5.0 out of 5 stars Magic!!
Published 5 months ago by J. Haber

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your time
Published 12 months ago by RR

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your time, March 29, 2013
This review is from: Rusk Keratin Smoothing System [Misc.] (Misc.)
This is an absolute fail - I have used keratin treatments for about the last 6 years (had it done in salon and done at home by myself, I know what I am doing and have done the treatments enough to be very good at it). I have used a few different brands and they are not all the same, some work better than others (yes the formaldehyde is key if you are looking to straighten and not just de-frizz, but there are risks). I was in to my local professional beauty supply place and thought I would give this one a try as the rep insisted that it was good, I was skeptical and turns out I was right. Even the worst among the ones that I have used in the past did something (reducing frizz at least) - this did nothing for my hair. Did not reduce drying time, did not de-frizz/smooth, nothing, what a waste of a couple of hours. If I could give it 0 stars, I would.

Update: because of the frazzled mess this left my hair (the result did not improve with time), I ended up using the QOD Max which is a similar type product (hair can be washed immediately, no formaldehyde/low formaldehyde). What a difference between the two products. The QOD left my hair beautifully smooth (actually had people comment on how healthy my hair was - even people who I had not met before) and there were no fumes. I'd say the QOD works out the same price wise (maybe cheaper as the Rusk you have to buy individually and the QOD you can buy in bulk, but I paid wholesale for the Rusk and note that it is being sold to the end user at a much higher price). As far as the Rusk - I'll never use it again.

1.0 out of 5 stars To harsh for my hair, January 5, 2013
This review is from: Rusk Keratin Smoothing System [Misc.] (Misc.)
I have been using a different brand of keratin smoothing system for the past year, but I wanted to try Rusk Keratin Smoothing System since I love all the Rusk Keratin Maintenance products (shampoo and conditions) and use them regularly. This product dried my hair out and did not produce the beautiful results I had experienced in the past using a different brand. I would not recommend this to anyone for purchase because it is too harsh.

1.0 out of 5 stars Rusk didnt work, June 27, 2013
This review is from: Rusk Keratin Smoothing System [Misc.] (Misc.)
Waste of time & money. I bought their shampoo/ conditioner and am returning those also. Literally did NOTHING to my hair.

5.0 out of 5 stars Magic!!, November 6, 2013
J. Haber (Sarasota, FL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rusk Keratin Smoothing System [Misc.] (Misc.)
My Hairdresser used this yesterday on my somewhat fine but naturally wavy, medium texture hair which is prone to frizz and fuzz in the Florida humidity. Granted it's near winter here and the humidity is lower than usual but I LOVE the results this has given my hair. Straight, fine, soft, pure magic! This was my first Keratin treatment and I couldn't be more pleased! No bad smell and only 48 hrs to wait to wash. I'll come back and update after I've washed it and see if I'm still in love.

1.0 out of 5 stars A waste of time, June 13, 2013
This review is from: Rusk Keratin Smoothing System [Misc.] (Misc.)
I will admit that this was the first 'Keratin' treatment I have had experience with. My daughter always has hers done at a salon ($240) - I thought I'd save a few bucks and go with the Rusk Deepshine system. What a FALSE ECONOMY. I had my daugher do it (she's had several of these done - always by a professional) - the next morning, I found no shine and the same 'ol frizz. While it was nice to have a 3 hour visit with my daughter I'm sorry, sorry, sorry I wasted my time and money with this product.

2.0 out of 5 stars So, does it break the disulfide bonds, or merely crosslink keratin?, January 17, 2013
This review is from: Rusk Keratin Smoothing System [Misc.] (Misc.)
Why is it so damn hard to get the real information, the deep information, about what the hell is going on with these products? AAGGGGHHH! I need to know, because I am very confused, does this treatment work by breaking the hairs' disulfide bonds, or by crosslinking keratin to the hair, thus weighing it down temporarily, until the keratin washes off?

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a keratin treatment, September 19, 2012
This review is from: Rusk Keratin Smoothing System [Misc.] (Misc.)
This product might reduce frizz and cut drying time but it is not comparable to a real keratin treatment.
It also seems to deliever little to no results on people with fine or limp hair.

ARRAY(0xd8b2a164)