Questions & Answers
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 questions
votes
No it doesn't -- the mounting bracket comes with the desktop upgrade kit, which is $120 and doesn't have a coupon associated with it. http://amzn.com/B005T3GPXE That said, the more expensive kit does also have SATA cables and cloning software along with the bracket, but I'd say a clean installation of your operating system on the drive is better than cloning, and I know I have quite a few spare cables lying around, so I'd get the bare drive version and pick up an adapter on its own.
Sep 13, 2012 by Amazon Customer
votes
Yes, the Samsung SSD 830 will throttle down to Sata2 if your laptop chipset has Sata2 configuration. Otherwise, It'll run as Sata3 if your laptop has Sata3 chipset in it. Other words, Samsung SSD 830 is backward compatible with Sata2.
Oct 23, 2013 by Hung Phi Do
votes
It should be, although I seem to remember it as formatted NTFS to start with. If your build supports standard SATA interface, you should not have any problems. It has been a very reliable drive for my Windows system. The only caveat is that an SSD does require periodic "garbage collection" by the operating system. You might want to check if your intended OS will support this. This would apply to any SSD that you may be considering.
Nov 23, 2014 by Peter Shkabara
votes
A 2.5" drive (like this one) can be put in almost any device that has a HDD, or SSD currently in it. That means practically all laptops and all desktops. Obviously you can't put this in a tablet or some of the tiny netbooks such as a Chrome book. To answer your question specifically... Yes. You can.
Feb 11, 2014 by Steve
votes
laptop install? Oct 16, 2013
yes dell e6400 laptop
Oct 16, 2013 by Tracy Brown
votes
lap install? Oct 16, 2013
can install on laptops too.
Oct 16, 2013 by Ahmed Hassan
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers