SCAM ALERT...used 5D Mark iii listings Apparently, some scammers are selling used "Like New" 5D Mark III cameras for ultra low prices, usually between $1800-$2300..these are total scams...ask yourself, why would anyone sell a camera going for $3500 brand new for up to 40% off? Most of these sellers are new to Amazon with no history (RED FLAG), and, you'll notice that instead of a company logo they use a graphic that tells you to contact them at some email address (RED FLAG) because they want to transact outside of Amazon to eliminate your protections. I emailed one of these sellers today and he told me to send over my contact info, shipping address, etc, and I'm thinking, for what? (RED FLAG). If I want to purchase the camera I'll do it through Amazon, why the heck would I have to send the seller any info through email? Add it all up, and it's an obvious scam

"a fool and his money are soon parted"

Please, don't fall for this trick. If it's too good to be true, believe me, it is....
[UPDATED] asked by R. Basmajian on March 30, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 answers
A
votes
Saw those and knew immediately they were scams. Tried to add it to cart anyway just to see what happens. You get a message saying that the item cannot be shipped to your address, enter another address. Well, I entered several addresses all in the good 'ol USA and none qualified. Don't waste you time and DO NOT write them unless you want to get involved with scammers. I've done it a couple times just to waste their time by giving them fake info. Heh heh.
David Siegfried answered on April 1, 2012

A
votes
The reason why they ask for your email is because they'll send you spoofed [fake] Amazon pages with links and instructions telling how to pay and showing that the transaction has been concluded and you'll get your camera soon. This can't happen inside the Amazon system and that's why they need your email. Denounce the scammers to Amazon customer seller here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/reports
Alfonso Elia answered on June 18, 2012

A
votes
So why does Amazon doesn´t patrol it´s own website for scams??? I had almost fallen to similar scam 2 years ago and these scums told me to send money vis Western Union. But even WU notified me that the receiving end is a scam. It saved me couple thousand bucks and then reported to Amazon. The scam pages disappear right away... I think Amazon should investigate and block these scums from doing biz in here.
CHOU YEH answered on October 2, 2013

A
votes
Thanks for posting this. I've posted about this scam before when they were listing Mark ii's. They've expanded now into listing popular lenses and cameras.
biqa answered on April 1, 2012

A
votes
look at "Look 3D eyeware" im pretty sure there scamming..there selling cameras for super cheap like a mark iii for 1300ish we need to get people like this off...
lozer123 answered on April 26, 2013

A
votes
Take care there is another scammer, the seller is TISIMEG ( email tisimeg@gmail.com )!!
Adrian Sandoval answered on February 6, 2014

A
votes
R. Basmajian is right, just need to have common sense to understand the message, there is another scammer selling the 5D Mark III on $1750 USD with the same behavior that Mr. Basmajian describe. The seller is TISIMEG, hi is selling a canon 50mm 1.2 in $730 USD the price is ridiculous and is the catch to start the scamm.
Adrian Sandoval answered on February 6, 2014

A
votes
According to this posting it is NOT a scam: http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/canon/347433-2699-00-canon-eos-5d-mark-iii-22-3-mp-full-frame.html
Roger A. Moncrief answered on December 22, 2013

A
[Deleted by Amazon on Feb 11, 2014 7:30:10 AM PST]
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

ARRAY(0xd8b2a164)