5,917 Reviews
 (2,159)
 (1,115)
 (1,229)

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I wanted -- and exactly what I paid for.
When I bought this keyboard, I knew I was getting a generic Apple knock-off, that wasn't as high-quality as a genuine Apple product. It was also a lot cheaper.

Published on March 22, 2011 by Susan Beth Allerheiligen

3.0 out of 5 stars Works, material fine, lag though
I recently purchased this keyboard in hopes of using it with my first generation iPad. I didn't feel like spending $60 for another Bluetooth Keyboard (my girlfriend has the official Apple keyboard). This keyboard is a decent enough alternative to the high priced Apple keyboard but does have a few hickups.

Firstly the keyboard is not made out of the junk most...
Published on April 26, 2012 by A. Schneider

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I wanted -- and exactly what I paid for., March 22, 2011
Susan Beth Allerheiligen (Chesapeake, VA United States) - See all my reviews

And that's just what I needed. I specifically bought this keyboard so I could type on my iPhone while I'm in the car. I needed one that was just the bare basics -- as small as it could be while still standard-spaced keys. I also didn't want to pay too much, since I'd only use it every so often when we go on road-trips. I have a Rocketfish Bluetooth keyboard which I do most of my heavy-duty typing on, though it's a bit of a beast as far as size goes, so having something this portable is awesome.

Pros:

-- Slim, Sleek design -- exactly as pictured, nice and concise.
-- Quiet keys indeed -- almost exactly like my ASUS laptop keys. Quiet and smooth.
-- Long battery life -- haven't tested it yet, but the seller reports 3 months continuous use.
-- Relatively solid construction -- it doesn't feel flimsy, at all. Definitely not aluminum, but it's not like I'm going to be storing my jewelry in it or riding it down the street.
-- Price -- Half as much -shipped- as the Apple keyboard's -list price-.
-- Functional Hot Keys! -- They definitely work! Though, I can't quite figure out what the flower is supposed to do... So perhaps that one doesn't work -- it just makes the screen go black.

Cons:

-- All plastic -- Unlike the Apple keyboard, there's no anodized aluminum frame here.
-- Unfunctional Hot key? -- the aforementioned flower... maybe it's an iPad thing.
-- Connect button -- It's a bit hard to press, and if I didn't have long nails, I think I'd have to get something to push it with.
-- Bit slow -- There is a slight delay between 'waking' the keyboard and it typing again, and it seems to go to sleep after not too long. However, this may be an iPhone software sort of thing, rather than specific to the keyboard.

Overall:
It's always important to do your research. Are you getting an Apple-quality keyboard for $30? No. But, you are getting a tidy little keyboard, that looks very sleek, types very smooth, and didn't break the bank. As long as you don't go dropping it, the plastic construction isn't going to be a problem. And hey, if you do? You can probably get another one, and still come out cheaper than the Apple. X) We'll see how long the silver paint lasts, though...

On the flip side, if you're going for longevity, power use, dedicated desktop keyboard, etc... it's probably best to make the investment.

Hopefully, this helped you be a little more informed so, like me, you can find exactly what you were looking for. X) <3

3.0 out of 5 stars Works, material fine, lag though, April 26, 2012

Firstly the keyboard is not made out of the junk most reviewers would lead you to believe. Sure it's made out of plastic but it's just as sturdy as the original. It doesn't have a brushed metal top but is made from relatively sturdy plastics all the same. I had the mistaken impression that the keyboard would be filmsy: it's not. I have absolutely no qualms with the construction of the keyboard: you're actually getting a seemingly well made keyboard for $16.

Also other reviews point to buttons that don't work. This is misleading. The original Apple Bluetooth was designed for desktop Macs as well as iPads therefore some of those keyboard functions don't work: this keyboard's functions work well and solely for the iPad. The keyboard, while it does work for other Bluetooth devices, caters to iPads for all generations (I've tested this on my iPad and my girlfriend's brand new iPad).

Past reviewers state how the "connect" button in the back is hard to push in. It's not. It isn't really "depressed" which leaves it easy to tap. The "on/off" switch behind it is as easy to activate as turning the keyboad over and sliding it to the side. Also note that I'v never needed to actually hit the "connect" button. The keyboard's Bluetooth capabilities function well: pairing is always automatic in every device I've used with the keyboard.

My biggest complaint is that if you type fast - I type over 100 wpm - you'll notice a slight lag. This lag, although slight, is extremely annoying. You may find yourself hitting backspace a lot to go back and ensure an extra character is where you need it. This flaw may make you want to stay clear of the keyboard but other more forgiving reviewers may accept this as a neccessary evil ($16 compared to $60? I'm still debating whether it's worth it).

Look. You're paying for a knockoff. The "on/off" switch is in the back, white on white, there's a notable lag when typing fast and for those that like the cool feel of metal, there's none of that. But if you need a cheap Bluetooth keyboard that works and won't let you down, pick this up. 3/5 -- all lag, no complaints other than that -- if you're like me you'll probably keep it but rate it the same for the exact same reason.

Note: I'm not "vertified" as having purchased the product because I used my family account to do so.

1,354 of 1,413 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Great keyboard/cover for Coby Kyros MID7024 & easy fixes for other reviewer's complaints, November 7, 2011
This review is from: SANOXY 7 INCH TABLET STAND WITH MICRO USB KEYBOARD, VEGAN PU LEATHER USB KEYBOARD CASE/COVER STAND FOR ANDROID 7 INCH TABLET PC (7 INCH TABLET BLACK) (Electronics)
NOTE: THIS DOES NOT WORK WITH ANY KINDLE PRODUCT AS FAR AS I KNOW - PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME QUESTIONS ABOUT KINDLES OR KINDLE FIRES AS I DO NOT OWN ONE. THIS IS A REVIEW FOR THIS KEYBOARD COVER WITH A COBY KYROS - I DO NOT OWN OTHER E-READERS AND CANNOT OFFER ADVICE ON THOSE PRODUCTS!

I bought this after reading many reviews on here and noting that many people said it worked with Coby Kyros. Shipping was FAST! I got it in 4 days with two of them being weekend days. The case is nice and sturdy, great hardcover protection. I was aware it came with the keyboard and plug, and that I would have to use my adapter that came with my Coby Kyros, but it was a pleasant surprise to find a stylus was also included and that there is a nice holder for that and for the cord that holds the plug for the keyboard.

Many people have mentioned this case does not fit their 7-inch tablets, but there is a VERY EASY fix. Before placing your tablet into the 3 prongs, first bend the prongs downward (toward the case backing) a little further than they are currently seated. I did this and my 7-inch Kyros (which originally just slipped right in) now fits snugly in the 3 holders. I even held it over my bed and vigorously shook the case up and down while it was open and my tablet never fell out or even slipped at all. It's much easier and less "messy" than one other reviewer's suggestion of using Velcro - and much easier to get the tablet in and out this way.

Finally, when I first connected my adapter that came with my tablet to the keyboard adapter I was very disappointed that nothing happened. I tried several different browser pages, mashed all the buttons on the keyboard, clicked on the Function key and snooze button twice in case it was in sleep mode, etc. but nothing happened. I finally kept reading reviews on here and noticed on about page 3 or 4 that someone mentioned they changed their USB settings and their keyboard finally started working. So, I immediately went to my Settings, Advanced Settings, and then USB BUS MODE and changed it from DEVICE mode to HOST mode and VOILA - the keyboard immediately started functioning. Not only that, but I can have it connected or not connected and both the external keyboard and my device keyboard still function normally. For anyone that hooks it up to their tablet and thinks it is not actually working - please try this and it might save you the time and hassle of sending it back to the manufacturer.

I have so far been able to browse faster, type more quickly and get through many more screens faster using this keyboard and cover than I was ever able to do with my fingers and stylus with the tablet and device keyboard in the past. I am going to LOVE this purchase!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Apple Blue tooth keyboard, August 18, 2011
I ordered this to use when doing email on my IPAD. I am not big on the touch screen keyboard for email. I selected this based on some other customer reviews after I had ordered and tried 2 different flexible keyboards I thought would be great that I was not satisfied with. This keyboard has all the apple function keys, and works flawlessly so far (2 months). It works every time you turn it back on- sync's automatically every time. I also just had chance to compare it to the actual Apple version, and this one looks almost exactly the same. The Apple keyboard has a real metal surface, and I cooler battery housing molded into the design, but it is also over 2 times the cost. The keys are exactly the same.

4.0 out of 5 stars How to fix USB not recognizing keyboard problem, January 21, 2012
For those who can't get their keyboard recognized by their tablet, this person's review also fixed my problem. Quoted below..... and the first thing you need is a usb to mini usb converter (check your connection type), which I ordered on Amazon for only $1.35.

"When I first connected my adapter that came with my tablet to the keyboard adapter I was very disappointed that nothing happened. I tried several different browser pages, but nothing happened. I read reviews on here and noticed on about that someone mentioned they changed their USB settings and their keyboard finally started working. So, I immediately went to my Settings, Advanced Settings, and then USB BUS MODE and changed it from DEVICE mode to HOST mode and VOILA - the keyboard immediately started functioning. Not only that, but I can have it connected or not connected and both the external keyboard and my device keyboard still function normally. For anyone that hooks it up to their tablet and thinks it is not actually working - please try this and it might save you the time and hassle of sending it back to the manufacturer."

5.0 out of 5 stars NOT COMPATIBLE WITH KINDLE FIRE!, December 20, 2011
The keyboard is really good so I was HUGELY disappointed when I found out it is incompatible with my Kindle Fire! The keys are wide and I can use my big old gorilla knuckle-draggers on it with no problem. The stylus is garbage but the case looks good for a faux leather. Where am I going to find a compatible keyboard for the FIRE?..... I recommend this product for the tablets it is compatible with. For the price there is none better!

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Product Description, February 1, 2012
Its really hard for me to rate this item but I will give the seller kudos for a quick delivery. I was really looking forward to recieving this. Once it arrived I immediatly found out that without a USB connecton kit this would not attatch to my 7" tablet. So had to order a USB connection kit. Once it arrived and I got it and the keyboard all hooked up to my tablet, it would not work. Nor would any setting options that came with my tablet ALLOW me to connect this keyboard. What the Product Description does not tell you is that this does not work with the Samsung Galaxy 7" tablet. It took my looking through several sellers' sites until I found one that states in the header: Tabletpc Epad Apad MID Laptop Notebook Usb2.0 Stylus Stand, to understand that it was not designed for ALL 7" TABLETS. Of course I did not find this info out until after I purchased mine. I have not tried to send it back due to the cost to return.. I look at it I am just out the money. Fortunatly I can still use the USB connecter so I am not out that money too.

Needless to say I had to give this a 1 star rating as it doesnt work with my tablet. Hope this helps any future 7" Galaxy owners the cost, time, and inconvienience.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!!!!!, September 20, 2011
I'm sooo happy with this item no problems at all, my Android Tablet looks like a laptop, this is a very nice product I bought 2 of this one for my tablet and the other one for my wife's Pandigital both are working perfect and very convenience instead of carrying my 15" laptop everywhere with me. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars &" tablet stand with keyboard, October 28, 2011
trid2bnrml (Portland Oregon) - See all my reviews
When I ordered this case, I expected the bare minimum. What I got was a very decent quality accessory for my tablet PC. The keyboard uses a USB port and worked well. I even plugged it into my laptop and desktop USB ports and it worked as an auxiliary keyboard on them too. When you prop it up with the little stand, it looks like a mini laptop pc. I think all tablet pcs should have one.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great Idea... disappointing product, May 6, 2012
I love the lightweight aspect of this keyboard and the fact that it covered the iPad for protection. The reading angle was fine for me. However, you have to use the iPad horizontal because vertically, it just falls over. The light didn't remain on per the documentation. Also, the keys required too much distance when used which was awkward. Finally, the side of the case interfered with the space bar. I am in the process returning this product.

Rate and Discover Movies