Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon Sixx AM Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback

Color Name: Satin Canyon Black|Change

on January 23, 2016
If you have never used spray paint on cabinets, you might want to try it!!! I have a cheap little condo I am trying to sell, and the cabinets needed an update. I redid the cabinets in my house using a roller and a really expensive cabinet paint, but I did not want to put that kind of time or money into these. So, I ordered the Espresso Satin (for some reason, it is hard to find in the stores). I used 3 and a half cans, and have half a can for any needed touch ups. It went on very easily - only one coat, for the most part! Yes, I had to tape off a lot of the area, and I got some on the counter tops and wall - but just a little touch up painting and some Goof Off took care of it! The difference is so dramatic! With the pain, new door pulls, and a peel and stick back splash, it is a whole new kitchen! The paint went on smoothly, no mess, very little drip, and the coverage was excellent! If you do see drips, just take a paper towel and lightly wipe it away. Wait about 15 seconds, then lightly spray again...takes care of it! If you want to redo your cabinets, I would definitely go this route! SO much easier that rolling them - just a little more clean up in the end. Dries quickly, and so far, no nicks or scratches! LOVE IT!
review image review image review image
on October 29, 2013
Wish I could give it a negative rating. Paint comes out with a dry overspray and droplets. I used 6 cans on a project that should have required no more than 2. Surface was blotchy and had to repaint with another product. I contacted Rustoleum and was told that I likely didn't know how to use a spray can. I've been painting with spray for over 50 years and never had problems like this.
VINE VOICEon May 2, 2012
I've been painting for over 40 years and expected a lot more from Rust-Oleum. This paint is supposed to cover twice as well as any other paint, it doesn't. I put it on so that there were no dry spots and sprayed both directions and it still comes out uneven. Let's just say that over the years I've probably used up at least a 1000 cans of spray paint and this Rust-Oleum 2X is very disappointing. I was hoping to get by with one coat but it will definitely take 2 coats, so what is the point of having a paint that is supposed to provide double coverage when it does not! It's not a bad spray paint just nowhere as good as Rust-Oleum makes it out to be. I wrote the company and they said they have reformulated the paint for better coverage and redesigned the spray nozzle. Great, so they knew they had a substandard product and sold it anyway or they have gotten so many complaints (like mine) that they either had to take it off the market or fix what was wrong with it. Regardless, I ended up with a mediocre paint product from a company that I trusted to be of their word.

I had 2 cans of this stuff left so decided to give it one more try. If I could rate this spray paint a minus I would. One of the worst, if not the worst spray paint I have every used. I sprayed a set of closet doors that had shutter. It took 3+ coats to cover it evenly. The doors were white already but I even presprayed those areas that I sanded through to help insure coverage. That only slightly helped. This Rust-Oleum 2X would be a waste of time even if you got it for free. What is really odd though is that I also have Rust-Oleum Painters Touch regular spray paint and it works great!
on April 21, 2012
This is pretty good paint in every area you look.
The spray pattern comes out evenly and clean
The color is consistent and matches the cap.
The aerosol kept up with the paint...meaning i emptied the can before the pressure stopped...not always a given with spray paint, trust me.
(This review is for two cans of Satin Espresso).

My one complaint has nothing to do with the actual product (so i stand by my 5 stars) but with Amazon's pricing. I simply do not get it.
I bought two cans of this stuff for $4.79 each. I went back 5 days later to buy two more - they went up to $7.33 each.
Again...i don't get it.
And i know if i wait a couple more days, it will change again...hopefully lower.
44 comments|6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 1, 2011
The Satin espresso color came out much better than I anticipated. One can of this can get a lot of sq. foot coverage. Very satisfied with this product.
on June 26, 2013
I wanted to refinish some cabinet doors, so I wanted a good appearance and chose the semigloss to hide some of the defects that would show up with high gloss. Multiple problems, first the spray tip nozzle on this only gives a fan of 1 or 2 inches, how is anybody going to get a nice even coverage with that over a large piece of furniture. The spray tips on the Krylon or Ace Hardware spray paints provide a much better spray pattern, the problem there was Krylon and Ace didn't have an offwhite color in a semigloss for me to use. Second, for the Krylon paint the fastest evaporating solvent listed on the can was mineral spirits, which will allow a nicer spray coverage. The Rustoleum paint uses Acetone and Xylene (BTW xylene is a known carcinogen), which evaporate much faster, so you end up with getting dry spray in areas. Had to spray some of the larger pieces 3 and 4 times and even then the appearance wasn't great. If you want something to dry super fast or you want a mix of gloss, semi gloss and satin all on the same part, plus a bit of mudcracking, you can get it with the dry spray from this product. It should be renamed Dry Touch or something else, as I doubt any real painters looking to do quality work would ever use this. I won't use it again, and FWIW I have worked for 30 years in the paint industry formulating coatings.
on January 19, 2012
This paint was great. The color was exactly like the cap and it covered my whicker in a single coat. Also, the fumes weren't too bad.
on August 16, 2015
Arrived in great condition.. painted a hypertufa Japanese lantern I made.... looks wonderful. So easy to use. Will see how long this holds up in our rainy, hot southwest Florida weather. Nice to just need to wipe off nozzle when done to store. For those who don't know what hypertufa is .. a cement mix of portland cement, peat moss, vermiculite, perlite.
review image review image
on January 11, 2016
I have been using this spray paint in the same color (Blossom) for years and never had an issue at all. I have used this on furniture, to décor items, resin, metal, wicker etc. I always sand and use a good primer (Kilz) before spraying the finish coats. It is vital to prep whatever you are painting properly. I usually shake the can for about three minutes....I do see what other reviews are saying about the dryness....I had this happen to me one time and briefly...I found that stopped when I shook the can longer (3) min opposed to what the can requests. I also always use a satin Poly which protects the paint and really brings out a beautiful finished product. I also never use any spray paint down to the end as it will start to sputter and leave larger spray marks. As buyers we have no idea how long these cans have been laying around and in what conditions. I always shake cans for 3 min and every time I use it between coats. I also always keep my paint inside the house so it is always at room temperature. After spraying I turn the can upside down and spray so that it clears the spray channel and wipe the nozzle...in doing all of this I have a gorgeous finished product every time! I LOVE this product and this color is just beautiful...Blossom is a soft white opposed to being a harsh stark white.
on June 17, 2014
Wish I had researched before buying and applying! I have used Rustoleum products over the years with great success until now.

MAKE NO MISTAKE THIS PRODUCT IS GARBAGE

I spend 3 hours prepping 4 patio chairs and building a spray booth in the basement, only to have this crappy paint ruin the first two! And I am not happy. Like everyone else reports, you can expect a blotchy, runny final product that leaves inconsistent thickness. Also the pigments separated leaving dark brown runny spots on the chairs.

Ruined.

Now I, like the others, need to rub them down with steel wool and start over with a product that's not complete junk. At least I didn't do all four.

If you MUST buy this do yourself a huge favor and throw the cans in the trash as soon as they arrive. That lesson will be much cheaper than actually using it and having it ruin yur project.

-5 stars