2-Year PC Peripherals Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
SATA 2nd HDD caddy for 12.7mm Universal CD/DVD-ROM
|Price:||$7.23 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Improve laptop performance and capacity with extra hard drive
- Fully integrated into laptop, no cables/PSU/software driver needed.
- Uses 2.5" SATA hard drives 12.7mm-high
- Fast & Reliable connection in laptop, just as the primary HDD
- Note: Please check the below cool item, that will turn your original 12.7mm sata connection drive into an external DVD drive, better yet, no AC adapter needed; External case for 12.7mm Sata DVD drive.£¨Only a case, not included any drive ); What is included: 1 x Hard Dive Caddy; 4 x Hard Drive Screws
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Color: HD Caddy
Top Customer Reviews
Here is how to install it:
1. Remove the battery first and make sure you don't have the power supply plugged in.
2.Read more ›
The only cons is that the unit does NOT come with screws (contrary to the picture in the item listing). I happen to have a screw with a flat head (rounded head screws did not work for me since the slot opening of my laptop is just big enough to hold the caddy. The unit does come with one screw "built into" the unit on one side, but it is not enough to hold the HDD securely in place. Also, there are only 2 holes for screws not 4. But this seems to be enough to hold it securely in place.
Overall I am very satisfied with this purchase. Only 4 stars because of a lack of screws. Keep in mind this unit fits only inside 12.7mm height slots and holds no bigger than 9.5mm height HDD's.
Apple Model No: A1225 (EMC 2267) Model ID: iMac9,1
To remove the front plastic panel you need to unscrew the metal plate on the caddy. Not sure why the screw would be hidden under the sticker.
There were no screws attached in my unit.
As far as performance goes, it will only be as fast as your onboard SATA controller. I've seen someone downrating this product because their ***ONBOARD*** SATA controller was only SATA1 (which makes total sense on older computers that didn't have such a fast dvd burner).
Installing the HD into the adapter is pretty straight forward. You have to use a bracket that must be removed from the CD/DVD Drive. The holes in the adapter need to be threaded with the bracket screws (Push real hard while screwing them in).
Instructions for installing the HD into the bracket are printed on the adapter.
4 mounting screws are provided, they are to be screwed into the sides of the HD. A clip must be (carefully) pried out of the adapter. Adjust the screws to align the HD in the adapter. Slide it onto the connector and snap the clip back in place.
The front plastic bezel is a little too long for my Asus, I trimmed it to fit using a side cutters.
I put everything back together and fired up the laptop, It found the HD and all is good.
This is a great price (with free shipping) the adapter works as advertised and it got here earlier than I expected.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
It's a simple device which converts the CD-ROM bay into a a secondary HD bay. So there is nothing that can go wrong here. Well, life isn't all that simple is it? Read morePublished 21 hours ago by The Admin
Worked perfectly in my Sony VPCF127FX laptop. Found out about these at the link below and this product matched what was shown there. I didn't have to cut/modify any part of it. Read morePublished 14 days ago by Fletch
To start off this will fit a Lenovo Thinkpad E545 optical drive slot. In order for it to properly fit and stay in place you will need to remove the bezel from the optical drive and... Read morePublished 16 days ago by Arke
It does exactly what it's supposed to do. Amazing price. Pretty easy to change faceplate to one on my laptop. I now have 128GB SSD OS drive and a 500GB HDD Data drive on my laptop. Read morePublished 17 days ago by Joe