5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish, Affordable Protection for Your iPad
Published 22 months ago by Sasha

3.0 out of 5 stars Took a while to break in
At first we were not as happy with this product as we hoped. The ipad would fall a lot when it was propped up. It has gotten much better as the cover was broken in. It hardly ever falls now.

We were also a little disappointed with the angles it provided. I hoped to have an angle that was good for typing, but it is not quite low enough.

I love how the...
Published on September 13, 2011 by Lindsay Corrigan

3.0 out of 5 stars Took a while to break in, September 13, 2011
This review is from: SANOXY 360 Degrees Rotating Stand (Blue) Leather Case for Apple iPad 2 2nd generation (Electronics)

I love how the cover looks. I was looking for something fun and out of the ordinary because I am a creative professional. The color fits very well with my branding. It is bright and youthful.

The cover is very durable and secure. The ipad stays put inside and all of the openings for the camera, controls, etc. are perfectly placed. Overall we are very pleased.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish, Affordable Protection for Your iPad, September 17, 2012
At a little over $8, this case turns out to be quite a bargain. The color of the case is a nice robin's egg blue--not bright enough to be loud, but not dull enough to avoid standing out a bit from other iPad cases out there. The faux leather is of a durable make, and the case is fastened closed with a wide elastic band that allows for no wiggle room; your iPad fits securely inside the rotating interior shell, so you never have to worry about it falling out.

Once you unfasten the elastic band and open the case, the little magnet inside the folio will automatically turn your iPad on (and off, when it's closed). So far, I've not had any problems with this neat little feature. The swivel allows for landscape and portrait views, depending on what you want. The grooves inside the case seem a little shallow, but the suede lining provides friction which prevents any slippage (so far that I can tell). There are also cutouts in the case for all the necessary ports: headphones, hold and volume buttons, camera, and charging (as well as a hole for the Apple logo to be seen through).

If you want to purchase an iPad case that looks and feels great, functions well, and won't break your bank, I suggest this one. It also comes in a variety of colors apparently-- I kind of wish I got the black or the purple, but the blue looks very nice as well, and I'm very happy with my decision.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap plastic breaks easily, December 29, 2012
Sugardoll (Fanwood, NJ USA) - See all my reviews
I had a similar rotating stand cover for my iPad 2 that I needed to replace because it was getting really dirty, and the rubber molding on the edges of the molded hard shell holding the iPad were starting to come loose. So I ordered this cover. When I received it, I realized it was much more cheaply made compared to my old case. The iPad snaps into a hard single-layer plastic shell (no rubber molding). The plastic is really cheap and brittle and a piece immediately broke off, leaving the corner of the iPad exposed. Also, the shallowest of the three viewing angles is useless - the iPad just slips out of the shallow trough and falls down. I'm sending this back and spending a little more money to buy a better-quality case.

Jan 2012 Update: I'm so frustrated. I've had to return three of these cheap ten dollar rotating stand covers. Here's a summary of all the cases I've tried for the iPad 2:

Here are the cases I've tried for my iPad 2:
1) Gearonic 360° Rotating Magnetic Leather Case Smart Cover with Swivel Stand for iPad 2, Light Blue (344LLPUIB): case served me well, lasted about 8 months before the edges started to fray and deteriorate and the inside just got too dirty.

2) 360 Degrees Rotating Stand (Blue) Leather Case for Apple iPad 2 2nd generation: returned immediately. The molded hard shell was made of very cheap plastic, and a corner of the shell immediately snapped off.

3) Grey 360 degrees Rotating Swivel Magnetic Smart Leather Stand Cover Case iPad 2: The make of this case is "GMYLE." I actually purchased the light blue one, which doesn't seem to be available right now. I returned this immediately - the iPad 2 did not fit into the molded hard shell. I could snap two corners in, but the other two corners wouldn't snap into the shell.

4) Gearonic 360° Rotating Magnetic Leather Case Smart Cover with Swivel Stand for iPad 2, Orange (344OPUIB): I thought this was the same as the "Gearonic" case I purchased last year, just in a different color. Even the title of my old case is similar, so I thought it was the same product: Gearonic 360° Rotating Magnetic Leather Case Smart Cover with Swivel Stand for iPad 2, Light Blue (344LLPUIB). But this new case is different, and not in a good way. The cover is definitely not magnetic, so it does NOT put my iPad to sleep when closed. Also, the hard molded shell of my old blue cover had rubber molding around the edges, providing a snug fit and a second layer of protection for the iPad. This new orange cover has no rubber molding, just a hard molded shell. And the iPad doesn't sit well in the hard shell - it pops out too easily. Also, the grooves for the iPad to sit in are the shallowest I've seen in any case (and I've seen plenty). The lowest position is unusable, as the iPad simply slips out of the groove and falls flat.

5) Yoobao For ZSquare Co iPad 3 Genuine Leather Case - The New iPad 3rd Generation Genuine Leather Case, Black, Automatically Wakes and Puts the iPad 3 to Sleep, Latest Design For New Ipad Ipad 3, Best selling Ipad 2 case creator: I actually bought this for my husband's iPad 3, but he didn't like it. I missed the return window, so I'm stuck with it. So I decided to try it out for myself. The iPad 2 fits. It's not a rotating stand, so I'm going to miss that feature. Also, I'm not sure if I'm going to like the leather frame that borders the screen. It doesn't have an elastic band to hold the cover closed. But it's sleek, light, made of REAL leather and the magnetic feature works. It was thirty dollars, more than I wanted to spend, but since I'm stuck with it anyway, I might as well use it.

6) Targus THZ045US Versavu 360 Degrees Rotating Stand Case for Apple iPad 2 (Black/Blue Interior) - this is the old version of the Versavu - no magnet in cover, only 2 viewing positions. But it's a quality case. The newer version of the Versavu Targus Versavu for iPad 3 and iPad 4th Generation, Wi-Fi / 4G Model 16GB, 32GB, 64GB THZ156US (Black) (which my husband has for his iPad 3) is a very well-designed case - 3 very deep position grooves, stylus holder, plush gray interior. It's pricey (though I snagged it on sale for thirty-six dollars), but worth it.

My conclusion? You get what you pay for. If you buy one of these cheap ten dollar cases, be prepared for flaws. Also, I think many of these product names are just arbitrary - you never know what you're going to get. I think these vendors just send out random generic cases.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works!, October 21, 2012
This case work, looks great and does just what it should. Secure protection. Rotates smoothly and the angles are good for watching movies.

3.0 out of 5 stars Does not stand up, February 2, 2012
This would be a fantastic case if the iPad would stand up. It has gotten worse the more that I use the case. It was just the last position at first and now it is the last 2.

1.0 out of 5 stars Product does not fit iPad2, April 22, 2012
I purchased this product anticipating that it should fit the iPad2 with no issue since it's been out for so long. This did NOT fit the iPad 2.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Case For the Price, November 27, 2012
It is a good case that protects your ipad 2 and allows it to stand horizontally or vertically. I bought several of these to use in my classroom, since I am using the ipads in my classroom with my students. They are easy for the children to use and add a little bit of extra protection. I love that they allow the ipads to stand instead of laying on the table. Sometimes they fall down but can easily be put right back into place into the stand. For the Price you can't go wrong.

3.0 out of 5 stars iPad cover is too stiff, October 28, 2012
This case allows your iPad to stand securely but you have to rotate the cover to use it and it is not flexible.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waster your money, February 27, 2012
Don't waste your money......this is cheaply made....and does not stand up correctly. When you try and watch a video it keeps falling. I really dislike this product.

1.0 out of 5 stars WON'T STAY IN CASE-IPAD SCREEN IS CRACKED!!, June 1, 2013
I am not a happy buyer. The ipad does not snap securely into case. I stood up and it slid right out and hit the ceramic floor. CRACKED!! I should have left it in my other case, never had any issues!!
Very angry right now!!