Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on May 22, 2012
I have suffered from sciatica for over a year and was hospitalized due to problems connected with it. I was diagnosed with scolliosis, herniated disc, and spinal stenosis. I had two epidurals, lots of physical therapy, seven accupuncture treatments and was trying to learn to listen to my body and manage the pain. I bought a lumbar pillow, a gel seat, & various other cushions for sitting or sleeping. The sacro wedgy used twice a day for twenty minutes is providing relief from the pain and I shall make it a big part of my daily program.
11 comment| 79 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 17, 2013
I like the idea of this product. From my understanding, there's a hollow area in the small of your lower back that rests on top of this wedgy. The wedgy thereby lifts your lower back a little off the ground so that the muscles/joints/whatever around it sink away from your body with the force of gravity. This essentially stretches, releases, and relaxes your back. I think this is similar to what an inversion table does. It uses gravity to stretch you out.

I showed it to my chiropractor and he said he had never seen the product before but after reading the insert, he understood how it was supposed to work. He didn't think it would help much with my particular back issues (he recommended the Sacral Blocks like this one: Core Products 930 Adult Pelvic but I decided to give it a try anyway.

I'm 5'1", 107 lbs. I tried the female version first. It's shorter and wider than the male version. The shortness fit great but was too wide. Not knowing how this was supposed to feel, I used it several times as instructed (for at least 20 minutes), and every time, I would get up feeling numb in the area that was against the wedgy. My chiropractor later explained that the wedge was too wide for my frame so it was hitting my joints.

So I returned it for the male version. The narrowness on this one fit but it was too long, so I had a similar problem. So for me, neither size really fit. It would've been perfect if they had an in-between with the narrowness of the male version and the shortness of the female version.

Another reviewer said he used a rolled up towel to achieve essentially the same thing as the wedgy is supposed to produce. I tried that and just couldn't get the fit right. Fast forward a few months, I took a posture class (Gokhale Method: Steps Pain Free Back Solutions Shoulder and one of the tips we learned was the following:

- take a yoga mat and roll it up as you normally would when you store it
- lay it vertically so it is parallel to your spine and put a pillow above (not on top) of the mat
- start by laying down on the rolled mat with your spine directly on top (vertically) and your head on the pillow
- slowly inch your way downward until just a little bit of your lower back is off the mat. You'll start to feel a stretch there. Note that your head will no longer be resting on the pillow.
- continue to move downward until you get the stretch you want in the small of your back. Lay there for 3 minutes twice a day. After a week or so, try increasing it to 5 minutes a day. You can move the pillow under your head once you find your perfect position.

The above really gives a good stretch to your back. I'm not sure if the effect is exactly the same as what the sacro wedgy would do, but I think it's close.
55 comments| 96 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 7, 2011
I have suffered from Sciatica Pain for so very long...Im a runner and I lift weights on a daily basis...I tried massage, tennis balls, pain pills...
I had this product for three days now, have used it three times and my pain is just about gone!
I don't know how this little product works, but it does!!!
Great results!!
11 comment| 80 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 12, 2012
I am 2 days into trying it, and already starting to feel better. I would highly recommend the sacro wedgy. If you are skeptical (like I was), there are several YouTube videos you can watch on how to use it correctly and how it works to relieve pain. Try it - you'll be glad you did.
on February 7, 2012
This Sacrowedgy is amazing. I've had recurring SI joint/hip flare-ups for over 20 years, usually getting a couple of episodes a year. After using the Sacrowedgy just a few times, my hips feel the best they have since 1991! It's like they're not even mine! Yes, I've went through doctors, medications, PT, chiropractic, and massage, but never has the relief been as complete or lasting like this. I can't believe how simple and effective and inexpensive. I ended up having to swap for the blue/male model because this one didn't fit me quite right. When I contacted the company, the owner (Cindy) was extremely friendly, helpful and accommodating. I'm also trying Annette Fletcher's DVD "Save Your Lower Back". I use the Sacrowedgy for 20 minutes before doing the DVD because it truly gets the area TOTALLY relaxed before proceeding with strengthening and stretching, which Annette Fletcher says is an imperative first step. It is a shame more medical professionals don't know about this wonderful little gadget. So wish I had found Sacrowedgy years ago. I hope others can benefit, too.
on June 14, 2008
I borrowed one from my sister-in-law and it helped the back spasms a lot. I bought one from myself and another for my husband. Isn't a cure, but it helps.
on January 19, 2008
This really aligns my spine, relaxes my muscles and really helps with chronic pain issues along with other exercises and physical therapy. I would not have known about this if my P.T. had not had me use it in a session. Love it and it's easy to travel with as well.
on December 10, 2010
This is a little gift from heaven. It has done more for me than 30 years worth of chiropractic adjustments and muscle relaxers ever did. The wedgy does all that it claims to and then some. I have SI joint problems with arthritic conditions and a herniated disc in the lower lumbar. I don't know how it works, but it does. I've been taking a "wedgy rest" for around 2 weeks now and I think I'm safe in saying it really does work. It is a must for anyone who sits in an office all day. Prevent occupational injury by using this thing daily!

I was really desperate when I stumbled upon the website.

The staff is most kind and helpful too.

Sacro Wedgy Female Version.
22 comments| 87 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 3, 2016
I was skeptical but this thing is a miracle. I have hip and back problems, I have not been pain free for 13+ years. Doctors have recommended spinal and hip fusions. After my first 20 minutes I was pain free for the first time, I thought it was a fluke but it's not! I woke up pain free the next day in shock! I can't believe it, and it keeps getting better. If I skip a few days I start to feel a twinge, but I have eliminated chronic pain from my life! As a 32 year old who often walks with a limp and was about to buy a cane this is a life changing gift! No more limp, I can run, exercise and sleep through the night! It does hurt when you are on it but it's not sharp pain, I even am able to stand it having broken my tailbone a few years ago. I use it often for more than 20 minutes without negative effects, I sit on it at work, I drive on it and I've even fallen asleep on it. Please try it, it can change your life!
on January 21, 2016
My cranio-sacral therapist (CST) advised me to purchase this. When I did, I brought it to our sessions, and the Sacro Wedgy has made our sessions EVEN MORE HELPFUL. And using it during the week by myself really helps to lower my pain in the lumber region (I was directed how to do so by my CST, but there are also videos on YouTube and other websites that show how to use the Sacro Wedgy properly). I have disc issues in the L5/S1 area, which causes a lot of pain, and I am really shocked, and grateful, that this simple device can help.