5.0 out of 5 stars The Best of the Best
Published on December 6, 1999 by Tanya Tolstoy

3.0 out of 5 stars If the quality were better ...
I would have given this set a higher rating. These cards are easy to use and perfect for a beginner, who wants to start reading cards. It does not take much practice to use them, as it would with Tarot or rune stones, for example. I received this set as a gift and I love them, since the cards are beautifully designed.

The biggest drawback is the quality of the...
Published on February 18, 2006 by Giasa

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best of the Best, December 6, 1999
This review is from: Russian Gypsy Fortune Telling Cards (Hardcover)
I have "read" cards for myself, and for others professionally for many years. In this pursuit, I have used a variety of cards. However, I found that this deck, and the method described in the accompanying book was the best I have ever encountered. It allows for multiple permutations and combinations..and the accuracy rate is incredible..Would highly recommend..
Additionally, the art work is incredibly beautiful as well..and Touchkoff's down to earth use of Russian Proverbs is charming and realistic.
Tatiana Petefish

5.0 out of 5 stars An easy to use, accurate system for telling your fortune, January 14, 1998
This review is from: Russian Gypsy Fortune Telling Cards (Hardcover)
I have used the Russian Gypsy Fortune telling cards off and on for several years. It is accurate and easy to use -- there is nothing to memorize, this system is straight forward. They are beautiful, artistic cards with 1/2 pictures on them. You lay out the cards and see if you have any "joined" pictures. Then you look up the meaning in the book.
The book and the meaning of the cards are written in a down to earth style, It is also spiced with Russian folk sayings such as "Love isn't like a potato, you can't throw it out the window".

If you are looking for something that is a bit exotic, but easy to use and follow, order this. You won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars New cards are very 'flimsy', January 29, 2004
This review is from: Russian Gypsy Fortune Telling Cards (Hardcover)
I originally bought this set in 1996, they are fantastic colourful picture cards with a really good detailed description as to the meaning of each.
Due to 'overuse' they were a bit tired so I ordered a new set, unfortunately the quality of the new cards is much lower than they were. The new cards are extremely thin and flimsy and are easily bent, they certainly will not stand the test of time for usage. This is a shame.

5.0 out of 5 stars THERE'S NO GUESSING GAMES. EASY AND ACCURATE. AMAZING!!!!!, October 1, 1999
This review is from: Russian Gypsy Fortune Telling Cards (Hardcover)
I have been using gypsy for years. When I speak of her to friends everyone thinks she is a person. My friends and I agree "Gypsy is on!" If you have a question, she'll answer it. If you don't have a question and are just curious as to what might happen that day, don't worry, she'll tell you. Gypsy is bright and colorful with her various picture combinations. She'll amaze you and your friends alike with her uncany accuracy. You don't even have to be "psychically inclined" to use her. THE NUMBER ONE FORTUNE TELLING SYSTEM I EVER USED!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful and Fun, January 12, 2002
This review is from: Russian Gypsy Fortune Telling Cards (Hardcover)
I'm new to tarot and oracle cards and thought I'd try these out. I read the great reviews at Amazon and thought I can't go wrong. I've now done several readings for myself and they've all been right on target. I have to say that these cards are very intuitive. I don't know how it works and I really don't care. All I know is that I believe what they say. Too many things have come up for me and it isn't coincidence. The book is wonderful, a hardcover, very sturdy and extremely well made. I'm quite impressed with it. The cards could stand to be made of a sturdier material. They are near paper thin and I was hoping they would be along the weight of tarot cards. The set comes in a nice sturdy box that the book slides into from one opening along with the cards. They each have their own slot. Very nice set. Even with the flimsy cards it's still worth it to buy this set. Very different from any tarot or oracle cards. Different explainations in the book as they are based on Russian and English beliefs. You won't be unhappy with this set.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous!, January 1, 1998
This review is from: Russian Gypsy Fortune Telling Cards (Hardcover)
Don't let the name turn you off..these cards are wonderful. I picked up a deck of these unique cards for my boyfriend a few months ago, and had to get my own set. They are square cards-each edge holds half of a beautifully done picture. Follow the instructions for laying the cards out, and see what pictures form. Then consult the well-written book, read the entry for those pictures in those specific positions and oila! You have your just done your own card reading. Very accurate. I read Tarot and Medicine Cards as well..this was a nice break from those. Easy to learn and read..these are great for anyone having trouble, frustrated, or just looking for a break from Tarot. I can't say enough..they are enchanting, gorgeous cards, and they work wonderfully!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, Accurate & Insightful Tool, December 31, 2003
This review is from: Russian Gypsy Fortune Telling Cards (Hardcover)
I use a lot of different tools for divination and each has its own strengths and angles in terms of what kind of insights it offers, but I have found these cards to be very easy to use, fun, accurate and insightful.
While I love I Ching and Tarot - and have been using them for years, together with prophetic dreaming, shamanic journeying and lot of other methods for accessing one's inner wisdom - these cards can be effectively used even by people who have never used any divination tools before.
Those who have extensive background with other tools may find these cards to add a variety and a new slant - with a touch of Eastern European wisdom and a few humorous metaphors / proverbs as in "love is not a potato, you can't just throw it out the window!".

5.0 out of 5 stars life changing and amazing cards, December 13, 2000
This review is from: Russian Gypsy Fortune Telling Cards (Hardcover)
These cards are brilliant and can forsee things in my life I would never belive , yet always happen to me. I have had them for years and they never steere me wrong. I'd recommend them to anyone who'd like some guidance.

5.0 out of 5 stars The cards are brillant for experts and beginners alike, January 5, 1999
This review is from: Russian Gypsy Fortune Telling Cards (Hardcover)
For the last three months I've been working with these cards, and did readings for a lot of my friends aswell as myself. They are not only easy to use and accurate, they are very beautiful and it is a pleasure to find the matching pictures. We have had some great times reading the cards, although I had contstantly to translate them into German. Since there are four positions with different meanings, I still find new aspects. Great fun, but be aware that it takes about half an hour for one reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars Colorful and compelling, March 5, 2000
This review is from: Russian Gypsy Fortune Telling Cards (Hardcover)
In the past several months that I have been using the Gypsy cards, I have found them to be intriguing and inviting. They are quite specific and have provided insightful guidance for myself and my friends. Osho Zen Tarot is the other card divination source I use and I find Gypsy comparable although totally different from Tarot. They are a welcome addition to my divination family.

Russian Gypsy Fortune Telling Cards
Russian Gypsy Fortune Telling Cards by Svetlana Alexandrovna Touchkoff (Hardcover - December 20, 1991)
$35.00 $24.60