4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad for the money

2.0 out of 5 stars so so
Published on July 21, 2010 by Carl D. Savard

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad for the money, February 1, 2009
H. Waldman (Somerset, NJ USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 3 in 1 USB 2.0 To SATA / IDE Adapter Cable + Power Cord (Electronics)
I purchased this product because I needed to be able to access a spare hard drive occasionally and I wanted something simpler than opening up the computer case. It does what it is supposed to do. I connected a IDE harddrive and afterwards a SATA harddrive to it and in a few moments my Win XP machine was able to read the drive through the USB port. This product is not the best quality, it was a little difficult to connect the SATA adapter connection to the base device but for $10.50 I can live with that. For me, this is all I need and would recommend it anyone who doesn't want to spend a lot of money and only needs to use this on occasion. Anyone who would need to access a hard drive through a USB port on a daily basis should look for something sturdier. Also, Enforcity shipped this out very promptly and I received it just a few day after ordering it.

2.0 out of 5 stars so so, July 21, 2010
seller was very fast getting the product to me. however the 5 prong connection was messed up i contacted the seller about it who apologized and said i could return it if i eat the shipping cost. i replied asking about just replacing the 5 prong connection and received no response...by the time i pay all the shipping for a return and replacement i would have payed for a new one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Recommended for all desktop computer users, December 21, 2012
Worked great. Did exactly what it was supposed to do and at a great price. I was able to access a crashed hard drive and retrieve all data simply by hooking up the drive and connecting it to the USB port of a working computer.

5.0 out of 5 stars No need for drivers whatsoever., January 14, 2011
This kit is pretty good, because it lets you access a hard drive as if it was an USB drive! I can access a dead computer's hard drive with ease and recover all the information I thought I had lost. It doesn't even need the power supply, since the hard drive (I assume it's like a laptop hard drive that uses the USB port to power up). So... it's great! And the price is quite good, since it comes with the powers supply, and the adapter for 2 different kinds of HDs...

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I needed, May 11, 2010
I had a laptop that died, and I needed a way to get the data off the hard drives in it. This adapter worked like a champ, and was a lot less expensive than purchasing an external drive enclosure. I was able to connect the hard drives to my new computer and copy everything I need over without any trouble. Shipping was very fast, and the package arrived within a few days. Thank you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, June 21, 2013
This was a great product to retrieve data from my old computer. I even used it to hook my old laptop hard drive in to my desktop tower.

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work, the seler did not respond to my e-mails, October 11, 2012
I bought this product and it did not work. I sent 3 e-mails to the company but they did not respond to my mails. The CD that comes with the product needs a serial code that was not included. I lost my money and time

1.0 out of 5 stars Caught fire first time used, February 25, 2014
Looks like the Chinese mafia overlooked something in their quality control procedures. Within minutes after plugging it in the power cord running from 115V to the DC adapter smoked and caught fire. Not good.

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not work..., February 17, 2014
Mike Riley (Buckeye, AZ, US) - See all my reviews
Made of cheap material, can not connect to IDE cables, this product was put together in a hurry without proper control checks.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect tool to get the job done, August 6, 2011
it was exactly what i needed for only 1/10 of the price of competitors! great for getting data off of hard drives that do not boot to windows or hard drives not currently in a computer! thanks again

Rate and Discover Movies