4.0 out of 5 stars Best Hair Dryer I Have Ever Owned!
I didn't realize what a difference a good hair dryer could make when styling your hair until I picked this little gem up!!! My hair is thick, and curly and requires quite a bit of work which is why this blow dryer has changed my life! There are so many different settings that anyone could easily use it and get the results they want.

Compared to the $20-30 dryer...
Published on April 18, 2012 by Sarah

2.0 out of 5 stars Watch out!
Published 10 months ago by Psyflower

4.0 out of 5 stars Best Hair Dryer I Have Ever Owned!, April 18, 2012
Sarah (Minneapolis, MN) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rusk Super Freak Professional Ceramic Tourmaline Hair Dryer, 2000 Watt (Misc.)

Compared to the $20-30 dryer I use to own, this one has easily cut down my drying time in half.

It's nice that it also comes with concentrator. The reason why I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 is because I wish it also came with a diffuser...or at least information on which brand of diffusers are compatible with the nozzle because in the research I have done it doesn't appear that Rusk sells diffusers. Anyone with curly hair understands the value of a diffuser :)

2.0 out of 5 stars Watch out!, September 1, 2013
I needed to replace my Chi dryer and I had such high hopes for this one after reading the reviews. Honestly, I do think that if all you're looking for is a quick dry (with no need for time-consuming styling), this is the product for you. I mean it. I also appreciated the non-skid body of the dryer itself. It prevented that annoying tendency for hair dryers to slide off the vanity and crash to the floor. The Super Freak dried my hair very quickly, and I was in love with this dryer up to this point in my morning prep routine. For me, after drying my hair, the next step is to attach the concentrator piece and use a round brush to style my hair. However, at the very FIRST pass through my hair with the round brush, my hair literally fried off. I smelled burnt hair and felt the broken stands slide down my shoulders. I was horrified! I varied nothing in my routine that day. So, I stopped right there and never used this dryer again. My vanity and sink were littered with burned and broken hair. My Chi dryer also uses equally high heat but it never once burned my hair, so it couldn't be the heat. My only guess is the difference in the concentrator pieces: the Super Freak's has no ventilation slits at all. I think this is my culprit. I've never seen a dryer with an unventilated concentrator. That's the only difference I can see. (And not that I ever had a worry about this flaw, but the concentrator is also very narrow, and therefore would require many more passes through my hair to style all of it.)
I was bummed because I wanted to have found myself a really great hairdryer, but I had to send it back. It was no good for my hair.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!!!!!, February 13, 2013
I wish I didn't wait so long to buy this cause its amazing!!! I have super thick shoulder blade length hair that usually took about 30 minutes to dry.. Used this hair dryer yesterday and it only took me 10 minutes!!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Super Freak is a Super Time Saver!, April 26, 2012
Love this blowdryer! I have long hair, I like to wear my hair straight which normally can take approx. 45 minutes to do, by buying this product it cut my time in half! Also, its not extremely loud which is a plus! I wouldnt buy another dryer!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love at first dry..., September 5, 2011
I got this dryer on sale for $79 at Ulta, and it may be the best $79 I ever spent. It cuts my drying time in half. The heat is very hot, so I turned it down from the high setting. I have long thick hair, so thats the first time Ive ever done that. I love this thing! The only draw lback is that it is a little heavier than my previous dryer, but I don't have to hold it so long.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, March 19, 2013
I have the older model and switch to this one, the updated one. I love it. The cord is thicker and the control bottoms do not move when you are blowing drying your hair. It is easy on your hair, quick dry time. Love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Rusk Super Freak hair dryer is AMAZING, December 25, 2011
This is a MUST HAVE!!!! I dry my hair in 5 minutes and it has never looked better... No frizz... the nozzle is perfect for using a round brush... the cord is 9 feet long... I gave this as a gift but also bought one for myself at the same time -- RUSK has the BEST styling products and they are worth the cost...

5.0 out of 5 stars The best! Highly recommended in terms of price, design, and performance., December 4, 2013
I absolutely love, love, love my rusk SUPER freak. I previously owned the rusk speed freak and also loved its performance. I never had much of a complaint, except that it really lived up to the power that was acclaimed by the brand. That being said, it's very powerful and the high setting is very hot. (Which can be good and bad!) I would usually use the medium setting as to not burn off my hair- and still got wonderful results.

The super freak has the same sleek design, but even better is the connection cord (wire) which seems to be 10x more sturdy and thicker. Its great because it doesn't cause that tangled mess of the wire, which I do believe contributes to the blow dryer underperforming [I say this based on experience]. Anyhow, it may be a tad bit louder but nothing of too much concern. I feel that the power is just right and it leaves your hair silky and with the perfect volume.

I had read that some customers on amazon had issues with receiving the wrong device (i.e received the speed freak instead of the super freak) - I did not have any issues related to this. All was delivered as per my order.

The brand is great and the device is better! I am a true rusk (con air) fan and absolutely love their warranty policy. If you're device is under warranty, they will replace with a new one. I had issues with several of the speed freaks after a year and a half of use. Keep in mind that I would use this almost every day to every other day. But till the end, it always performed at its best.

This is highly recommended in terms of price, design, and performance.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful and well worth the money!, June 24, 2013
Momma Angel (West Chester, OH) - See all my reviews
This dryer was a great buy! Didn't cut my hair drying time in half but my hair is much shinier and has much more body. It has several heat settings and speed settings. I would highly recommend spending a few extra dollars on a quality hair dryer. They last for many years and your hair with thank you!

5.0 out of 5 stars super blow dryer, January 9, 2013
was looking for a high output blow dryer. Also wanted the cool button. This fit the bill and works perfectly

Rate and Discover Movies