5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Kung Fu
I wear these pants 4 times a week to Kung Fu class. I give them quite a workout, and they still look and feel new. They are comfortable and just the right thickness for my liking. They are loose enough for me to have full movements and yet tight enough to not get in my way when twisting or jumping.
Published on December 28, 2007 by Benjamin Johnson

3.0 out of 5 stars Comfy
Published on April 22, 2009 by D. C. Wright

3.0 out of 5 stars Comfy, April 22, 2009
I like these type of pants because I have a very short inseam and with the ankle elastic (which is NOT constricting in any way) I don't have to worry about how long they'll be. I found the sizing to run large, so in the future I will order one size smaller. I previously bought Champion brand and they are a thicker material and seem a little more substancial. The Russell brand are of a thinner jersey knit which is better suited to summer wear. I wear this type of pant year around for the comfort. They are roomy, have side pockets and elastic at the waist and ankles, and look neat if you have to run an errand or go to the doctor's office.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Kung Fu, December 28, 2007

4.0 out of 5 stars TSS, April 6, 2008
The vendor was excellent and the product was what I ordered. These are light-weight sweat pants - excellent for sleeping attire or yard work in a 50 to 70 degree environment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, May 10, 2010
This review is from: Russell Athletic Men's Athletic Closed Bottom Pant (Apparel)
These are not too "sheer" as one person put it. They are lightweight and very comfortable. They are advertised as mens but women can wear them too. I buy them because the elastic in the legs keeps you from walking on them which is a plus for short people like myself. :) Also, womens tend to not have pockets, so I buy mens (which almost always have pockets) instead. I also buy them for male relatives and they love them too. No downside to these. If you want something for winter, outdoor activities you may want to go with something a little thicker. Otherwise,these are perfect for just about everything. I especially love them for "around the house" wear.

5.0 out of 5 stars 100% cotton athletic pants, December 18, 2007
Gene Van Horn (eastern Tennessee) - See all my reviews
The polyester athletic pants that I have tried were too hot for my use. The 100% cotton Russell athletic pants are just right. They give me a little warmth when I need something on my legs while exercising, but I do not become overheated.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sweats, January 24, 2008
I am partial to the elastic on the legs. These are thin and light sweatpants. Very comfortable. The only downside to these is the tag. It is stiff and a little scratchy. Other than that, I like these!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not the same as before, January 18, 2010
T. Molessa "Organic Nut" (East Stroudsburg, PA United States) - See all my reviews
<Update 3/24/2013>
I stayed away from buying these for a while and decided to try them again. However they have not improved on quality since my initial review.
<end of Update>

I used to buy these all the time (Medium size) and never had a problem with them. They used to be well fitting and very airy feeling so you don't sweat too much.

The latest edition is very wide and stretchy....the same medium size has way too wide of an elastic waistband. The elastic isn't very clingy and appears to be very overstretched to start out with. And the legs are very wide and also the pant length is longer than usual. The elastic bottoms are very wide and don't cling to your leg, which defeats the purpose of it being elastic in the first place. Additionally, the pockets are about 33% smaller than previous versions.

All in all, this was a very disappointing version of an otherwise great product. I hope Russell goes back to the drawing board on this one...

5.0 out of 5 stars Russell Pants, July 3, 2007
Darby McPhael "O'Sea" (Midwest City, Oklahoma United States) - See all my reviews
A good quality, long lasting, easy to care for pair of cool cotton pants. My last set of six pairs lasted over three years.

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality of this item is changing., June 2, 2011
Alvin English (Southfield, Mi. United States) - See all my reviews
The pant material is JERSEY not FLEECE. Order the fleece sweat pants, if you want something heavy to keep warm outdoors in cold climates. Order these jersey pants, if you want a light workout pant that allows maximum freedom of movement with some ability to wick the perspiration from your skin. I wear these while exercising at the health club. The texture of the fabric is difficult to describe. It is the weight of a heavy t-shirt cotton, but with a hard finish for durability. These pants are better at keeping one dry during an intense workout then the old fashion heavy weight fleece sweat pants.

I have ordered these pants from Amazon on three separate occasions. Yes the pants are a little large, but they are suppose to be for freedom of movement.

May 2013 UPDATE:
Rating on this order * * *

The quality of the materials in my latest order of this item has changed. The elastic waist band is constructed of thinner/flimsy material and the pant material seems slightly thinner. I am hoping this is a one time problem, because this is/was a nice product. I can tell the pants in this order will not last long. The pant in this current order barely deserve 3 stars.

1.0 out of 5 stars sweat pants, December 7, 2010
i ordered 3-4 pair of sweat pants that day. one pair had a rip in it.
another pair, one leg was longer than the other one. i din't send them
back, but i should have. it's such a crazy time of year, i had them for
while before i opened the package & tried them on. i will never order
them again, especially, Russell's