5.0 out of 5 stars Works on boats
Published 19 months ago by Scott C.

1.0 out of 5 stars Did not function
Did not function on arrival. Checked battery voltage after changing battery. No go. Returned unit. I would like to have the device as I have need for it.
Published 15 days ago by Michael

5.0 out of 5 stars Works on boats, January 17, 2013
Scott C. (Lexington MA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ryobi Pinless Moisture Meter (Misc.)
I hired a professional marine surveyor to survey my boat over the weekend and I followed the him around with this Ryobi moisture while he used his professional GRP-33 meter which cost much much more. The goal of this is to try to areas of wood core inside the fiberglass that are wet. The Ryobi unit worked pretty well. Dry areas measured low on both units and wet areas on the cockpit floor which had some water intrusion tested high on both units. He used a phenolic hammer along with the moisture meter when making his assessments. The Ryobi unit has two wood settings, hardwood and softwood. The softwood setting read higher then the GRP-33 and the hardwood setting read a bit lower then the 33. The surveyor said the relative levels are more important than the absolute levels.

The Ryobi has a few nice features, such as a "hold" feature that I used when checking the stringers where I couldn't see the display, and an audible alarm that goes off for higher readings.

I am very happy with this item.

5.0 out of 5 stars not sure about the calibration, June 10, 2014
This review is from: Ryobi Pinless Moisture Meter (Misc.)
I have two meters and these two are not in synch. not sure what to do about it but the unit does show readings well and is easy to take pictures of for reports.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, February 15, 2013
This review is from: Ryobi Pinless Moisture Meter (Misc.)
I have used the more expensive Tramex moisture meters in the past, and for the price, you can't beat this. I am currently using two of these and had great success. What can kill the Tramex ones can also kill these, the sensing pads on the back breaking their little link. So far it has held up as good as the more expensive ones. This one does only penetrate 1/2" though, whereas the Tramex is 3/4". But a great value for the money. Overall I really like these better then the Tramex as the multi color scale and digital display is nice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tool for the money, March 29, 2014
This review is from: Ryobi Pinless Moisture Meter (Misc.)
This is a cool little tool. A local contractor had the same one and used it to find where a PEX pipe had a pinhole in my wall. I'm now using it to be sure the studs are dried up and read for drywall.

Without this tool, my contractor might of had to tear down a 20' area of drywall - guessing where the leak was located. Instead he was able to pinpoint it to a 8' area that was soaked or wet and the leak was in that location as well.

I'm typically not a Ryobi fan for numerous reasons, but between his use and my use of this tool it is a great addition to the tool box.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 14, 2014
This review is from: Ryobi Pinless Moisture Meter (Misc.)
Works like a charm, great choice.

1.0 out of 5 stars Did not function, August 15, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast and Accurate, July 24, 2014
This review is from: Ryobi Pinless Moisture Meter (Misc.)
It was fast and accurate, no wires to mess and very easy to use!

2.0 out of 5 stars False Readings, June 6, 2014
No Name (Columbus, IN) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ryobi Pinless Moisture Meter (Misc.)
There are times when this gives a false reading. For instance, I was checking around windows inside a house and every ledge read high moisture content (+40%), but no moisture stains and the drywall was as solid as can be. I have other examples just like this. I need to find another pinless moisture meter.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ryobi Moistyre Meter, August 27, 2012
Amazon Customer (Chicago, IL. USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ryobi Pinless Moisture Meter (Misc.)
I just bought one and it works well so far. You can just slide it along the wall/wood and it gives you the readings. Easy to use.

Ryobi Pinless Moisture Meter