Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Russell Athletic Men's Basic Tank Top Top
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on July 19, 2011
this russell shirt is advertised as 100% cotton and is in fact 53% polyester and 47% cotton. if you like to work out in a plastic shirt you will be very happy. if, however, you need a 100% cotton shirt, do not buy.
on November 11, 2008
I purchased four of these tops to replace previous Russell tank tops. They are NOT the same, thinner material. cheaper material not as soft more synthetic. The collar comes up higher and the sleeve openings are smaller because the staps are wider. Normally my Russell (age) get softer and more pliable. These don't. To sum it up (outsourcing) these feel like the Chinese new and improved version. Go with a different brand.
44 comments|84 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 7, 2015
I got one of these at the same time that I bought a Champion Men's Muscle Tee (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AKR3M9Y/ref=cm_cr_ryp_prd_ttl_sol_0) and I am much happier with this Russell Athletic Tank than I am with the Champion Muscle Tee which was too short. This thing was perfect for me before I washed it, as it instantly made me look ten pounds lighter because of the pre-washed length of it made my torso look long and sleek. After washing it shrank some in the length and didn't look quite so perfect, but still very good. I don't know that it is radically longer in length than the Champion Muscle Tee, maybe only an inch longer or so, but the fact that this is a tank and not a sleeveless means less length is required. I will attempt to illustrate this point with a photo here. A sleeveless shirt like the Champion Muscle Tee (not pictured) rests all the way across the shoulders, when arms are raised, this means the shirt is resting on parts of my shoulders that raise up considerably with my arms, thus raising the shirt considerably, thus exposing my belly button (which might be okay if I had six-pack abs to show off, but regrettably that is not the case). A true tank like this Russell Athletic Tank Top rests on the shoulders closer to the neck, a part of the body that moves relatively little when raising arms. In my photo here is the Russell Tank Top. Not too short for a 6'3" guy. Doesn't lift way up when I raise my arms, like the Champion Muscle Tee does. I wouldn't mind if the material was a little thicker, but I've seen thinner, and I think this material seems like good quality for a $8 shirt. I like that this thing is big enough for my chest without being way too wide for my waist. I ordered the XL.
review image
on December 17, 2012
The shirts shrink significantly. The white shirt is too small now and the other colors are borderline. Substandard for Russell!
VINE VOICEon October 5, 2006
These are great shirts -- they fit well and are comfortable.

I've worn and washed the shirts about twice a week for nearly 9 months now and the durability is pretty good -- not much deformation and the fabric doesn't pill up.

Nice product for a good price.
on November 30, 2011
The style was just right for my husband's workout wear, but the fabric is too lightweight. You can see through it.
on June 11, 2013
OK so I bought 3 of these tanks:

1st one: It was a grey one. I bought a Medium and it looked GREAT. It was a little too big on me so I was like why not buy a second one?

2nd one: I bought a white one. WTH?! Is this made out of paper?? The material was complete crap, nowhere close to the first grey tank.

3rd one: I stupidly forgot I bought the 2nd one and gave them another try. This time it was a blue one, HORRENDOUS MATERIAL.

Bottom line: Buy the grey color one, it's actually uses clothing material.
on April 13, 2016
After buying the cheapy Walmart and other stores baggy ill fitting tanks, I bought one of these. It is not one of those skin tight body shirts for muscle builders, but it is designed for those of us that are not obese. It hangs on me without losing its shape. I ordered two more and will get more as the Summer gets here. It is really hard to find tanks that are good quality and fitted properly. True most of America is obese, but many of us are semi-fit - not body builders, but not obese either. This tank fills our need.
on March 19, 2016
Fits good. A little tight across the chest, but I wanted that. Lol. Material is somewhat thin, but I expected that too. The thin-ness actually helps the fit in my opinion. Doesn't make me feel hot, breathes well. I have a picture of the white I got, but I also bought a black one. I saw a comment about great for guys with broad shoulders and a tapered waist. I want to fully re-endorse that. I've started toning, and it's starting to look better on me. I recommend it!
review image
on October 6, 2012
GREAT FIT BUT THE PROBLEM THIS SHIRT DEVELOPED HOLES AFTER JUST TWO WASHINGS NEED MORE DURABILITY GREAT PRICE IF IT LASTED LONGER