Top positive review
9 people found this helpful
Nice cases - fit the AT&T SGH-I777, almost perfectly
on December 13, 2011
My wife recently traded her HTC Aria for a Samsung Galaxy S II from AT&T. She was extremely disappointed that she had to get a phone that was so much larger than her previous phone. One thing she loved on her Aria was the orange argyle case we bought for it from Amazon. Naturally, when you see 5 cases for such a low price, you have to have second thoughts on quality; but we decided to give these a try.
As these were designed for the International version of the Galaxy S II, I wanted to point out the few areas where the case doesn't quite line up with the AT&T version;
- The charger plug opening is just a fraction too small for the factory supplied cord. I used an Exacto-style knife to cut the opening a little wider. Otherwise it was pushing the charger plug out and the phone would stop charging.
- There is an opening for a lanyard on the top-left side of the case, the AT&T phone does not have a lanyard connection point; so this hole is just open to nothing. It is a small hole, so no big deal.
- The noise cancellation microphone hole on the top of the case is just a fraction of an inch away from the microphone hole on the phone. This does not seem to reduce call quality in any way. My Otterbox Commuter case has the same issue and we've never had an issue on my phone with call quality either.
The cases themselves;
- Are pretty well fit, I don't notice any gaps or issues around the edges. They do not seem to want to pop off too easily.
- Have a nice grip to them. My wife was always afraid she was going to drop the phone itself, as it is a little slippery. Now she is comfortable handling the phone as the case is much easier for her to hold.
- Are very bright when off of the phone, but the combination of the phone's coloration with the cases makes them a little more muted. This suits my wife just fine as she prefers darker reds, greens and blues.
The only downsides I see with these cases are;
- We have to find somewhere to store the not-in-use cases.
- My wife changes the cases all the time, I keep looking for the wrong color when I go get her phone!
We have not dropped the phone yet (hopefully we won't have to test that part of these cases).
We recommend these cases; if you have the AT&T version be prepared to make modifications to accomodate the charging cord.