Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Size: 7''|Color: Black|Change

on November 7, 2011
NOTE: THIS DOES NOT WORK WITH ANY KINDLE PRODUCT AS FAR AS I KNOW - PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME QUESTIONS ABOUT KINDLES OR KINDLE FIRES AS I DO NOT OWN ONE. THIS IS A REVIEW FOR THIS KEYBOARD COVER WITH A COBY KYROS - I DO NOT OWN OTHER E-READERS AND CANNOT OFFER ADVICE ON THOSE PRODUCTS!

I bought this after reading many reviews on here and noting that many people said it worked with Coby Kyros. Shipping was FAST! I got it in 4 days with two of them being weekend days. The case is nice and sturdy, great hardcover protection. I was aware it came with the keyboard and plug, and that I would have to use my adapter that came with my Coby Kyros, but it was a pleasant surprise to find a stylus was also included and that there is a nice holder for that and for the cord that holds the plug for the keyboard.

Many people have mentioned this case does not fit their 7-inch tablets, but there is a VERY EASY fix. Before placing your tablet into the 3 prongs, first bend the prongs downward (toward the case backing) a little further than they are currently seated. I did this and my 7-inch Kyros (which originally just slipped right in) now fits snugly in the 3 holders. I even held it over my bed and vigorously shook the case up and down while it was open and my tablet never fell out or even slipped at all. It's much easier and less "messy" than one other reviewer's suggestion of using Velcro - and much easier to get the tablet in and out this way.

Finally, when I first connected my adapter that came with my tablet to the keyboard adapter I was very disappointed that nothing happened. I tried several different browser pages, mashed all the buttons on the keyboard, clicked on the Function key and snooze button twice in case it was in sleep mode, etc. but nothing happened. I finally kept reading reviews on here and noticed on about page 3 or 4 that someone mentioned they changed their USB settings and their keyboard finally started working. So, I immediately went to my Settings, Advanced Settings, and then USB BUS MODE and changed it from DEVICE mode to HOST mode and VOILA - the keyboard immediately started functioning. Not only that, but I can have it connected or not connected and both the external keyboard and my device keyboard still function normally. For anyone that hooks it up to their tablet and thinks it is not actually working - please try this and it might save you the time and hassle of sending it back to the manufacturer.

I have so far been able to browse faster, type more quickly and get through many more screens faster using this keyboard and cover than I was ever able to do with my fingers and stylus with the tablet and device keyboard in the past. I am going to LOVE this purchase!!
126126 comments| 1,367 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 21, 2012
For those who can't get their keyboard recognized by their tablet, this person's review also fixed my problem. Quoted below..... and the first thing you need is a usb to mini usb converter (check your connection type), which I ordered on Amazon for only $1.35.

"When I first connected my adapter that came with my tablet to the keyboard adapter I was very disappointed that nothing happened. I tried several different browser pages, but nothing happened. I read reviews on here and noticed on about that someone mentioned they changed their USB settings and their keyboard finally started working. So, I immediately went to my Settings, Advanced Settings, and then USB BUS MODE and changed it from DEVICE mode to HOST mode and VOILA - the keyboard immediately started functioning. Not only that, but I can have it connected or not connected and both the external keyboard and my device keyboard still function normally. For anyone that hooks it up to their tablet and thinks it is not actually working - please try this and it might save you the time and hassle of sending it back to the manufacturer."

1919 comments| 351 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 20, 2011
The keyboard is really good so I was HUGELY disappointed when I found out it is incompatible with my Kindle Fire! The keys are wide and I can use my big old gorilla knuckle-draggers on it with no problem. The stylus is garbage but the case looks good for a faux leather. Where am I going to find a compatible keyboard for the FIRE?..... I recommend this product for the tablets it is compatible with. For the price there is none better!
3737 comments| 381 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 1, 2012
Its really hard for me to rate this item but I will give the seller kudos for a quick delivery. I was really looking forward to recieving this. Once it arrived I immediatly found out that without a USB connecton kit this would not attatch to my 7" tablet. So had to order a USB connection kit. Once it arrived and I got it and the keyboard all hooked up to my tablet, it would not work. Nor would any setting options that came with my tablet ALLOW me to connect this keyboard. What the Product Description does not tell you is that this does not work with the Samsung Galaxy 7" tablet. It took my looking through several sellers' sites until I found one that states in the header: Tabletpc Epad Apad MID Laptop Notebook Usb2.0 Stylus Stand, to understand that it was not designed for ALL 7" TABLETS. Of course I did not find this info out until after I purchased mine. I have not tried to send it back due to the cost to return.. I look at it I am just out the money. Fortunatly I can still use the USB connecter so I am not out that money too.

Needless to say I had to give this a 1 star rating as it doesnt work with my tablet. Hope this helps any future 7" Galaxy owners the cost, time, and inconvienience.
9797 comments| 351 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 28, 2011
When I ordered this case, I expected the bare minimum. What I got was a very decent quality accessory for my tablet PC. The keyboard uses a USB port and worked well. I even plugged it into my laptop and desktop USB ports and it worked as an auxiliary keyboard on them too. When you prop it up with the little stand, it looks like a mini laptop pc. I think all tablet pcs should have one.
on September 20, 2011
I'm sooo happy with this item no problems at all, my Android Tablet looks like a laptop, this is a very nice product I bought 2 of this one for my tablet and the other one for my wife's Pandigital both are working perfect and very convenience instead of carrying my 15" laptop everywhere with me. :)
2727 comments| 142 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 31, 2012
**this is designed for a STANDARD USB port, if your tablet uses MICRO USB, get a micro USB to USB cable (I used this one: Micro USB to USB Female Cable USB- OTG For Galaxy S2 I9100).**

**this case is NOT SECURE--I would recommend modifying it as I did below; otherwise, it's your own fault if your tablet slips out**

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I'm typing with the keyboard on my Nexus 7, at a speed of ~30 WPM instead of my usual ~100WPM--hey, it beats using the touchscreen keyboard! I literally just plugged it in, and it works great!

CASE:
fit: The top prong is springloaded to adjust to any size. however, because there are no side prongs, it's not secure at all. I'll have to modify it later in order to make the case portable.
construction quality: a little sloppy, but it doesn't look incredibly cheap. I don't think there's much quality control regarding stitching or where magnets are placed, or how wide apart the prongs are.
size: 5.5 x 9 x 1.75 inches. It's small but a little unnecessarily thick.

OVERALL: The main drawbacks of the case are its poor fit (I don't trust three little prongs with holding my tablet secure) and unnecessary thickness (quite a bit of extra space); however, these can be rectified with modifications. I like the convenient pop-out stand (makes your tablet feel like a laptop).

KEYBOARD:
-keyboard dimensions: 8" by 3", not including leather bezel. So yes, it is pretty cramped.
-key size: most essential keys are 1.5 cm, but they're crowded. I don't have an issue with letters so much as the punctuation keys, which are very crowded (and only 1cm wide)
key layout: like I said, letter and number keys are laid out perfectly. All other keys are squeezed. Some are in a weird location, like the apostrophe (which is located below the period). I use apostrophe way more than the colon, I feel like those should have been switched,
-button functionality: I notice some keys don't work. This may or may not be a function of the tablet, not the keyboard. My DELETE key doesn't work.

OVERALL: They did a good job keeping the alphanumeric keys the same size, but I would have appreciated a more intelligent design, according to what keys are used most (shift, ctrl, apostrophe, etc.) The really cramped keys are at the bottom, so typing words isn't the hard part, it's ending them that slows you down. I like that it has signals for capslock, numlock, etc. For the price, I have no complaints. Can this compare to a full-sized keyboard? NO. Is it much more efficient than any touchscreen keyboard? Yes.

TIP: it's faster for me to type with my hands above the keyboard, like how you'd play keys on a piano, rather than with your palms flat down. If you have large hands, you'll definitely have a harder time.

If you plan on carrying your tablet around with this, I would STRONGLY recommend the following:
-purchase a TPU or hard case. You can find TPU cases for like 5 bucks.
-Remove the metal prongs.
-superglue on the TPU/hard case to the keyboard case.
-adjust the thickness of the case by bending the spine. This will REALLY reduce the bulk.

See the modified case pictures I posted in the product gallery. Not beautiful, but it works. Now I can use this case without worrying that my tablet will slip out and crack on the ground. Not to mention, removing the prongs and bending the spine makes it SO much thinner!
on August 18, 2012
Hi everybody! I took a chance with this product. I didn't expect much for $7 but was reading it was working for the Nexus 7 tablet. So I ordered it on a Wednesday and it was delivered on Saturday- that was free shipping!

Now I knew by reading that the usb plug needed an adapter. I already had an OTG (on the go) adapter to expand the micro usb port for card reading- I hoped that it would work on that too.

Plugged it in and at first I got nothing. Hmmmm.... Unplugged, and replugged the micro usb plug into the tablet, and Voile!! Keyboard was working fine!! ;-) For $7, this is great for taking away when you don't want to bring a bigger laptop. The keyboard is pretty small, but it beats using the touch screen to type on.

It has a built in stand, and my top clip was spring loaded to adjust for different width tablets. I didn't need to add anything else. Very securely held. The fake black leather is not the most attractive, but what do you want for $7??

Definitely works great for the Nexus 7!! Don't forget to order a micro usb to usb adapter- probably the OTG one- couple dollars at the most.

If you are into good looks and not function, you might be disappointed. It's plain black- but with some pretty embelishments, it will be beautiful!
1313 comments| 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 9, 2012
I felt a need for this item as I began trying to run emulators and edit documents with my Nexus 7. I had a full-sized keyboard plugged in and felt it was unwieldy and definitely not portable, so I began my search for a cheap solution. That's exactly what I found in this product. Let's break it down:

The Case
--------
The case feels cheap, has hideous stitching and has a flap at the top that loves to hang in-front of the tablet. The brackets for the tablet represent a poor design choice. They are metal, wrapped with faux leather, that must be bent back to accommodate the tablet. It seems like a design choice that would have been made in my dad's shop out back; definitely not an elegant solution. The sizing of the case makes holding and using the tablet while in the case, not impossible, but extremely aggravating. I found myself constantly pulling my tablet out so I could interact with it. I would say that the case is more of a hassle than a help.

The Keyboard
------------
The keyboard... is a keyboard. I have no major complaints about it, nor are there any features that make me want to sing its praises.

The Stylus
----------
The stylus is useless on tablets that are calibrated to finger sizes. It seems that a lot of manufacturers are just trying to get rid of old stock. It's also worth mentioning that the stitching around the holster for the stylus promptly ripped when I first tried to remove it. Luckily it's useless and I could care less about the defect.

Conclusion
----------
If you pay less than 10 bucks for this, then it's not a complete waste, but I would recommend holding out for a while if you have ANY intention of getting a better case and keyboard. I'm fairly frugal and always lean towards economy, but this would have been an exception had I known what I was getting. If I could have wound back the hands of time, I would have told myself to take a look at keyboards in the $20 to $30 range. If you are leaning towards this post-purchase suggesion, then I would also recommend hunting for a case with a detachable keyboard.

---------
What is my case doing now? It's sitting inside my laptop bag getting used to the dark. I've found it easier just to leave my full-size keyboard on my desk with a tablet stand at the ready.
on July 22, 2012
If this was the full $30 I would rate it four stars because the keyboard is a little stiff to type on, but for $10 it is five stars. The clip on one side is adjustable and the Nexus 7 fits perfectly. Note however that for the Nexus 7 you will need a USB-to-micro-USB converter dongle which adds bulk (and I only have a cheap, flaky one - I tested this case with some other devices and it works fine, so it's definitely my microusb connector.) Specifically you will need a dongle that is "USB female to MicroUSB Male". The pop-out stand on the back holds up to the weight just fine.
55 comments| 103 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse