Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing Learn more

Format: Paperback|Change

on September 3, 2006
For years after I became a Christian, I believed that if I enjoyed doing something, I was probably not supposed to do it. That was part of my past, I was taught, the former life I needed to set aside. Well, yes and no. The principles unpacked in this book helped me see that, yes, as a Christian my direction needed to change, but no, I didn't need to stop doing what I enjoy--I just needed God to do the redirecting. In fact, I learned, what I enjoy is a huge key to my purpose.

S.H.A.P.E.: Finding and Fulfilling Your Unique Purpose for Life is the "how to" of the Purpose Driven Life. As a man who has directly applied these principles to his own life and the lives of thousands of others over the past decade, Erik Rees knows them well. In this book he helps his readers understand the practical part of living on purpose by reinforcing the truth that each of us was intentionally created by a loving God to do something specific with our lives. He then shows us what to do next, so we don't get stuck on same or paralyzed by indecision.

If you enjoyed the Purpose Driven Life and want reinforcement for your personal direction, this book is the toolbox to get you there.
on August 31, 2006
'Get ready for an incredible journey! I loved the book material and feel inspired to live out the insights I have learned! Why? The information is shared in an inspiring, motivational manner and is filled with wisdom and suggestions about how to apply the content to your everyday living. The author walks you through a discovery of (1) who you are--that uniquely wonderful person God made you to be, (2) how to share who you are--through serving God and others, and (3) what to do next--ways to pass on what you've learned as you grow and invest in the lives of others. It's absolutely amazing and has changed the way I think and live. Wow!
I am going to tell you right off the bat that if you are a Christian you simply must have this book. I don't care if you have been in the ministry for years this book and the information it contains will surely bless you. Erik Ress, author, takes you on a journey with your Spiritual walk to help you reach the height that the Lord wants you on.

Are you searching for your purpose in God on this earth? Do you already know your purpose but wish to sharpen your skills? This book is for you. In this work our author helps us to define what is important to us and why. He helps us to see what gifts are working in our lives, how our personality supports those gifts and helps us understand that they are God given. He shows us pit-falls, explains how we can get off into trying to walk in something God has not called us to walk in and does it all in an easy to understand, down-right fun manner that you will have no problem in understanding and you will actually enjoy learning.

In this work you will truly realize how important you are to God and His plan on earth and the part that you play. You will learn how to use your God-given talents, gifts and abilities to the fullest which is the heart-desire of all true Christians. I absolutely loved this book and I have shared the information with many people that I have ministered to since reading it. I recommend to all of them to get their own copy, read it and apply what they learn and I recommend the same to you. It is an interactive book that will bring you higher in your Spiritual walk and cause you to be more productive in the Kingdom of God. It just doesn't get any better than that. Thank you Pastor Rees, well done and much appreciated! This book is truly kissed by God.
on March 20, 2007
Reading S.H.A.P.E. and following the process of defining my God-given

uniqueness has been a gift beyond measure. I have always known that God

has a plan and purpose for my life, but honestly that knowledge has felt

more like a concept rather than a personal truth to embrace. Prior to

reading S.H.A.P.E, I had a good understanding of my strengths and

weaknesses, but this process took me well beyond that. Truly defining

my spiritual gifts, heart, abilities, personality and experiences has

been critical to understanding what God wants to do with my life. The

book presented this discovery process in a way that brought me a new

level of self-enlightenment. I was able to take this more "organized"

approach and ask God, what is my Kingdom Purpose? God has been so

faithful throughout the S.H.A.P.E. process revealing to me His Will for

my life. I have recently been approached to go on a mission trip out of

the country, one of my first steps was to take out my Kingdom Purpose

and check for alignment. I was so grateful to have taken the time to

dig into the book and pull out the numerous nuggets of truth, they have

already blessed me and am confident will continue to be a huge clarifier

in my journey with Christ.
on August 30, 2006
This book really makes clear how to tap into what and who God made you to be. I loved the interactive sections of the book and the on-line assessment was dead on! The author says that we are all unique masterpieces created by God. I'm convinced!
on December 6, 2014
Great book, although in reality, I'm not sure if it is really applicable. Sometimes no matter how hard you try, you find yourself in situations where it's hard to fulfill your s.h.a.p.e. I wish there would have been more detailed stories of challenges and life needs that people encountered and dealt with it. Also, I feel that God sometimes brings you into a path completely unexpected in fulfilling your s.h.a.p.e. Sometimes it also takes time but the waiting period is not a waste because challenges build character and trust in God. The important thing is to trust God, seek Him, do one's best, and bring Him our decisions. Overall, though the book slightly frustrated me because of its seemingly simplistic and idealistic approach, it's still worth a read in thinking and realizing the unique experiences, abilities, interests, skills and passions God has given and allowed for you, thereby enabling you not to compare yourself with others, appreciate and value your uniqueness, and redeem even the most difficult experiences and hurts in your life.
on September 1, 2006
This book is amazing. The personal stories were inspiring. I loved doing the online assesment. Thanks to the author, I feel like my life has changed. This is definitely a must-read for all.
on September 3, 2006
The interaction this book demands, generates a defined focus into one's life, requiring action that promises utmost fulfillment! You must buy 2 - one to start your journey now and one to see how far you have come 2 or 3 years from now.
on August 5, 2013
S: Spiritual Gift
H: heart passion
A: ability/talent
P: personality
E: experience
If you like the purpose driven life, it is the extended version with more exercise to help you to discover your own SHAPE. I appreciate pastor Erik Rees who spend another half of the book to provide instruction for readers to learn to discover and development their own SHAPE. This is a valuable tool for church growth.
on August 30, 2006
I loved it! Everyone can benefit from this book and its message. I loved the honesty from the author and the personal stories throughout the book. I'm buying the book for Christmas gifts this year!