1,699 Reviews

Published on March 25, 2009 by EDW

3.0 out of 5 stars Laptop Cooler...adequate
Published on October 10, 2009 by Kindle Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Laptop Cooler...adequate, October 10, 2009
This review is from: SANOXY® Laptop Notebook Cool Pad w/ 3 Fans (Personal Computers)
I recently purchased a Sony Vaio laptop and was looking for a way to keep my laptop cool so that it wouldn't overheat and cause problems like others have reported happening to their laptop. If your looking for something basic to keep your laptop cool and cheap. This is your guy. It does what it's supposed to do. Also I heard alot about cooler pads being too small this one holds my laptop without it slipping and my laptop is 15.5".

CON: Very flimsy feeling like I could break it without putting forth more effort regular handling of it is okay but I wouldn't be overly rough with it. The fans on the cooler pad are also open on the bottom so say if you want to put it on your bed or a soft surface you can but the fans won't work. It has to be on a hard surface in order for the fans to work.

I can't really complain it does what it is supposed to and I guess I am getting my money's worth. Cool thing is that when my laptop is powered down the fan is off so I don't have to unplug the USB cord that connects it to my laptop. While the cooler is on it's a cool electric blue color like your at the carnival. Not really important but hey....that's my 2 cents.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well, March 25, 2009
EDW (Morenci, MI) - See all my reviews
Basically this works for the way I use my laptop. Fits up to a Vaio 460 w/o covering front vents, but does take some adjusting. Has raise rear feet for a comfortable angle on the keyboard and doesn't slid around. It's fairly quiet to me. Yet it doesn't blow notes off the desk. The USB T'ed into a double ended plug so one can add plug another cable into it. Hasn't been much of a power draw so far. Most of all it does a good job cooling. Lights are okay but could do without. I just want a clear pad. The fan are not covered underneath so you can't put on your lap. Else the fans will hit your clothing. Also would be nice to have an off switch for my needs as it doesn't shut down in the sleep mode. Delivery was prompt and hassle free.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product for its price, May 20, 2011
First of all, for those people who have been dissatisfied with this product, please keep in mind that this is a cheap 5 dollar gadget, so it is relatively unjustified to expect a top dollar spectacular performance value out of a 5 buck plastic cooling plate. By choosing this product you are not expected to receive a high end fancy brand name quality product, but a product that simply works.

Second, for those who are concerned with the "flimsiness" of the product, I want to point out a few things: The product is designed to spread the weight of the laptop to the four supporting structures at the corners, while the central plate does look a bit fragile, it merely serves as a connecting structure between the stands and does not actively participate in supporting the laptop, so even though it does look kind of flimsy, as long as your laptop is placed in a correct position it will not bend or break. I have tested this by placing a few textbooks of a total weight of 25+ pounds on the product, and guess what, nothing happens! As long as you don't pick the product up and swing it like a tennis racket it will work just fine.( I've also done carrying it around with me in a backpack full of heavy objects, never seen any sign of damage or wear). But do be careful to make sure the pad is used on an even surface, any contact with the fan while its still running can potentially damage it.

Third, performance-wise, this product work just as it is intended to. I have done over-clocking my laptop's graphic card in order to run Crysis 2 and Skyrim without lagging, and I was afraid of doing so because this places heavy stress on the card itself and might result in overheating, but now with this cooling pad, I've been doing it for more than 2 weeks and I don't seem to be experiencing any heating problems. The fans are also very quiet, once you laptop is up and running the noise from your machine itself will most probably cover up the noise of the fans. Even without turning on the fans the pad itself raises your laptop above the surface and allows better air circulation, which also help cool down your precious laptop.

To summarize:

Pros:

Great price
Good performance
Low energy consumption
Very quiet, almost unnoticeable
Highly portable
Sturdy enough for normal usage, in fact it was once worn by a Dovahkiin as a fire-resistant shield. That dragon was done...

Cons:

The LED lights might not be necessary for most people, drains battery and has no actual function(why did they think it would be a good idea to put lights on cooling pads? "hey dude checkout my new shining cooling pad!" !? )
Power cord is rather short, would be hard to connect it to a power source other than your laptop.
Fans can be easily damaged if not used with care. Just lay it on a flat table and leave it be.
Does not help in the event of a zombie apocalypse.

Update:

It has been a year since I've purchased this product, from Crysis 2 to Portal 2 and continue onto Skyrim, this little gadget has assisted me throughout my many gaming journeys with consistent satisfactory performance. One of the fans(the one in the middle) stopped working for a month a while back thanks to my dumb roommate whom decided it would be funny to poke it with a pencil while it's still running, but after a bit of physical abuse (literally banging it with my Nokia - the hardest object known to mankind), it's now up and running again. Lesson of the day: if things stopped working the way you want it to be, just beat the hell out of it.(jokes aside, this may be an indicator of loose connection issues of the connecting wires)

Update 2: I don't know why i keep coming back to this review.........But yeah, it's been over 2 years since I've first used this product, still works like a champ, the previous issues indicated by the last update is no longer present, thing magically fixed itself and the entire thing works just fine. (And since when did the price dropped to 2 bucks?!?!)

3.0 out of 5 stars laptop or desktop, February 27, 2010
Ashley A. Angus (johnstown, ny usa) - See all my reviews
I bought 2 of these cooling fans one for me and one for my other half. I loved the price and the look. It is very quiet.I like the product but the are a few draw backs . 1is that the fans are not protected enough. This particular cooling pad prevents you from placing your laptop on your lap. You have to have something else under it. 2 the wires are not protected and as in other reviews this is a fragile cooling pad. when this one dies or breaks i will not buy it again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Total flop..., February 18, 2011
Length:: 3:37 Mins

What a piece of junk!
When I took it out of the box, it was much, much smaller than I expected.
Though, that isn't the part that bothered me. It is made out of the thinnest, cheapest plastic possible. (Think plastic disposable party cup, or molded plastic packaging that items are packaged in. Its very very flimsy.
The fans are also exposed on the bottom. It doesnt seem dangerous or anything, but I can't put it on my lap by any means. It keeps bending, causing the fans to press against the piece of plywood I have it sitting on. The wires are also exposed, making even less durable.

The only good thing is that it is very quiet.

DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, May 28, 2010
Mr. KG (Seattle, WA) - See all my reviews
Shipped for under 8 bucks... are you kidding me? This baby keeps my Acer 5515 that is overclocked from 1.6-2.04 EXTREMELY cool!!! With the three fans working overtime, cooling is a definate. It is also very quiet and with its ergonomic lift from 1.5 in rear to 1.0 on front it makes typing a lot more comfortable. Don't hessitate on this gem, get it while they still have some in stock!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Janky., April 8, 2010
This functions just fine as a laptop cooling pad, but the exposed wiring and flimsy construction are making me regret this purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, August 24, 2009
Prime "Prime" (San Jose, CA United States) - See all my reviews
Great product. The other reviews pretty much sum up the pros--quiet fans, awesome look/leds, extra USB female port. Only con is you cannot put this on your lap as the fans will hit your clothes, as another reviewer mentioned, but no big deal.

(By the way, I bought the same product for $7 free shipping at an online auction site that I won't named here--you may want to go check it out)

1.0 out of 5 stars CHEAP - NO GOOD, June 15, 2010
This was the worse flimpsy piece of junk I have ever seen. It was so thin, plastic, that my
laptop was too heavy for it to even sit on it.

I read other comments before I bought it and I can't believe that anyone talked about how
fabulous it was and it worked so well with all the lites.

Don't let the picture fool you like it did me. The picture looked good, but the actual item
is awful. It even came in a simple falling apart brown envelope, hooked in this thin
cardboard flat piece.

I fell out laughing. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME.

I already have a fan for my laptop. I was buying a 2nd one, but no need. What you need to
buy is a cooling fan that is enclosed where it slides open and shows the two fans and will
close up again.

That is the kind I have and it is the greatest. I've had it for 3 years and no problems.
Caught it on sale. Keeps my laptop cool and it stays on for 8-10 hrs.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not the best quality, but gets the job done., March 17, 2010
When I first opened the box and seen this flimsy little piece of plastic I was like great there is no way that this is going to be able to support the weight of my computer (15' MacBook Pro). But it does and it is really sturdy, my laptop does not want to slide off or anything. The fans are quiet and get the job done. The blue light is a nice touch. Over all it isint the best product on the market but for the price you can't pass it up if you don't need a really really good one that you are always using.

ARRAY(0xa90dee6c)