Verified Purchase
One of the reasons I purchased this is that the HOOVER WINDTUNNEL vacuum that I bought a year or so ago is totally frustrating when it comes to using the tools...the wand extensions will not under any circumstances stay together, and it is a hassle to constantly be pushing the pieces back together as they fall apart. Imagine my total disgust and disappointment at having spent all this money on this Electrolux Sanitaire Commercial Canister Vac so I could have something where I could do the edges and under the beds and furniture, into small corners, etc, and when I started using it, it ALSO FELL APART REPEATEDLY. The first thing I tried was on the carpet. Tried the carpet head with the brushes, it immediately fell off. Tried again allowing the air into the wand, (there is a special valve, reduces the suction) and the same thing happened. Tried the FLAT (for solid surfaces) head and it worked a bit better, did not fall off. But did not clean much, either. As soon as I put the FLAT head onto the tile and wood floors, then the head fell off again. (Even with the suction valve wide open to minimize the suction). Not only that, but the WAND keeps falling off, so you absolutely MUST vacuum while holding the extension wand, not the curved upper part that it attaches to. Which means being about 30" from the floor. Hunched over. I cranked those pieces onto each other as hard as I could, and repeatedly the whole thing just falls apart. I tried calling the company (since it is now USED and could not be returned) and they just blew me off. The wand with the kit is different from the wand shown in their diagram, so I suspect they recently changed suppliers (it is upside down in design from the one on the instruction manual.) STAY AWAY FROM THIS...IT HAS TONS OF SUCTION, BUT THE HASSLE MAKES IT USELESS. I cannot vacuum under the bed with this because the head comes right off in the midst of cleaning, usually after 4 or 5 strokes back and forth. I don't want to have to try to fish that out from under the middle of the bed! HORRIBLE PRODUCT!! Horrible customer service!!
UPDATE - After writing this, I decided to call the Electrolux Customer Service line again. The first time I called (right after getting the thing and having all the issues) the person told me that I simply was not pushing the pieces together strongly enough. This time the person I talked to is going to send me a new extension wand. He mentioned that they have similar wands for different equipment, and perhaps the one I received was not the correct one. At least they are trying to be helpful this time. I keep telling them that the wand in the instruction booklet installs UPSIDE DOWN from the way mine has to be installed (based on what will fit where!). Will re-write the review if the new wand WORKS BETTER.UPDATE: Nope, same thing. You get about 4 minutes before it falls apart. I contacted the SELLER, (Arlington Vacuums) who was WONDERFUL, and allowed me to return the vacuum and gave me the credit for that towards a different product. I then purchased from them an upgraded canister (Panasonic MC CG901)which works great. I wanted this to supplement my upright, as I have half carpets and half wood or tile floors. This is for the wood/tile and under the bed stuff. King sized bed, 2 cats and a dog that love to hide under there...need a way to clean it out. This works.
66 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on July 30, 2008
Verified Purchase
looked at many vacuums. read on-line reviews and consumers reports. this vacuum is a great value for the money. noisy but has excellent suction.
only disadvantage is that the bags and hepa filter are only available on line.
on January 21, 2012
I'm a housecleaner and absolutely swear by this small, lightweight tank of a canister vacuum. It comes with a shoulder strap and a few essential attachments. The duster attachment is the most useful -- I use this in place of Swiffer dusters or dust cloths for electronics, books/bookcases, drapes, lamp shades, glass surfaces, and all other surfaces where I previously used dust cloths (better to get rid of the dust rather than relocate it).

The power cord is short, but that's what extension cords are for.

The suction is powerful, but when you rotate the suction control to the least amount of suction power, it easily does the trick at getting throw rugs vacuumed and fluffy again without devouring them. Also, because of the rotation head, it's super easy to get under beds and furniture. The hose rotates on both ends, so the hose rarely gets tangled.

As for pet hair and fuzz clinging to the hose due to static, rubbing the hose down with a fabric softener sheet at the start of each job works pretty well.

I would like to recommend a hardwood floor attachment and the ORIGINAL Eureka bags. The generic bags are no longer a perfect fit for this vacuum -- they are too long and the vacuum loses suction. These are all available on Amazon as follows:

1. HEPA Filter for Eureka Style MM
2. 18 Eureka Style MM Vacuum Cleaner Bags Genuine Eureka Part 60295B-6
3. 1 & 1/4 inches DELUXE FLOOR BRUSH

As for the HEPA filter, the vacuum bags are so well made, you don't need the HEPA filter. Without the filter, you can stand the vacuum up on its backside.

Because the bristles on the original vacuum head becomes stiff and start to sound like fingernails on a chalkboard moving across the floor, I ended up purchasing a hardwood floor attachment and just use the original vacuum head for scatter rugs, low-pile rugs and carpeting, pet beds and furniture.

For deep pile, wall-to-wall, shag and ornamental (uneven) carpeting, this isn't the best type of vacuum as you really need a vacuum attachment with a beater bar. For this type of carpeting, I use the LG Kompressor Pet Care Plus canister vacuum, which will be another review in itself.

The wand is metal (which is nice) and very long -- great length for cobweb patrol and getting at ceiling fan vents with the duster attachment fixed to the end of the wand.

Even if you're not the cleaning lady, you'll appreciate this vacuum -- its got heart!
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on October 2, 2009
Verified Purchase
I expected more from Electrolux Eureka, but at $101.00 maybe I got what I paid for.
Negatives- The machine is too noisy and generates heat so that the carrying handle gets hot. The metal adjustable wand is heavy compared to my old plastic non adjustable wand, so I continue to use the old one. The floor brush has an awkward feeling which I do not like, so I continue to use an old one I have.
Positives- I like the light hose, the HEPA filter and the strong suction. Changing regular filter and HEPA are convenient. Machine is compact, good wheels, on-off switch and extra attachments are good enough.
on November 5, 2012
I have been cleaning houses for 35 years and I have never spent more time clearing out a vacuum hose more than this one. The design is simply "bad" there is a 45 degree angle that the simplest things get caught in and the suction power even when there isn't something to reem out is pathetic. This is the worst purchase I have ever made I would feel bad giving this vacuum away it has caused me so much frustration and grief. Ugh!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on July 1, 2010
I've had this vacuum for over 3 years now and it still works a well as it did when it was new. It's small and light weight which makes it easy to carry all over the house. I usually carry the canister on my shoulder rather than dragging it along. This makes it really easy to get into tight places and clean above the floor. It's probably the best vacuum going for dusting ceiling fans, getting cobwebs or basically any above the floor type of cleaning. It is great for hardwood floors, tile, area rugs,furniture,and stairs. It is not so great for carpets. I didn't expect it to be a great carpet cleaner but still, that's why it only gets 4 stars instead of 5. I've also had the wheel fall off a couple of times though the wheel was easy to put back on. The attachments are simple but work well for most applications. Using this vacuum made me realize that crazy attachments like dusters and special pet hair tools are not needed. Look at any professional cleaner's vacuum and you will just see the basics. I like that the you can easily adjust the length of the wand and that you can change the setting on the floor cleaner for floors or rugs. In the rug setting a handy little cloth scraper helps get fur off of rugs and furniture. I have three long hair cats and this keeps up with them fairly well except for carpets.

I love the bags on this vacuum. They are incredibly large for how small this vacuum is. They basically take up the whole canister and are very easy to remove without getting dust all over. You just pop open the canister, put a flap over the bag hole and pull it out with absolutely no mess. I buy a dozen bags at a time online. Though they are hard to find in stores, online they are cheap and a dozen bags probably last me a couple of years. I don't know why bagless vacuums are all the rage. With this one, I never have to look at or touch the dust. I don't have to empty a canister each time I vacuum and deal with huge clouds of dust in the air.

I really do like this little vacuum. If you have no carpets, it's the only vacuum you need even for a large house. If you have carpets it's a great second vacuum. It's probably the only vacuum I have ever bought that is going just as strong after 3 years of pretty solid use as it did when it was new. I have never replaced anything except the bags on it and none of the pieces have ever broken.
on April 15, 2009
Verified Purchase
This is a great vacuum. I just ordered a 2nd one for my parents house. Light weight & cleans both smooth floors (mine are ceramic tile) and carpet. Long hose and cord make the vac easy to use everywhere including stairs. My Amazon order was filled by The Factory Depot and arrived in 2 days. I spent a couple of dollars more for the 2nd one so I could order again from The Factory Depot. Second vac arrived the next day after I ordered it. Thanks to everyone for the excellent reviews about this product. I always read all reviews before deciding on buying anything.
on July 10, 2010
Verified Purchase
I bought the Sanitaire SC3680 in May from Amazon after doing much research; I specifically bought it to vacume up pet hair [3 cats, 1 dog] on stairs, etc. The vac has an 'elbow' at the end of the hose which accumulates pet hair, dust, etc. and clogs; after a short time vacuming, I must stop, unplug the vac and 'fish' down the hose to remove the clogged material; this is a design flaw and an unnecessary annoyance. Otherwise, this is a good machine.
on July 20, 2010
Verified Purchase
I bought the 12amp yellow one 3670G initially for about $60. I returned it though for the commercial version after seeing how good it cleans for about $100 on Amazon.com to get better tools and inprovements over the other.

For suction and cleaning ability I'd give both 5 stars and for value as well.

This commerical vacuum has the best duster I've ever used on a vacuum and the other tools are all very good. The hose is a thicker plastic then the yellow version as this one I have not gotten to crimp. The adjustable wand is nice although a bit heavy. Both the wand and hose add a few pounds of weight compared to the less expensive yellow but it is still light. The added weight actually helps to keep a bit more stable when reaching up to my very high windows and blinds.

The descriptions and so forth on these vacuums are way more confusing then they should be. The 3670G has a 12 amp motor and that is over 1400 watts. This commercial is 10 amps or 1200 watts. However, power does not equal good cleaning so who cares anyway?

The 10 amp commercial version versus the 12amp one I can't tell the difference in suction. As all vacuums get hot due to the high amp motors, the commercial does not get as hot. Also, it does not make the high pitched annoying noise that the 3670G one made and is not nearly as loud as many vacuums.

4 stars, not 5 for the following reasons:
* The thicker power cord for the commercial one adds weight that I'm fine with. I'm not fine that the thicker cord does not really fit over the hooks as nice and easy as the yellow one.
* The 3670G combo tool that I hated did fit nicely in the back of the machine. The very good tools of the commercial get attached near the handle, not on the vacuum.
* I really like the floor brush that comes with this vacuum. However, it was easier to use the floor tool with wheels that came with the yellow one. Why no wheels?

It also would be nice is the vacuum wheels were ruberized rather than hard plastic but that is nit picky.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on June 21, 2012
Verified Purchase
I bought this little vacuum to replace my upright that costs almost as much, but has none of the suction power this little guy has. I use it mainly for bare tile floors in south Florida (lots of sand and fine dirt particles). I have three kids and a boxer that sheds quite a bit of fur. This thing sucks up all that dog hair and food crumbs with no problem. I bought the HEPA filter too. I used to have a very dusty house but not anymore (sweeping just moved the dust up into the air). As a bonus, this thing is small and stores away in the limited closet space I have for it.
If your thinking about buying the yellow MM, don't. I'm sure the yellow one is well made too, but this one has a metal retractable tube, a stronger hose that doesn't really kink, as well as a stronger motor. Definitely worth the extra $20 for me.
Bottom Line: This is an excellent buy.