SB6180 Release Date Anyone have an idea when the 6180 is supposed to come out?
asked by AlinSpringy on April 29, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 40 answers
A
vote
Why? They sell other business models
fact checker answered on June 13, 2010

A
votes
The 6120 has the capability to use 4 bonded downstream channels and 4 upstream. The 6180 has the capability to use 8 bonded downstream channels and 4 upstream. According to Motorola this will allow "data rates of well over 300 Mbps in DOCSIS mode, 400 Mbps in EuroDOCSIS mode for downstream and 120 Mbps upstream." While that all is very impressive, there is not ISP that I know of in the US that will be able to provide a customer with 8 channels down or 4 up. I know Comcast allows bonding of 4 downstream channels and 2 upstream.
Bindox answered on August 5, 2010

A
vote
Motorola SB6180 is a business unit and only available thru lease
Andrew Tsai answered on June 9, 2010

A
vote
I currently have the 6120 and Cox Communications new Ultimate internet (50 dl/5 ul) . It does use DOCSIS 3.0 and it connected to 4 bonded downstream channels and 1 upstream channel.
Robert answered on August 17, 2010

A
vote
I had the SB6120 running for over a year, and liked it. Brighthouse Birmingham converted to DOCSIS 3 several months back, and I was getting 50 M down and 1.9 M up. Well they figuren it out after a couple of months, and without any warning, they locked me down to 15 M with no powerboost I used to have. They don't support powerboost on a DOCSIS modem, so we are screwed. I have spent hours on this. I had to switch bck to an SB5120, and upload was suffering - could not get the 1.9 M i used to have, and am supposed to get. I went and picked up their SB5101, and still reduced upload, but powerboost works, and boosts up to 25M or more. Beware!
jbwam answered on August 21, 2011

A
vote
No they actually sent me the SBG6580 which had a built in wireless router and such which I immediately disabled. It has the same features as the 6180 spec wise but so far no problems.
Epitacio Camacho Jr. answered on August 22, 2011

A
vote
I have the 6180 and can't even use it yet. Comcast doesn't support the modem yet. :(
Mos Def answered on October 18, 2011

A
vote
Motorola support says 6180 only available via ISP lease, not for retail - sb6121 recommended as similar modem available for retail purchase
Marcus O answered on October 25, 2011

A
vote
A friend of mine just bought by calling the 800 number from this website: http://www.tvcinc.com/ip-networking/customer-premise-equipment/sb6180-surfboard-docsis-30-cable-modem/, I will see how it works for him & order it too if it is as fast as promised. We both pay for Comcast highest speed Internet, if this thing is as fast as advertised Amazon needs to offer it, Motorola website says its for home or office and that download speed makes a huge difference when sharing wifi.
Jaye answered on October 26, 2011

A
votes
Motorola does not know when - I recently spoke with a top-end sales tech and he said that noyhinh was even hinted at yet
fact checker answered on May 17, 2010
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   Next ›