1,024 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential
Using the OTG adapter with my XOOM (ICS) is as easy as plugging the micro-USB end into the tablet's port and then connecting... whatever into the USB receptacle at the other end. Given the super-low price, getting the adapter is a no-brainer.

So far, I've done the following successfuly:

- Attached a flash drive, played video, music off it (very...
Published on July 20, 2012 by A. Dent

1.0 out of 5 stars Wrong Item!
Published 16 months ago by RanChanGT

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential, July 20, 2012
This review is from: SANOXY USB 2.0 Female to Micro USB Male OTG On-The-Go Cable Adapter for Samsung Galaxy s2 i9100 (Electronics)

So far, I've done the following successfuly:

- Attached a flash drive, played video, music off it (very nice).
- Connected a keyboard. A little awkward because of all the wiring but it works.
- Connected a memory card reader and browsed through the photos stored there.
- Attached a USB hub and was able to access the flash drive and the memory card reader.

This worked well on my XOOM and friends using a Galaxy Tab and an Acer Iconia Tab 500 told me that it worked with their tablets as well. At this price, it's worth a try but keep in mind that it may take 'forever' or 3-4 weeks rather for you to get it. It took mine about 4 weeks to arrive.

____________________________________________

NOTE:

If anyone is wondering why such a miracle add-on can be so inexpensive, here is the explanation. You are buying a micro-USB (plug) to Type-A USB (receptacle) converter wire, nothing more. The magic comes from USB OTG (USB On-the-Go) which is a USB 2.0 spec allowing devices such as a tablet to easily two-way communicate with peripherals such as flash drives or USB keyboards.

You should consider this:

* Your tablet will take advantage of the interface IF it supports USB OTG
* It's possible that not all the USB-connected devices will work because both ends need to understand USB OTG
* Similar adapters are likely to work

5.0 out of 5 stars Responsible for the greatest defeat in cell phone history, April 21, 2012
It's no secret in the world of smartphones that Android and Iphone are competing for world domination. It's also common in my little area of the world for individuals that carry one or the other to walk around with an air of superiority and a certainty that their device is the best and their OS is supreme. In my office, we are split about 50/50 on this debate and the fans of the Iphone get a lot more ribbing for being "Apple Fanboys" than they deserve. It's all in good fun though, well, it was until Ryan threw his Iphone 4s across the office in frustration. The adaptor here is responsible for the whole thing.

In typical office shenanigans we had spent several weeks trying to destroy some free goods we'd received from one of our vendors. In this case it was an inflatable basketball. No matter how hard we tried to squish or jump on this thing, we could not get it to pop. It was indestructible free crap from china. Refusing to be defeated I met Ryan in the parking lot with this ball one morning and handed him my Android phone (Galaxy S2) and told him he would video me squishing this stupid ball with my big truck. He did, it was epic, and loud. He wanted a copy of the video and this is when we got a lesson in iOS vs. Android compatibility. (Video is on youtube but I can't link to it in a review so if you're curious search for it yourself, something like `defeating the uncrushable ball')

Well, during our struggles to transfer this 50mb video to his iPhone he tells me my USB port simply does not work the way I think it does. I advised him he was wrong, and that my phone is essentially a mini-computer. He said, "no, it's a phone. It's not like you can take a usb mouse and plug it into your usb port on your phone and it'll work." So I said, "I really don't see why it wouldn't." Luckily, the mouse on my desktop computer at work is USB, so I unplugged it and using the adapter I had just received from Amazon inserted it into my phone. Notification bar displayed "USB Mouse detected" and a mouse pointer appeared on my phones screen. Ryan uttered some expletives and grabbed the mouse, controlling the pointer, and started double clicking widgets and launching apps directly on my phone with the mouse. I asked him "what? your fancy iphone can't do that?" He replied, "no, well not like that, there are steps you have to take. That is effin awesome." Then, in apparent frustration, he grabs his iPhone 4 and launches it across the office until it splats loudly against someones cube. I asked him why he just threw a $600 phone and his reply was "Because it's a piece of @#$%".

Yes, a ridiculous overreaction. That's what made it so funny.

This beautiful moment was made possible by the adapter I purchased here. It worked flawlessly in my time of need. It singlehandedly humbled an iPhone user. It arrived quickly and safely the day before this event. And as far as the cellphone debate goes, I received a text from Ryan yesterday. He reserved a HTC One X for purchase on release day. One adapter, one mouse, no more iPhone. Sometimes I guess it's just that easy to pull a fanboy away from his Apple. Also, he is going to order himself this adapter based on its flawless performance in our office as well as it's cheap price and fast shipping.

FWIW - I love both phones. I've switched sides a few times and can't decide which is better. Liking my S2 right now though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great for Sony S1 tablet, December 14, 2011
I bought this for my Sony S1 tablet and it works great for way less than what it costs at the Sony store.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Nexus 7, November 6, 2012
I bought this for my Nexus 7 tablet. It works with Nexus Media Importer to read a PNY 64GB usb drive. It also works with a ps3 controller to play games. I've tried Dead Trigger, John NES Lite, SNESDroid, and Mupen64 Plus. Funny thing was I had to get the controller to work with my pc before it would work with my tablet. I don't know why. Both of these things I was able to do without rooting it. Just to try it, I plugged in a logitech mouse, a little cursor appeared, and it worked fine too.

I also received it a week before Amazon's shipping estimate, of course, your mileage may vary.

5.0 out of 5 stars HTC EVO 4G LTE, September 17, 2012
Sadly this item does not work on the evo lte. Not until HTC decides to support OTG cables. It works perfectly on my nexus 7.

4.0 out of 5 stars Consider the 90 degree angel version..., February 11, 2013
I think the 90 degree angle version works better by minimizing the inconvenience of having an adapter hanging off the end. If you're leaning it against something the angled version tucks behind the device (I use it on an S3, Note2, and a Nexus 10).
I have a couple of these and the biggest difference that I notice between the more expensive ones and the really cheap ones is that the metal part of micro USB end doesn't fully insert into the device on the cheap ones. Presumably the more expensive adapters are manufactured to tighter tolerances. I've noticed that when the male end of the adapter doesn't insert fully it seems to have enough leverage to wiggle and then loosen the female end of the connection inside the device. Considering the relative expense of a new S3, Note2, or Nexus 10, I'm more comfortable paying $6 or $7 than skimping with a $1 adapter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Glad I bought!, January 19, 2012
The item came quickly and works perfectly. I bought it to allow for data transfer from a thumb drive to my Samsung Galaxy 2 phone, and it does exactly what I wanted it to do. The adapter is slightly different than the one pictured (mine is straight, as opposed to the picture which has an "L" turn at the micro end). It doesn't change the functionality at all, and I actually prefer this version.

Great product!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Cable, September 28, 2011
This is a good cable, and it worked well. It is not a USB host mode cable (which allows you to plug in devices and have them recognized by your device), it merely converts the USB port from micro to regular size.

1.0 out of 5 stars Wrong Item!, August 23, 2013
Neither the description or the picture represent what you get. What came in the package was a right angled OTG cable. Problem with that is I already have one of those and just wanted a simple straight one. When I'm using the right angle ones, the cable blocks my other ports on my tablet. The description doesn't say it's right angled and none of the pictures depicts it as right angled and yet what do I get.... Another friggin right angled cable. Problem is it's too cheap to return, and cost just enough to be irritating. I bought this off of amazon prime, so I guess it was fulfilled by them, hope others have better luck or just don't care that it's not a straight cable.

1.0 out of 5 stars Can't be sure which merchants sell a working version., November 19, 2013
Did not perform as advertised on a compatible device. Product differs a bit from the photo here on Amazon. Absolutely no power/data transfer happens under any of the conditions I tested. I bought mine from "WellGoal" which I believe was the default merchant at the time.