5.0 out of 5 stars Prevented Lots of Sinus Headaches
These have worked out better than expected and stay on snuggly by placing the string behind each ear. They have spared me from sinus headaches that I get when dust is raised, either by the vacuum cleaner, or the dirt and weeds in our desert yard. If I forget to put one on before exposing myself, I am sure to get a headache.
Published on March 9, 2010 by James Wolfe

2.0 out of 5 stars A Typical Dust Mask With A Weak Rubber Band
These dust masks bear the brand name "SAS Safety Corp". Their design and size is typical of those you find in hardware stores. It is the same size as similar dusts masks made by 3M, about 4 7/8 inches tall by 5 inches wide by 2 1/8 inches from back to tip of nose. The rubber band on these masks beaks more easily than the rubber band on other brands of dust mask...
Published 19 months ago by Stephen Tashiro

5.0 out of 5 stars Prevented Lots of Sinus Headaches, March 9, 2010
This review is from: SAS Safety 2985 Non-Toxic Dust Mask Box of 50 (Tools & Home Improvement)

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent Value, November 3, 2010
Archer Koch (Santa Cruz, CA, USA) - See all my reviews
Our farm hands wear these masks while mucking dusty horse stalls in our barn. They work fine and are pretty reasonably priced compared to what the box stores offer (with free/prime shipping anyway). We've been through many boxes with no complaints (until we run out).

2.0 out of 5 stars A Typical Dust Mask With A Weak Rubber Band, April 22, 2013

This is the type of mask that protects against "nuisance dust" and is not recommended to protect against dust from sanding or from fumes. The mask itself is as good as other masks I've used, but since the rubber band that holds the mask to your face breaks so easily, I rate the product as 2 stars out of 5 to indicate that it is below average. If you are very careful with the mask or patient enough to staple your own rubber band to it, it will be an average product.

I'm not trying to rate this box of masks as a financial deal. Prices of items on Amazon can vary a lot from week to week.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for the money, March 28, 2012
Perfect for yard work and dusty conditions. Great quality for the money. Not the thin cheap masks
that do not hold their shape. Needless to say, I am very pleased with this product.

4.0 out of 5 stars works ok, January 25, 2012
I'll give it a 4 since it does say it's a nuisance dust mask on the box. I don't think you would use this in a shop or work environment with lots of dust. It only has one band, so it definitely does not fit as snug as a 2 band mask. probably why it's not NIOSH approved. but it states that in the description so you can't totally fault it. good for light duty.

5.0 out of 5 stars No funky smell!, December 19, 2012
This is a great mask for dust-prevention. I'm working on some sanding projects and this mask set does the trick. They don't smell funny or inhibit breathing and definitely keep particles out of your airways. Highly recommended for anyone looking for reliable protection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super good deal., November 28, 2012
I use these when I clean out my cats' litter box! Otherwise all that dust gets into my lungs. Great?

5.0 out of 5 stars Health Savers, December 27, 2011
I ordered this set of dust masks because cleaning my apartment or the theater I work at can get a little messy at times with lots of airborne particles involved. There is a scent to them like others have noted but it isn't terribly overpowering to the senses. The scent actually helps out if you are working in a slightly less than fragrant area. If you decide to be thrifty and to use the same mask for an extended period of time, the scent will either fade or you will just get used to it. Worth a look for anyone that doesn't need a specialized dust mask.

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and Cheap, August 30, 2012
These were the bottom of the barrel for keeping smells out. They only have one loop to keep them in place and that is just not enough. I had to send them back, spend alot more, and then I got a good mask.

4.0 out of 5 stars Dust Mask, July 12, 2012
The dust mask is better than average. Nose fitter is of sturdy metal that holds its shape nicely. Straps are securely fastened and of a strong stretchy material. Have some in 3 work places and each vehicle.

SAS Safety 2985 Non-Toxic Dust Mask Box of 50