5.0 out of 5 stars Satisfied Customer
Published on May 6, 2007 by Gary Daniell

1.0 out of 5 stars AWFUL!
Published on January 29, 2012 by Jazz Guy

5.0 out of 5 stars Satisfied Customer, May 6, 2007
I could not be happier with this product. The waist draw string is a feature that I am very please about.The Manufacturer had the forsight to make the string one continuous string (no breaks) so you can't lose the string in the waistband. Excellent. Russell is a name brand that I am well acquainted with as a Quality manufacture of sports equipment and clothing so I have no doubts about getting a durable product.I would not hesitate about buying this product again.

5.0 out of 5 stars yes, these are sweatpants, November 8, 2009
This review is from: Russell Athletic Men's Dri-Power Fleece Pocket Pant (Apparel)
Ordinarily, I wouldn't bother to write an Amazon review for sweatpants. Ordinarily, the occasion simply wouldn't warrant such a measure. But, I am living large because of these sweatpants. Coming home to a cold house never felt better, because I know these sweatpants are going to be there, waiting for me. I get home with cold legs, put these on, and BOOM--my reality is altered.

Another reviewer noted that these sweatpants have white pockets. Yes, they do, but I can forgive that; my keys and wallet prefer the soft white ambiance. These are powerful sweatpants.

5.0 out of 5 stars Russell dri power pants, January 28, 2009
I bought these pants to replace Russell sweats that are still functional but very old. These are the same high quality sweats, size is accurate, weight is medium and very comfortable. I've tried Champion, Msport and others and Russell is the best for their intended purpose, working out and dirty jobs. I expect them to last 5+ years like their predecessors.

Update: 12/16/2013 I just bought another pair and I'm adding lounging around comfortably to the intended uses. The quality remains the same, excellent. After a pair has been washed a hundred times they feel a little thinner and lighter so I got a new pair for winter.

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, May 18, 2010
My husband practically lives in these. The description is not correct. They are NOT fleece, they are jersey fabric and not heavy, which is great for the summer. This is a better product than the comparable pants from Champion.

1.0 out of 5 stars AWFUL!, January 29, 2012
Please, people...read and pay attention to reviews! Don't make the mistake I made, ignoring the bad ones regarding these Russell Athletics sweatpants. Terrible construction, (too lightweight, both pockets had holes in them right out of the bag), WAY too small, I even ordered one size too big and they don't fit! Thing is, reviewers TRIED to warn us off them. Russell has slipped badly, since the days when they were a great name. I'd give this a "0" star if I could--I was so mad I didn't even bother sending them back, too much trouble. I can only hope at least one person reads this and avoids Russell Athletics!

1.0 out of 5 stars Russell sweats, February 25, 2008
I have Purchased Dri-power sweat suit a year and a half ago from the store . The product I had bought was called Dri-power . It's a great suit , it's heavy , Thick and comfortable , It's got the special mix of polyester and cotton to help keep of sweat of me . It had the embroided Russell trademark on the shirt and pants . What I bought from amazon was not what I thought I was buying. It says dri-power on it , but I could of bought these sweat pants at flea market for much cheaper , the pants were thin and ordinary it's not the real dri-power sweats I thought I was getting , I'm very disappointed , I wish I never would have bought these sweats from amazon .

4.0 out of 5 stars Just Fine, February 28, 2012
MadWycliffe (Bellingham, WA) - See all my reviews
I've been wearing Russell sweats for several years, and the only problem I've ever had is that the stitching on the pocket opening sometimes gives out after four or five years. That wasn't enough of a complaint to stop me from ordering them again. However, I was taken aback when I read some of the negative reviews and only ordered a single pair this time. The new sweats turned out to be just fine. They're just like the Russell sweats I've worn in the past except that they now sport a logo over the right pocket. They're comfortable and fit well. I plan to order more.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very little waist band elastic, November 27, 2011
I have two more pairs of these sweat pants bought in previous years and the elastic waist band is very tight on them. With these, they almost fall down the elastic is so loose. Won't be buying any more of these!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I wanted, April 9, 2011
Eye on the prize (Fort Worth, TX USA) - See all my reviews
I wanted some sweat pants that I could wear to the gym, wear around the house, and run errands in. I got the charcoal grey ones in the hopes that they would not show cat hairs very badly, because my cats like to sit in my lap while I read. The cat hairs don't show up very noticeably. I have washed them a couple of times. No bleeding. They are very comfortable. Nice and warm. I like the elastic around the legs so I can run outside on cold days. Just what I wanted.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, December 31, 2011
I recently purchased these particular sweatpants for my disabled son. I have relied on the russell brand for a long time because of previous purchases. The last Russell pants I bought lasted almost eight years. With this recent purchase I have been extremely disappointed in the quality of the fabric. Even thought I bought these pants recently, after just several washings, they have been pilling with each wash and now they look like they are worn out and will just barely make it through this winter season ! I will have to start looking again for sweatpants for next winter, and I will not be purchasing Russell's sweatpants again !

Russell Athletic Men's Dri-Power Fleece Pocket Pant