Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Format: Audio CD|Change

on July 5, 2007
If you are like me, you have been waiting and waiting for Marc to release more of his smooth sounding music. It is nice to say that the wait is over and boy has it been worth the wait!! I must admit that I am not too familiar with the originals that he has covered, so this album plays like new material to me. Every song on the CD sounds great and there is a nice flow to the songs he has covered. Marc's voice is perfect to sing songs like this, and Ms. Toby Lightman does an excellent job with her material. Their duet together is a highlight on a disc that is full of highlights. If you are a fan of Marc Broussard and are wondering if you should if you should add this to your collection, or you are looking for an introduction to a new artist and are wondering if you should try this, do yourself a favor and GET THIS ALBUM!! Marc has said that he will be releasing a CD of original material in the near future, but this album will definitely tide you over until then.
on September 28, 2007
I love Marc Broussard's voice, and I love what he does with embracing this great music genre. I enjoy this album a lot. My only minor complaint is that, the energy of the songs seem to be restrained just a bit. The songs (and I) beg for more instrumental playing and unrestrained energy. I heard Marc on the radio live at the Xponential concert (from radio station WXPN in Philadelphia), and the band was great and his voice was powerful and the songs really kicked. I wish this album would have captured some of that raw energy, which is obviously lying beneath the surface. But that being said, I still enjoy this album and recommend it for anyone who enjoys R & B soul.
on July 29, 2007
Marc Broussard has a soulful voice that matches all of the songs on his latest release "S.O.S.: Save Our Soul". I love listening to these classics being sung by one of the most talented artists of today. His raspy and gritty voice is wonderful as he portrays the struggles and hope in every song he sings. My favorite tracks off the album include "You Met Your Match", "Let the Music Get Down In Your Soul", and "Inner City Blues (Makes Me Wanna Holler)". This album never gets old, and captures my emotions everytime I listen to it. It's a must have for all music lovers!
on October 1, 2007
Marc Broussard... WOW!!! What a voice! I am grateful that someone gave me this CD. I haven't heard such an outstanding voice in a long time. Thanks for sharing your passion for soul music with the rest of us. It's hard to fault someone for dipping into the treasures from the past, even when sticking close to the original when they can sing like this young man. This album does not disappoint!
on July 30, 2007
Marc Broussard's got the best voice in blue eyed soul alive right now. He's what Taylor Hicks is only posing for. Marc's Carenco disc is in my top ten discs and I own over 1400 - it's a stellar collection of originals without a bad song on it. That said, this is a disc that really didn't need to be made other than it's always good to keep these classics in the cannon of great american songs and it's nice to hear some lesser known, but solid songs get a second chance. While I love Marc's deep throaty growl and his raspy falsetto, he only matches the originals at best not really adding anything new. Like seeing a really great R&B band in a bar, it takes no effort to love these songs but they fall short of amazing me like his earlier two studio discs did. Worth owning for sure just for his voice but I'm patiently waiting for a new batch of originals.

An added bonus is Toby Lightman on duet and back-up - also one of the best voices of her generation. She's got all the soulful subtlety and nuance that Joss Stone Lacks, but it would have been nice to hear her belt out something better than Tammy Terrell.
on July 10, 2007
Ever since my sister lent me her CD and I saw Marc Broussard in concert. I have been in love (some would say obsessed.) Carencro is a great album and I have listened to it thousands of times. It seems like we have been waiting for years for his next album and I couldn't be more excited that it is finally here. I am in love again. My favorite track is Harry Hippie and I don't know why, just do. The CDs are great, but if you haven't seen him live, run, run, run to catch him on one of his tour dates. It is an amazing experience that even if you have never heard his music before, you will enjoy!
on August 2, 2007
Great soulful soulfelt covers but Marc every since I heard you do "Back in Your Arms Again" on a Bruce Springsteen covers compilation CD, I crave for your "voice" and your uniqueness. This CD is great but I have most of the originals and still play them on my old record player through my Fender Super Reverb amp in the basement with far too many beer stains on the top of the amp. The originals are priceless and now I want you to start delivering some of your own originals again ..... you see, covers are great but the real soul is in the heart of the writer of the song. Except for "Back in Your Arms Again" - don't tell the "Boss" but you blew him alway on that song and arrangement. Now, get back on the road and get back on the penning and your unique soulfulness will shine through again. I'LL WAIT.
VINE VOICEon July 10, 2007
What drew me to Marc Broussard's "Carencro" was the authenticity of his music. Something happens when he sings his own stuff that takes you there.

I'm not saying he's not good doing this album of all but one cover songs, but he's stuck so close to the original arrangements that it's a waste of his talent.

"Come in from the Cold" is Broussard's only original song on SOS and it's a lovely ballad.

My suggestion is to buy "Carencro" and stick to the original singers of this wonderful soul music.
on July 23, 2008
You can cry the blues so..I feel the smells, I taste your life. The stories are are from home,so familar andmake my heart remember a different time I had lost. Hooray I am still here after 54 years. yeah old but not dead. Gods gift go with your roots and add spice carefully to the gumbo. Families are great! Good kin and especially the bad. They have the most to tell. Stay straight with the man buy high and sell low it builds character. My sister and I listen to you from alabama to arkie. We go to sleep with your words above us and your voice sounds like all the men we love to love. She is a red head so watch out. Proud of you!!!
on August 6, 2007
Learned of Marc Broussard after a National Public Radio interview. Since I have learned that many in south Louisiana, where we live, were much more "up" on his career.
We have so enjoyed this tribute to the soulful music of the 60's and 70's and bought a second copy to share with our firiends. The covers are excellent, especially the Al Green ballad, Love and Happiness.
We also purchased a copy of Broussard's earlier CD, Momentary Setback, and were excited by his own music.
Discovering this Louisiana home-gorwn artist was a pleasure and we have played music from these two discs for everyone who will listen!