Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 19, 2010 7:59:48 PM PST
Started SCD not long ago, maybe 10 weeks, and feeling better than I've felt in years. Felt so good that at first I didn't really "feel" the loss of even most restaurant foods. Now that I've gotten a little farther, I have to ask, does anyone on this diet ever feel like you just want to open a box and nuke it, just once in a while? I've always eaten healthily, and not depended on such foods, but now when I come in tired and hungry and there isn't anything to eat, I DO feel the loss.

Please pardon my whining!!! I will probably never abandon this diet because I feel so much better. Was ill for most of my life with undiagnosed celiac, which manifested every way except the typical. Just wish someone would start a company that delivers frozen scd meals. I would definitely buy some every month. Guess I'll have to buy the cookbook with the plans. Please, someone, start that frozen SCD company!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 16, 2011 5:34:54 AM PDT
ldr451 says:
I know exactly what you mean. And it's probably why modern society is eating so poorly. Some days you come home from work tired and just don't have the energy to cook...even if it is a 20 minute meal. You have prep and clean up afterwards too. It's so much easier to pop in a meal in the microwave or stop at a fast food restaurant for a quick meal with very little hassle. But you know it will cost you some time in the bathroom, so you just convince yourself to push through that end of day fatigue. But, yeah, do I wish there was a SCD frozen meal company. Not sure if it's possible though...not enough demand or need preservatives forbidden on the diet?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  Nov 19, 2010
Latest post:  Mar 16, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Healing Foods: Cooking for Celiacs, Colitis, Crohn's and IBS
Healing Foods: Cooking for Celiacs, Colitis, Crohn's and IBS by Elephant Publishing (Paperback - January 9, 2015)
4.2 out of 5 stars (88)