4.0 out of 5 stars Good saw with an angle problem.
Published 13 months ago by dcc52

1.0 out of 5 stars Great saw from a different store
Just go to Home Depot and get the exact same saw for 30 dollars cheaper. Don't waste the extra money here.
Published 4 months ago by Matthew Wenz

4.0 out of 5 stars Good saw with an angle problem., July 17, 2013
This review is from: Ryobi ZRJS651L 6.1 Amp Variable-Speed Orbital Jigsaw with SpeedMatch (Misc.)
I bought this saw to replace a 40 year old Black&Decker that was truly outdated. I noticed it had a one inch stroke, led light, easy blade replacement, a soft shoe and variable speed. All attributes I was interested in without paying $100.00 plus dollars. It also came with a soft carrying case. After reading the instructions I installed a blade and went to work. After about three hours of fairly continuous cutting I noticed the cuts bore an angle. I checked the angle setting of the shoe and noticed the blade was not square. In order to set the angle of the blade your loosen a set screw and rotate the shoe. Unfortunately, the set screw tends to loosen during prolonged use. I tightened the screw and continued with my project. Again, after a couple hours the shoe angle shifted. I re-tightened the set screw and continued; however, it occurred again. That is the one fault I have with the saw. It's an annoyance, but I will live with it because of the price I paid. It cuts soft and hard wood with ease and the variable speed is very helpful. I paid much less than the $85.00 price tag so I think all in all it was a reasonable deal and tradeoff. Overall I would give this saw 4 stars.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good with other blades than the included, August 18, 2013
Claudio Rivera (San Juan, PR Puerto Rico) - See all my reviews
I bought it in HD a few months ago, for some woodworking project (a little workbench table). Using the included blades was a mistake to cut 2x4s (or worst 4x4): the blade turns to one side in cutting...no square ends as a result, time waste in corrections. Although an orbital guide (SpeedMatch selector) is included, you must use your experience to set it correctly, more important when working with fine woods (low orbital is better in any case). The speed dial to select movement speed is a good idea, because you can freely set it for different material.

To the next project I used Bosch progressor blades (t234x) and the difference was incredible. One advice: many cheap jigsaws out there are really good, good cuts came with the blades you use.

My main concern is on the plastic base. It looks some fragile to marks and damage. The plastic screw to fix the edge guide can be replaced for something better.

But overall is a good jigsaw for the occasional home user, although a little overpriced (you can buy a B&D with same specification for the half of the price).

5.0 out of 5 stars Good jig saw, January 26, 2014
I just spent 2-3 hours cutting plywood with this and am quite happy. I bought good blades at the same time I bought the saw. I did not use the blades that came with the saw. The variable speed and adjustable orbital are very nice features. The trigger lock works nicely and it doesn't have any annoying guards that you have to press to get the blade started. There is a dial to adjust the speed of the blade so that when you lock the trigger, it will max out at your set speed. That speed can also be adjusted while the trigger is locked if you'd like.
The only down side I've noticed so far is that the saw vents up and to the right, so if you are making a cut from left to right, you will get air blown in your face if you don't cover the vent with your hand to deflect the air downwards. so far I've only used it for cutting 1/2" plywood, but it's got plenty of power to do much more than that. I'd think it would do fine with 1" material. It came with a nice soft case to keep your saw and blades in. this saw is not meant to cut very thick material (ie 4x4's) - I would pull out my circular saw to cut a 2x4 even. But for somewhat curvy, detailed cutouts it worked great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good versatile tool, August 7, 2013
The variable speed options are amazing I can wait to continue on some of my personal projects with this, very powerful but is kind of heavy compared to others. I would recommend this if you are looking for a versatile saw.

1.0 out of 5 stars Great saw from a different store, April 16, 2014