5.0 out of 5 stars Great Tee
My husband is a big man. He needs a good t-shirt. We haven't found any better T's anywhere. Just in case you have the same question we did about choosing 6x or 5x-tall. The 5x-tall is about 2" longer.
Published on October 28, 2005 by Melissa J. Martin

1.0 out of 5 stars Russell Athletic Men's Big & Tall Basic Short Sleeve T-Shirt
Published on September 8, 2012 by Craig B

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Tee, October 28, 2005
This review is from: Russell Athletic Men's Big & Tall Basic Short Sleeve Pocket Tee (Apparel)

4.0 out of 5 stars I now like it with the pocket!, May 5, 2006
Update. I'd like to upgrade this to five stars, now. Why the turn-around? Well. Since I got my iPhone, the front pocket has become invaluable. Before the iPhone I had nothing to put there and it was kind of an eyesore. But given my longer torso, the iPhone's iconic white headphones are just a bit too short for comfort if I carry my iPhone in my pants pocket.

So now I'm only buying the pocket tees. The $1 premium is cheap for a quality iPhone sleeve :-)

The rest of my original review:

- The quality and fit of the t-shirt itself deserves five stars. The pro cotton is a world different from the regular cotton on most t-shirts, its slightly heavier weight letting the shirt hang off your shoulders and maintain a nice shape. Cheaper material light t-shirts have tended to crumple or cling a bit more than is comfortable, and are best worn inside of shirts or something. This pro cotton t-shirt can be quite elegant worn on its own.

- I used to buy the regular XXL shirt, but now the 2XLT's are my favorite, even if they are more than twice the price on Amazon. The problem is, you can't find these sizes anywhere else, including on Russell Athletic's own online store. So Amazon is it, mostly.

- I'm not unusually tall but my torso is proportionately longer. My normal XXL t-shirts would often un-tuck themselves, or expose my belly if I was reaching for something. The 2XLT's are a perfect remedy for that, allowing me to be more physically active - you won't believe how much the annoyance of a shirt escaping out of its tucked position limits your movement. You hold yourself back even if you aren't aware of it.

- Even though it seems there are only color differences, the materials do differ slightly depending on the color. The heather variety are more flexible, but I think they are ugly in the lighter colors. Navy heather's my favorite, though rare to find here.

- Follow the washing instructions. If the washing and drying is too hot, the t-shirts DO shrink. I have some XXL's that were washed in the "normal" setting of the washer and dryer, and they have distinctly become tighter and shorter, almost by an entire size.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great shirt, May 12, 2007
This shirt is quality! We are a tall family and We are glad this is made in a tall size. The price was also right.

1.0 out of 5 stars Russell Athletic Men's Big & Tall Basic Short Sleeve T-Shirt, September 8, 2012
I hardly ever leave reviews unless I think a product is really good, or as in this case other shoppers need to beware. Now...Since I already own some Russell Athletic T-shirts like the one pictured for this product, I went ahead and purchased two. I didn't recieve what was shown on the website or described in the product description. The shirts I recieved were of much lighter fabric and holes quickly developed on the bottom of the pockets. The fit is okay, but I'm still not real satisfied with the purchase. I should have been sent what was shown in the picture and not something cheaper and of less quality. Amazon needs to monitor their sellers a little better!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, June 12, 2012
I am a tall man but also a fat man. I need shirts that fit me in the upper body but are long enough to hide my belly. These shirts fit the bill plus they are heavyweight, well manufactured shirts. The chest pocket is a nice bonus as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Russell t-shirts, May 29, 2009
Donald Sanderson (St. Louis, MO USA) - See all my reviews
I exclusively buy Russell t-shirts for one reason:
THE NECKS NEVER, EVER DROOP EVEN WHEN THEY ARE SEVERAL YEARS OLD !
this is a very big issue with me and Russell is the only t-shirt I have ever owned that keeps it shape.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Good Shirt, August 14, 2008
Got three of these for working out at the gym. I'm fairly well satisfied.

Pros: Excellent quality construction and very heavy fabric. These should last a long time.

Cons: These shirts have the tightest neck I've ever experienced in a t-shirt. They are the only t-shirts in my collection that I have to take my glasses off to put on. They fit my neck so tight that, combined with the heavy weight fabric, they get awfully hot due to lack of ventilation. Sure, I've got a big neck, but I bought shirts for a big man. You'd think they would take that into consideration when designing the neck.

Overall, they're pretty good shirts but I don't think I'll buy anymore. I'll probably go for a V-neck shirt. However, I might consider the long-sleeve version for winter use. They should be great.

2.0 out of 5 stars Workmanship, March 5, 2009
Russell Athletic Men's Big & Tall Basic Short Sleeve Solid Crew Neck T-Shirt With Chest Pocket I purchased 4 shirts. When I received them the material was puckered along the seams under the arms. Looked like a high school home economic class did the sewing. The seam joints were misaligned also.

I subsequently bought shirts from another supplier made in the same country and the workmanship was excellent. This may have been a problem with one assembly organization.

5.0 out of 5 stars Russell Athletic makes quality products, February 21, 2014
As with previously Russell products, the tee shirts are well made and fix my 6'6" 340lb frame properly. I always wash in cold water and hang dry and shrinkage just does not happen. I have bought 6 of these shirts and I wear them frequently.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great T-Shirt!, June 13, 2008
The T-shirts are good! No shrinking or fading, not too hot, nice pocket so it doesn't look like underwear. Comes in larger sizes like 5X.

Russell Athletic Men's Big & Tall Basic Short Sleeve Pocket Tee