if you read this, PLEASE do another Rushfit!

Overall, the program is fantastic for everyone and great for women or moms. Especially if time is an issue, these workouts are never longer than 45 minutes. It's an investment in your health and well worth it :)

5.0 out of 5 stars $Well worth the money$, October 14, 2012
I've been doing Insanity for over a year now and have been getting bored with the same routine over and over so I thought I'd give Rushfit a go. I'm in great physical condition and can usually make Shaun T my b*$#h, so right at first I have to admit that I was a little disappointed with the pace of Rushfit. However, it didn't take me long to find that I was working completely different muscles in a different way with Rushfit.

It's strange to me but I don't feel as fatigued after Rushfit as I do with Insanity and I have a faster recovery time with Rushfit. But, I'm only on day 30 of Rushfit and have lost 12 lbs. and am getting stronger and leaner. My cardio certainly improved with Insanity and I love the workout but I never lost an ounce while doing it. With Insanity my lungs burned and my legs got fatigued, with Rushfit my shoulders burn (BAD) and I sweat profusely. Rushfit definitely has more of a focus on core muscles as compared to Insanity's emphasis on lower body.

My goal has never been to lose weight, only to maintain fitness but because I'm actually getting stronger and trimming up with Rushfit, I'll gladly accept the results. So as far as Rushfit goes, I wish it was slightly more intense, perhaps one more round of training. I may actually develop my own workout calendar mixing the two programs to maintain cardio and strength.

So here's my opinion, on a scale from 0-10.

Rushfit 9.5

Insanity 9.5

P90X 6

Rushfit and Insanity are of equal value depending on your overall goal, both are far superior to P90X.

4.0 out of 5 stars Honest opinion, March 18, 2013
I waited until I finished the 8 week program in full so I could write a thorough and well educated review. Note: I am, and was, in good physical shape before starting the program; but had fallen out of the workout circuit for 8 months after my son was born so I was (a) looking for something to kick start me back into physical fitness (b) put on a little muscle mass and (c) get some muscle tone back. If you are looking for a weight less mechanism, I cannot counsel you one way or the other.

Good stuff: Total workout time is around 50 minutes if you do warm-up and cool down segments (which you should definitely do to avoid injury and refresh). This is not always true because some days you have to do "double duty" (as I call it) where you will have 30 - 40 minutes of self guided cardio followed by RushFit video so these days (usually twice a week) will take an hour and a half. Workouts are challenging for someone mild - moderately fit in good cardio and muscular health. Very easy to follow workout calendar, nutrition guide, and in video instructions. Trainer offers modified position for more difficult exercises and encourages you to use these modifiers when fatigued so you can keep pushing. Program offers three different workout calendars of varied intensity in terms of requirements. Note: If you want the most intense workout be prepared to dedicate two 50 minute sessions per day.

Not so good stuff: Only one warm-up and cool down session recorded; so everyday, regardless of which workout you are assigned, the warm-up and cool down will be exactly the same. Would have been nice if these segments had been better tailored to target the muscle groups that would be worked most intensly. Cardio segments are self guided, meaning you decide what to do and you may have to purchase extra vidoes to incorporate aerobic exercise. You will need dumbells (more money) for these workouts and I made the mistake of purchasing circular plated dumbells. Some exercises require you to suspend in push-up position with dumbells in hand so you need hex shaped plates for stability. If you are not well disciplined and properly educated on nutrition, you may find the nutrition guide too vague and easy to stray from.

End result: I gained four pounds (muscle mass), have received quite a few compliments from the wife that my upper body tone has nicely improved, abs are peeking out a little more (wish I could say I'm rocking a six pack, but that is not the case), and general physical abilities (i.e. number of squats, burpies, push-up, sit-ups, etc.) have increased substantially.

Finally take-away: I enjoyed it very much and I intend to go through the eight week program again as I genuinely enjoyed the program. If you are super fit, you may not find it challenging enough as many commentors before me have suggested (though I cannot speak to that as I have not attempted the other programs), but I think this one is a good start for folks looking to go back into a challenging workout routine. Would I recommend it to a friend of family member? Yes.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 427 | Next ›