5.0 out of 5 stars Tea Pot is wonderful
My daughter gave me one of these last April, I use it every day, don't find glass tea pot fragile, I've bumped it several times, love it, use it daily, if not for tea, then just to boil water for my coffee press. I'm ordering one now for a gift.
Published on May 8, 2011 by Sherry

Published 16 months ago by Mo

5.0 out of 5 stars Tea Pot is wonderful, May 8, 2011
This review is from: Russell Hobbs RHTT9W 1.7-Liter Electric Kettle with Keep Warm Tea Tray and 1-1/2-Liter Glass Tea Pot (Kitchen)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great choice for Persian /Turkish black tea drinkers, January 2, 2013
We are Persian/Turk people which means our family drinks tea almost all the time!!!!!!!! We had one of these but it was getting really old and starting to break so I decided to get an other one. It's great for its price and sadly it seems like it's the only tea maker on the stores that suites what we need. So I guess my complain is I wish there were more designs and brands available with same functionality. Any other tea maker that I found was so complicated and suited for various teas as if this one is simple and practical for black tea drinkers... :)

5.0 out of 5 stars The BEST tea kettle, February 9, 2013
This product is outstanding!

The water heater is easily removable for filling and pouring. It is stainless on the inside allowing you to heat not only water but anything you want. The kettle and strainer are good quality as well. The strainer mesh is very fine and will not let any leaves through into the tea. The kettle itself is fairly sturdy as far as glass goes.

The hot plate is also a very good product since it allows the tea to remain hot while waiting for it to brew.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it and just bought a spare unit to keep on hand, February 25, 2011
Used an older model of this for years, totally loved the fast boiling kettle and the warmer plate feature. When the kettle stopped working (some electrical issue), I bought this version which was the current model. Then realized I didn't ever want to wait again for a unit to arrive, so bought an extra one today just so I can store it and have it available if and when this one breaks. It strikes me that this is so useful, but most people aren't even aware of warming plate options, and it would make a great wedding or house-warming present for somebody who was starting out.

Side note ... I've had two Russell Hobbs stainless steel electric kettles over the past 35 years and can't part with the last one even though the handle has broken slightly, so keep it on hand for emergencies --- such as awaiting shipment as referenced above :) Overall, Russell Hobbs is a fantastic company and I'm a huge fan of their tea kettles.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great tray!, December 3, 2010
I am giving 4 stars only because the glass pot is very fragile and you have to be really careful not to touch it too hard. I was taking the filter out and hit the side slightly making a big hole on the side. Now, I am ordering a new pot from the producer which is half the price of the set. Otherwise, I am really happy with this set.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Product - Great Gift, April 14, 2011
I have bought this for our home, and 5 other family members and friends, every body including myself loves it and I keep buying it for more friends who I figure out they are tea lovers and like to have an easy and comfortable tea maker.
There is only one problem that you need to be very careful with the glass pot because if you brake it there is no spare to buy!

1.0 out of 5 stars Russell Hobbs RHTT9W 1.7-Liter Electric Kettle with Keep Warm Tea Tray, August 4, 2013
This is a worst quality ever. May be I got a melon but in exactly 28 days after I received this item, the Warmer Tray went out on me and stopped working. Please not that I am not a heavy user either and it was only used may be 7 or 8 times during this 28 days that I had this item. I tried to get this exchange through Amazon but the return policy said it can not be returned. BAD, BAD, BAD product and return policy for this item. I would not recommend it at all.

Update: I have tried calling and even sent a letter to Manufacture about defected item, but no respond. Basically I lost my money. Thanks Amazon for not backing me up to get a refund.

2.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Idea, Poor Execution, June 27, 2013
This was such a great idea to have an electric kettle that is over a liter and a warming pot (also over a liter) to keep your tea warm. The electric kettle heats the water quickly and automatically shuts off when it is done as to not overboil. So far so good, but this set has some problems and is the first Amazon purchase since I started using the site in 2005, that I will be returning.

First off, the kettle is a bit smelly. I boiled water twice, just to clean it, but it still smelled. I might have received a faulty unit, but after the second boiling, the kettle leaked water out the bottom and through the area where the switch is. The cord is too short. Another 2 inches would have been better.

Even for only $40, this set was not worth it. I will just have to wait until I can find something like this (preferably in stainless steel) that is better quality, and something that has a temperature reading on it.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is great!, January 6, 2013
Cynthia J. Folsom (Topsham, Maine United States) - See all my reviews
I previously had an electric teakettle that had to be plugged and unplugged in order to move it to be filled. I knew I wanted one like this that can just be lifted off the electrical connection, but I am especially happy with the warming unit that keeps my tea hot while it steeps! It comes with a tea steeper for loose tea, as well as just using bags. It will even warm tea up if I leave some cold in the pot. And it is a very good quality; very well made. I am quite happy with this.

1.0 out of 5 stars bad, December 18, 2012
brand new item... not working, very disappointed i was so happy to buy this and when i opened and check it not working