5.0 out of 5 stars Quality product, good value
This is a fairly specialized item, so if you're reading this review, I'll assume you know what a drive mounting bracket is for. Sabrent makes at least two models and I've tried them both. The BK-HDDH (the other model) is lightweight, but well built. The BK-HDDF (this model) is a bit heftier and seems equally well built.

These mounting brackets allow you to fit...
Published 10 months ago by Steward Willons

3.0 out of 5 stars It's sturdy, and functional, but lacking in refinements.
As others have stated, this adapter is a sturdy piece of metal. I'm using it in my system, and as a simple piece of metal, it will work just fine. It will function just fine, I'm sure, in your system, too. It is, however, lacking in refinements.

Published 6 months ago by Andrew Willing

3.0 out of 5 stars It's sturdy, and functional, but lacking in refinements., March 12, 2014
This review is from: SABRENT 3.5-Inch to SSD / 2.5-Inch HDD Bay Drive Converter (BK-HDDF) (Personal Computers)

I run a CoolerMaster HAF X case with the "push pin" style HDD thread-less "screws" (i.e., instead of screws) for the slide-in drive mount. Three out of four screw holes on this adapter were too small; that the screw holes were of an inconsistent size was a bit of a surprise. So, I had to use screws. But, using screws (supplied with this adapter, a small bonus), I had to use quite a bit of extra force in order to drive them deep enough such that the slide-in drive mount would actually slide in.

Furthermore, mounting the SSD on the inside could have been easier. There are small holes on the exterior into which you need to carefully navigate your screw & screw-driver, while simultaneously holding SSD in alignment with the interior brackets. There is no seat or anything on which to rest the SSD; you may need an extra pair of hands, or a decently magnetic screwdriver. Mine was magnetic, but apparently not enough, requiring some acrobatics to get the first screw in place.

In, all, it took me 20 minutes of futzing in order to mount the drive. It works, and it's solid, but it shouldn't have taken more than 2 minutes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality product, good value, November 8, 2013

These mounting brackets allow you to fit two 2.5-inch HDD or SSD in a single 3.5-inch drive bay. This is nice because SSD drives tend to be smaller in terms of storage capacity, and with limited drive bays, it's nice to use them efficiently if you're aiming for lots of storage space.

Both models come with all the necessary screws and such. It's fairly straightforward. Again, if you're reading this review, you probably know this is for you. All I can say, really, is that I tried both models, they worked just fine, and I'm entirely pleased with them.

Full disclosure: I received this product from the manufacturer to review; however, I did not allow this to influence my review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Adapter, June 9, 2014
Amazon Customer (ALBUQUERQUE, NEW MEXICO, United States) - See all my reviews
The adapter fits two SSD drives in the single bracket. It is very sturdy. My only complaint was the difficulty of mounting the drives and putting in the screws through the small access hole. I had to switch screw drivers to comfortably fit. My fingers are also a little too big to reach between the outer bracket and the 2.5" mount, so it as a bit of a challenge. Once the SSD was mounted, I had no issues. It was cheap. It is a simple solution. It isn't complicated.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great for installing a SSD in my case, June 6, 2014
Device fits up to 2 SSD's with no problem at all. Once my SSD was secured - it was easy to slip right into the HDD drive bay and then screw that in place as well.

Just make sure to have a small screwdriver for installation (ideally magnetic but not needed) - tiny little holes for locking in the SSD

5.0 out of 5 stars Works fine., May 30, 2014
Wayne Palmer (Williamsport, PA USA) - See all my reviews
Updated my wife's aging machine with a Win 7 upgrade and went with a SSD drive to improve performance. The bay drive converter worked fine. No problem at all with the installation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and solid 2.5" to 3.5" adapter., May 23, 2014
This item is perfect for what I wanted, it's a full size adapter which I had to have so it would mount on my Lian Li cases, comes with hardware to mount two drives, and it's plain and simple, easy to mount the drives in, I bought six of them to upgrade all my PCs to have a SSD boot drive.

CBayona

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as advertised., May 22, 2014
This product does what it is supposed to do very well. I have noticed that some reviewers have complained about positioning the ssd mount screws. The solution is very simple: hold the screw with a pair of tweezers over the ssd mount hole ,insert a screwdriver into the access hole and turn screw. Works like a charm for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars You get what it says, May 18, 2014
No issues. It fits in my PC case. And its convenient for install.

I would suggest getting it if youre installing either a laptop drive or solid state.

5.0 out of 5 stars bottom mounting screw holes, May 17, 2014
S. Drake (Portland, OR USA) - See all my reviews
Purchased this, specifically as it has holes on the bottom to mount into the case. I have 3 other adapters, none of which could screw into the case via screws on the bottom.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy, May 16, 2014
Its a sturdy peace of metal that holes 2 2.5 drives, I have a SSD and a Laptop Drive in it and im happy. Once I upgrade to all SSD ill get another one of these.

Rate and Discover Movies