1,268 Reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple, cheap, effective
After three weeks using this case with the iPad2:
This is a perfect starter case, particularly if you are gifting or new to the iPad experience and don't yet know what features you'll really want in a case. It protects the iPad2 and allows for portable, versatile use.

Published on March 7, 2012 by T. Nash

1.0 out of 5 stars Crap
Published on June 30, 2012 by BammalamaBoo

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple, cheap, effective, March 7, 2012
This review is from: SANOXY IPAD 2/3/4 Vegan PU Leather Case With Stand for Apple IPAD 2/3/4 (Black) (Electronics)
After three weeks using this case with the iPad2:

NOTE: I have sensitivity to off-gasses. After opening, I had to place this case in another room to air out for a full day before I could use it comfortably. By the third day, the issue was completely resolved.

PROS:
- It stands well, for viewing videos and slide shows. (Vertical landscape)
- The slight angle it provides by laying it horizontally (landscape) works surprisingly well for typing and swiping.
- It does not stand hands-free in portrait, but it is still lightweight enough to hold in one hand while swiping and tapping.
- The magnet in the cover works to sleep the iPad2 , as advertised.
- Protective and discreet (looks more like a notebook than an iPad)

CONS:
- No portrait stand (I've missed it only a little)
- The simple tab in the back used to 'create' the stand will start to stretch out over time and create a less secure ability to prop the iPad2 for typing (though it should have no effect on standing it for viewing purposes). If you have a little velcro tab (office supplies), you can correct this easily.

I love this case. As I use my new iPad more and more, I'll have a better idea of the features I'll really want in a case -- and I fully expect to upgrade. But I don't feel the need to hurry. In the meantime, this case covers most of my needs and is inexpensive enough that I won't feel wasteful when I move on.

I paired the case purchase with screen protectors and a stylus, both of which are working well for me so far. (Screen protectors are tricky to put on - read the reviews for tips.) The stylus clips easily over the edges of this case; like a pen to a notebook.

Screen Protector:
myGear Products LifeGuard and SunBlock Screen Protector Films for Apple iPad 2 2nd Generation - (4-Pack) 2 Clear and 2 Anti-Glare

Stylus:
Kensington 2nd Generation Apple iPad 1 and 2 / iPhone / iPod / Motorola Xoom Tablet / Galaxy / Blackberry Playbook Virtuoso Touch Screen Stylus and Pen (White) Newest Model

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Product, October 28, 2011
Good product overall. Definitely a good option, to the $40+ cases you find at a retailer. The cons I found were, the side entry for the iPad as a small flap that goes under the iPad, and it could make it bulky for the case to close completely,...no biggie really. The one part I did not like very much is the access to the top and side controls (power&volume), its not what you call easy access, even though, it has openings for said controls, you still have to make your way in there a little bit,....but all outputs have there designated openings. The Cameras on both sides have the opening, however, I did notice the front camera is not really centered to the opening, so it can easy be covered by the case if you move the iPad too much,...with that said, the case does control the iPad inside fairly secure.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality. Easy to use, October 14, 2011
Been using this for a week. I compare it to the $60 version you can buy at the Apple store but it's under $7. It even magnetically shuts just like the Apple one. Totally worth the money. Buy it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Crap, June 30, 2012
I suspect that what you get here depends entirely upon who the seller is (and probably, what they happen to have in stock at the time). I made it a point, by the way, to order from a US seller, yet the case that I received is basically so cheaply manufactured that it's barely even functional. For one thing, it does not fit my iPad 2 well at all! I sort of had to force it in there and there are creases and weird folds where the seams have been sewn crookedly so the case doesn't lay flat with the screen (not only does this invite dust and crap to collect in these areas, but it also prevents the front cover from closing due to all the bulges). The sleep feature is a joke (as far as I can tell they didn't even attempt to include it on mine), and while you may not care about that, consider that this case sort of blocks the real sleep button, making it more difficult to get to. As if that's not enough, the front cover was cut and sewn crookedly as well, so it basically had no hope of ever fitting correctly and it's all resulted in what I can only describe as one of the most unsightly cases I've ever dealt with. I mean it is better than nothing i suppose...and it will have to do until my order for a different case comes in, but this is actually something that i'm embarrassed to carry around in public--and for me, that's saying something because I usually don't care about stuff like that.

UPDATE: I cant really raise the product review for it, but my seller ended up contacting me due to my negative feedback and I received a full refund, which was very decent of them considering I hadn't bothered with requesting a return.

1.0 out of 5 stars Diasappointed, March 2, 2012
I am very disappointed in this product. No matter what I do, the flap on the iPad cover will not lay flat(I have placed heavy books on it,etc.);thus the screen always stays illuminated and will not turn off when this cover is placed on my ipad.No longer trying to use this product.

1.0 out of 5 stars DOES NOT HOLD UP THE IPAD AT ALL., March 9, 2012
This item is good for only one thing, its looks. Other than that it's worthless. It does not hold up the ipad at all. The ipad constantly falls back dues to the flimsy binding and poor center of gravity. I also had to jam my ipad2 in to make it fit so that the camera and home buttons are available. The volume, power and lock button openings are useless as you have to push the ipad back and forth to expose them.

2.0 out of 5 stars It is not for new IPAD., May 1, 2012
I purchased it one month ago. Its auto turn on/off function does not work for my new IPAD. I am very disappointed with the seller's advertisement that describes this product is suitable for IPAD2/new IPAD. The leather quality is ok so I give it 2 stars.

1.0 out of 5 stars disappointed, February 6, 2012
I ordered one for my mothers Ipad2 that she just got and the case didn't fit. It must be for a regular ipad.

So yup I was disappointed.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't Buy It., January 3, 2012
Bought a real leather one on Ebay for my wife. It is great. This one is not. Cheap plastic crap and the fit is marginal but okay, but the magnetic switch does not activate for me. I'm sending this one back and I have already ordered the replacement from the same vendor where we got my wife's. My advice is to pay a few more dollars and get more quality than this product.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Suitable for White Ipad2, December 16, 2011
The case isnt cut very well for the white ipad2.

The screen rectangle cut is not aligned correctly for the white ipad2. This is why the camera on the front isnt aligned as well. When the white ipad 2 is in the case, part of the ipad is actually outside the cover hence not aligning with the cut of the screen. In other words, I do not get an even white border when the ipad 2 is in the case. I guess this problem is not noticed if you have a black ipad 2. I am having to constantly adjust the ipad2 to fit the cover properly. Even when I get the ipad2 to show an even white border, the cover doesnt fit the camera on the front. I guess I got what I paid for.