|Item Weight||49 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||21 x 21 x 15.5 inches|
|California residents||Click here for Proposition 65 warning|
|Item model number||SA350K|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Warranty Description||2 Years|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $8.99 shipping
+ Free Shipping
DELTA SA350K Shopmaster Boss 1/4-Horsepower 1,724 RPM Bench top Spindle Sander with Complete Spindle Sander Set
|Price:||$275.00 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$229.00 (45%)|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Large, cast-iron table measures 18-inch dia. to support large work pieces
- Heavy-duty motor assembly features a powerful, 1/4 hp induction motor with direct drive for quiet, smooth operation. Replaceable oil-impregnated bearings and sturdy, ground-steel rods for support
- Built-in dust collection fan draws in dust and chips through a specially designed table insert and deposits debris in the standard-equipment dust bag
- Pre-drilled base holes for mounting sander to a stand or workbench
- Toggle switch with removable lock out key prevents unauthorized use. Reach customer care number 800-223-7278
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Top Customer Reviews
Anyway this is not my tool, but he is sitting here kibitzing as I type. I actually have the Jet JBOS5(see review).
He purchased the Delta because of the lighter weight and smaller size. He is space challenged in his shop (arn't we all) and needed one he could store under the bench when not in use. The Jet is a bit heavy to be lifting up and down a lot, so he went with the Delta.
He purchased this at our favorite local wood workers store and it was already assembled and clean.
First impression.....lots of plastic, of course that's why its light. The table is flat and has a nice finish, but if you lift the machine up using the table as a handle you would be smart to check for level before using the sander, it will move on ya.
The spindles are only 41/2" compared to 6" on the Jet. But you don't get to use the full length on either machine. He got a nice selection of drums with the sander, including the 3". They appear to be adequate to the task, ya gotta be gentle with the smaller diameter ones even on the Jet. Changing spindles is fairly easy.
You do have to clamp or bolt down the machine. Because of its light weight it tends to wander a bit around the bench if you don't. He drilled 4 holes in his bench top and use's bolts and wingnuts, works well.
We had to make an adapter to hook the dust collector up to this machine. Seems to work ok.
The 1/4 hp motor seems a little light to me, but it performs well, even as heavy handed as he is , he hasn't been able to stall the motor, though it does seem to bog down a little on deep pieces.Read more ›
What I like:
- Big, flat, cast iron table that was nice and perpendicular to the spindle out of the box.
- The constraining inserts that close the hole in the table around the drum are made well and stay in plane with the table, while allowing good dust collection.
- The dust collection is actually pretty good when hooked up to a central system. However, see what I don't like below.
- All accessories have a storage spot on the machine. All the drums, bushings, wrenches, everything.
- It's a very quiet machine...that is, until wood comes in contact with the drum.
- It's light and easily mobile, however, it's light because it's plastic. See what I don't like below.
What I sort of like and don't like:
- This one is up to you - it depends on your needs. The Delta comes with a set of larger drums, starting at 3/4" and going up to 3". The comparable Jet model has a finer set of drums including 1/4", 1/2", 5/8" and going up to 2". You can buy the 3" drum for the Jet as an accessory, but you can't buy the smaller drums for the Delta. I don't need small drums for my work, so this is fine for me, but if you do finer work, this might not be for you.
- The Jet also has a larger 1/2 HP motor, while the delta only has 1/4 HP, however, I've never had a problem with power. In my experience, the 1/4 HP is ample even for 5/4 White Oak.
(And the Jet is almost twice as expensive...)
What I really don't like:
- The most irritating part of this machine is the rubber drums.Read more ›
One of the steel arms (called a link) that raises and lowers the motor assembly was bent. I removed it and straightened it out. It appeared this was a factory defect since it did not happen during shipping. The unit was made in Taiwan. Quality control is poor at the assembly plant I guess. This is the main reason for 4 stars and not 5.
The operation of the sander is very good. There is minimum vibration and noise during use. The dust bag included does a good job collecting most of the dust. It is easy to control the wood on the nice flat machined table.
Make sure you get the free spindle set that is being included. It has an assortment of spindles that are needed. The one included is the narrow spindle and limits the abilities of this sander.
Despite the minor problems that may have been unique to this one sander, I have to recommend it. It performs above average. And the price is right.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The sander arrived with a missing piece, the little screw that hold and compress the drum and unfortunately it has a reversed thread. Read morePublished 8 days ago by Somewhereinla
the sander is everything written about it , a great tool for the serious wood worker it was easy to set up and operatePublished 22 months ago by birddog25
There is a problem with the gear that makes the spindle go up and down.
I bought one, and it had a broken gear. sent it back, got replacment, same problem! Read more
escuse, i don't speak english (use portuguese translation)
Uso inicial bom e montagem intuitiva muito boa, velocidade não cai mas a lixa tende a subir durante a operação
The quality of the sleeves is a real bad part of the sander they are not glued correctly!! I see it as cutting corners!!Published on April 29, 2013 by ed sheldon
My wife ordered one of these for me for x-mas and brand-new out of the box, it didn't work (no oscillation). We packed it up and shipped it back for a refund. Read morePublished on January 26, 2013 by J
Had to set the allen heads,but after that it works great, it's quite and does the job I need it for.Published on December 10, 2012 by Michael J. Stokes