Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Russell Athletic Men's Dri-power Core Short
Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on April 12, 2013
When I ordered this, I was expecting it to be all black, except the logo part but it did come with a white, small, stripe on both sides. The description does say Black/White on it, guess I missed that, no biggie, it works well any how. There is only one picture available to see what it looks like. As I type this review on a "special page" via Amazon for several past purchased items to review, I see a different view and angle of these shorts, which the white stripe. I'd copy this picture and upload it to Amazon but that feature doesn't seem to be available.

I have some older versions of these shorts, the older ones where you tie the string into a knot at waist line are open ended, like a shoe string. These new ones are closed loop design, no worries about the string sliding inside the material and having to fish it out after laundry.
on August 27, 2013
I'm sure these shorts are for recreational sports; however I found these shorts to be perfect for lounging around the house also. The fit is snug and don't droop. I have a 32 waist and the medium fits great. The shorts also have pockets which are great!
on March 27, 2014
I have been wearing Russell Dri-Power shorts to work out for 10 years. Great fit. Wicks away sweat and durable. The elastic will give but after 5 years, its great quality as well. Then they become knock around shorts for the yard and on the deck.
on July 1, 2015
The first pair of black ones i wore seems to be unraveling in the seams, It is the only pair of the four I have purchased,but it is disappointing, Seems like small white threads are broken and shedding from the seams.This is very disappointing because Russell has always been an excellent product for me.
on December 17, 2013
See my other reviews! I ordered 4 different brands initially and returned them all.
Reason:
I ordered too small of a size and or
They didn't look good on or feel good either.
As they were only somewhat small it was easy to see that he did not like them.
comfort - sports shorts are about comfort. Of course he wears them everyday, all day, even in the winter. burr....
on August 22, 2015
These shorts definitely keep me dry while I am exercising. I have switched to purchasing men's athletic clothes because they fit me better than what I can find for plus size women and it costs much less! I should have gotten it one size larger, but it is okay for what I use it for. Definitely getting another one, but one size larger. Very comfortable and I love the pockets. A lot of times the women's shorts don't come with deep pockets.Russell Athletic Men's Dri-Power Core Short, Texas Orange/White, XX-Large
on June 19, 2014
As the picture shows above, you would think the shorts were all black, BUT the two pairs I recieved were black with white stripes on the sides. The quality of the shorts are great and the delivery was great as well, but due to my personal preference, I wanted the ALL black shorts that I thought I was ordering.
on December 15, 2013
I like these for running any distance from a few miles to about 20. I like the slightly loose fit which is more comfortable to me than tight fitting shorts. Also like that they are not super short. Pockets are really convenient for holding things when needed.
on September 6, 2015
Excellent pair of shorts! I play drums regularly and practice with my bands in a small rehearsal room with no windows, 3-5 tube guitar amps and guitarists, and a PA heating up the room, which means I sweat a lot. With a t-shirt on, a fan aimed at me and these shorts, I feel about 20% cooler than when I wear pants.

Air circulation through these shorts is very good. Whatever "Dri-power" moisture wicking technology is, it seems to work.

They look "jock" but that's what they are. lol
on July 11, 2015
Quality check was inconsistent. Someone didn't do thier job. The navy I ordered fit as completely expected, while the royal color was the exact same size but was noticeably smaller. The leg openings are tighter. Also, the drawstring is significiantly shorter. Both Navy and Royal Blue were the exact same size. The navy color felt roomier. Disappointed.