5.0 out of 5 stars buy normal size AND one size bigger, Update given.
Published on November 18, 2012 by Gonzo

3.0 out of 5 stars Way too big!
I ordered two of these for my husband, who wears a 2XL in most anything in a tee, shirt, or sweater, or sweatshirt (Hanes, Fruit of the Loom), or polo shirt, (Eddie Bauer, Lands End, Walmart) - in cotton, 100 percent or not.

Published on November 27, 2011 by scoobydoo123

3.0 out of 5 stars Way too big!, November 27, 2011
scoobydoo123 (Charlotte, NC USA) - See all my reviews

But these Russell Athletic Men's Dri Power sweatshirts in a 2XL are HUGE - not just one size too big, but looks like they are at least a 4 or 5XL - I've never seen that size, but according to folks who wear that big a size, this would fit them! Even washing in warm water and drying on high heat didn't faze these shirts. Sent them back for a refund - less postage, of course. Amazon Prime just may allow me free shipping for my returns. I hope so. This had to be something out of the "irregular" pile of sweats.

So, if you are considering ordering this sweatshirt, be sure to order at least one size down - at least in the 2 to 5 XL's or however high they go. Other than the size, the colors are deep and rich (ordered a black and a red) and the workmanship is flawless. Material is soft and doesn't pill. Just the sizing is off. Rather than taking a chance on an XL for husband, I just sent back for a refund - and hopefully a refund of my postage, too!

5.0 out of 5 stars buy normal size AND one size bigger, Update given., November 18, 2012
to sum it up...i wear large, i NEVER wear a medium, saw reviews about size so i ordered a large and a medium. the medium fits better and i swim in the large. i'm a guy, 5'10", 175lbs. sportin' a little belly. the only problem i have with my medium is that i find the sleaves to creep up on me at times, like they're a little too short. but wait!... i have VERY broad shoulders and have always had a problem with sleaves creeping up...so i would say disregard this part of the review unless you have really broad shoulders. in summary, i wear a large, NEVER EVER a medium, i bought both and decided the medium fit me better. i already have a previous sweatshirt that i swim in, and am tired of that look, so medium for me!
good quality.

UPDATE: After one full year of wearing this Medium sweatshirt, I am buying another Medium, only because I need another color for variety.
This sweatshirt fits me perfect. I wear this sweatshirt ALOT and after a year, it's showing no signs of wear, although it probably has thinned out a little, not as thick and fluffy as when it was new. I would say my earlier comment about the sleaves can be disregarded. I made this comment after swimming in XL sweatshirts for years (I apparently thought that was a normal fit). I would say this Medium fits my normally Large upper perfectly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Boyfriend loves it, August 11, 2012
My boyfriend has a few of these types of sweatshirts with the stitched triangle at the neck from American Eagle. Since I have banned him from continuing to shop there (he isn't 16 anymore) he has been on the hunt for no logo sweatshirts like these. I love that there are tons of colors available, what I don't love is how the seller does not provide a size chart. Luckily, there are some lovely reviewers who gave me a heads up about these running large, and I bought my boyfriend a size large as opposed to his normal XL he wears. He tried it on and it fits great. It's summer time so he won't be wearing it regularly for another month or two, but I know he is looking forward to getting more in different colors.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Comfortable, February 7, 2013
I'm 6'3" 185 and I got the large because the reviews said the sizes ran big. Thank you for that, because the large fits perfectly. It is a very comfortable sweatshirt - though a little on the light side at 8oz. Perfect for tooling around the house in the winter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Big comfy heavy sweatshirt, November 12, 2011
M. Wolf (New York, NY) - See all my reviews
Made large to snuggle into. Very soft on the inside. Nice solid color. I like it a lot, especially for cheapies.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Shirt. Will look nice out with a good outfit to go with it., January 16, 2012
This review is from: Russell Athletic Men's Dri Power Fleece Crewneck Sweatshirt (Apparel)
The shirt is very comfy. I read the reviews and, being a 6 foot man with a slim 155 pound physique, decided to get a small when I usually wear a medium. This was a great decision, a medium would have undoubtedly been too large. I purchased the gray sweater because it looked slimmer than the others did. I did get a bit fooled though. The body part of the shirt looks just like the picture suggests but the sleeves are nowhere as thin. They're just as baggy as the maroon colored one looks in the picture. Although, this didn't make much of a difference to me. The shirt still looks good with a pair of jeans and is very comfortable. A great shirt to wear around the house. I've also washed it and it didn't shrink and it feels just as comfortable as before. Hope this review helps! Thanks for listening!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice sizing, December 28, 2012
Top is a nice size, not bulky. I'm 6 ft and 198 lbs. I lift weights regularly so have some muscle. This fits nicely without the extra bulk of fabric. I ordered a large if that helps anyone in terms of ordering. Seems warm as well even without the bulk although to date it hasn't been extremely cold yet.

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfy Quality, November 13, 2012
Johnny Typhoon (Phoenix, AZ United States) - See all my reviews
Good quality made sweatshirt.
The inside is very soft.
Size wise, it runs a little big.
It's not quite as heavy as I hoped, but seems warm enough.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible, January 29, 2013
The fleece sweater, after only 2 washings is already shedding and pilling. Not happy with this product at all. Will never buy this brand again.

1.0 out of 5 stars i am not happy at all, January 11, 2015
too big , i ordered small size and still HUGE , i am not happy at all , i will donate this.

Russell Athletic Men's Dri Power Fleece Crewneck Sweatshirt