|Item Weight||16.4 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||15.5 x 15.2 x 11.5 inches|
|Item model number||258284|
|Size||50 Square Feet|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $17.82 shipping
+ Free Shipping
Rust-Oleum Countertop Transformations Kit, Onyx
|Price:||$235.00 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$15.00 (6%)|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Transforms old laminate countertops into the look of natural stone
- Covers up to 50 square feet or 20 linear feet
- Easy to use with no special skills required--complete step-by-step instructions included
- Reinforced with HomeShield antimicrobial protection
- Durable surface that will last for years
- Item is HAZMAT, Non-returnable
|Special Shipping Information: This product may not be available for 1 or 2 day shipping due to federal regulations that require it to ship via ground ship methods only. This product can only be shipped within the 48 contiguous states.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Antimicrobial protection ensures your new surface will last for years (Onyx shown). View larger.
Transform your old countertop into a durable new surface that looks like natural stone (Onyx shown). View larger.
The Rust-Oleum Countertop Transformations do-it-yourself system makes it easy to turn worn, damaged, and outdated countertops into durable, new counter surfaces that look like natural stone. This multi-layer system creates a stain- and water-resistant surface that will withstand years of daily wear and tear.
The kit covers up to 50 square feet or 20 linear feet of surface, and can be used on laminate, and wood and metal trim.
Protection from Microbes with HomeShield
The durable surface is reinforced with HomeShield, which provides certified protection against microbes that can grow on countertops. By inhibiting the growth of mold, mildew, and other odor- and stain-causing microbes, your new countertop will last longer. Clean the surface regularly with mild soap.
Easy to Install
The Countertop Transformations Kit allows you to have a new countertop in five easy steps. Clean and sand the surface, apply the adhesive base coat, spread the decorative color chips, sand and smooth the chips, and apply the protective top coat. Once the top coat is applied, let the surface dry for 48 hours before resuming light use, and 7 days before resuming normal use.
The included step-by-step instructions and an instructional DVD make the project even easier. A dedicated product support line is also available if further assistance is needed.
Guaranteed 100 Percent from Rust-Oleum
The Countertop Transformations Kit is backed up by a 100 percent satisfaction guarantee--if you are dissatisfied with the product, call the product support line for a full refund.
What's in the Box
Adhesive base coat, wetting agent, protective top coat, decorative color chips, diamond-embedded sanding tool, sanding block, decorative chip dispenser, decorative chip scraper, texture sample, stir sticks, instructions, and instructional DVD.
From the Manufacturer
Top Customer Reviews
Our only deviation from the instructions was that I used a 5" orbital sander with 60-grit sandpaper to rough up our old counters - this saved a ton of time. Other than that, I can't stress enough that you MUST follow the instructions to the letter if you want a good result. This is a project for Type A, meticulous people. :)
My observations after doing this project:
- I agree with previous reviewers who noted that they short you on adhesive base coat but give you WAY more chips than you'll need. You can dump half the chips on the floor (and you will, as you apply with the spreader) and still have plenty. I don't think the 50 sqft kit would have provided enough base for our 39 sqft of counters.
- The adhesive base coat dries quickly - if your counters are broken into multiple sections, do each one separately - first section base coat, apply chips; next section base coat, apply chips - etc.
- The wood trim on our counters had a beveled/ridged edge.Read more ›
This product was easy to use, did exactly what it was supposed to, and beautifully covered up my 70's fake butcher block laminate. I followed the directions exactly, and had absolutely no problems achieving a great look in 2 1/2 days. Now, some helpful hints:
1. If you REALLY WANT granite or stone, DON'T buy this. You will never be happy with it, because deep down, you want something else. It's not stone. It looks like a very nice, shiny laminate, minus the seams on the edges, and I think it's easier than replacing laminate tops, and slightly cheaper.
2. The Desert Sand color is awesome. The Onyx color is apparently awful. Take a look at the satisfied customers and see which color they used. Now look at the Onyx reviews (see "road tar"). Basically, single color is a bad idea with this product. Also, if possible, try to stay within the same color scheme as your current tops. This will help with base coat coverage issues (obviously you can't do this if you have some awful green or pink laminate top). I went from fake wood to Desert Sand (similar in color), and it covered very easily.
3. You need two people for adhesive/chip application. Seriously.
4. If you're doing this in winter, as I did, the air in your house is dry. Use a humidifier to raise the humidity in the kitchen a day or two before applying the adhesive. This will give you more working time.
5. SEAMS: there's just one short blurb in the video about this, so I had to call Rustoleum for advice. I have a U-shaped kitchen with two mitre joints in the counter.Read more ›
I'm pleased with the overall appearance after completed but would reinforce what others have said -> use lots of base coat and have extra on hand if at all possible.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
When I heard a colleague talk about this product, I thought I had to give it a try. The results are amazing! Read morePublished 1 day ago by Mrs. Josephine M. Roed
Turned out great for our old old counters! The counter now looks like an expensive granite counter top (even matched the counter top sample we were going to buy).Published 6 days ago by Amazon Customer
Product does the job. Very messy but does what it promises.Published 19 days ago by Victor A. Grant, Jr.
Read the directions and don't over sand, but it came out real nice. The main reason the folks rented our house according to them. 2-1/2 years later it had very little wear. Read morePublished 21 days ago by FS Mason
If you follow the directions it works. I did the counters and finished the night before a weeks vacation. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Kelly
My landlady is a lover of Pinterest so our house is full of projects she has done. This stuff doesn't last!! Read morePublished 1 month ago by shoeloverinmontana
This is the second time I have used this product and I love it. Plan to get another set in a different color for my bathroom.Published 1 month ago by D Boucher
Takes two people to apply - I'm in australia so it dried extra fast!
We stuffed up a little bit and had to call Rust-Oleum Australia for help. Read more
Outstanding product. I redid my countertops when the wife and kids were out of town. The result was near perfect. The only issues I had with the finish were self inflicted. Read morePublished 2 months ago by BeeKeep