Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: SCD Bio Ag® - 1 Liter
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on April 21, 2013
This is not food or fertilizer.

What this is, is a live culture of the four basic types of micro-organisms that are necessary for plant health, growth and maintenance.

I agree with the other reviewer. The company that is marketing this has done a very poor job of providing users with the information they need to use this effectively.

All plants need four types of micro-organisms around their root systems to extract and store nutrients (such as nitrogen) from the soil. The four types are: fungi, bacteria, protozoa and nematodes. There is a complex interaction between these microorganisms, and plants, to maintain healthy soil. Teaming with Microbes: The Organic Gardener's Guide to the Soil Food Web, Revised Edition

This culture provides all four types of micro-organisms.

This culture is most useful when you are trying to re-establish soil structure (after heavy fertilization or use of chemicals, or drought, or augmentation with compost, etc.) It will re-introduce the necessary micro-organisms into your soil that plants need to extract basic food from the soil (nitrogen and carbon, especially). Just as we need pro-biotics in our digestive system to digest food, plants need these micro-organisms to "digest" raw materials in the soil into forms that the plant can assimilate. This concept is known as "bioavailability."

Couple of pointers on using this. First, if you are smart, you will culture this yourself before using it. When I received it I examined it for live organisms under a micro-scope. It is a live culture. I cultured it in two disposable petri dishes just to make sure. It yielded a substantial culture within ten days.

To use this, you want to add about 40 ccs (two tablespoons) to a gallon of water, and, just water your plants around the base so that the water and the micro-organisms get into the root system. You can also use this to inoculate your plant roots when planting or potting them. If you are planting or potting flowering or fruit bearing plants or trees, you should also consider inoculating the root system with a small amount of mychorizzae (a benign fungus that vastly increases root system efficiency). Mycorrhizae Inoculant (Earth Ambrosia/Earth Nectar) - 32 Ounce

This stuff is expensive so, to stretch it out, I culture my own after I've bought the bottle. I use a 250 ml erlenmeyer flask. I add about 100 cc of ordinary water, 75 cc of the stuff in this bottle, and about 75 cc of ordinary molasses or sugar. I let the flask sit in a warm (not hot) place for a week or two and the result is about 8 ounces of the stuff in the bottle - which is enough for adding to four gallons of water. (You don't have to culture it yourself - you can just buy the stuff and use it straight from the bottle, but, I don't like paying this manufacturer because they rip you off on the shipping fees, and, don't offer any support).

Get this stuff into the root systems of your plants and it will help them maintain a healthy root structure so that they can draw nutrients from the soil.

I use it because I have some of the worst soil in the world and I need to bio-activate it after adding iron and organic material (compost) to it.
on March 31, 2015
I added this to my regular fish emulsion fertilizer on some 6 week old tomato clones that were struggling a month after transplant to soil. They have all grown by 30-40% in three days! I also added some to my irrigation trough in my garden and now have corn, squash and bean seedlings taking off at a brisk pace. I am looking forward to trying it on the compost pile.
The results definitely speak for themselves. A microbial innoculant is a must for organic growing.
on July 30, 2014
Applied to a section of lawn grass, new grow runners are running into formerly bare spots. This was applied in combination with Mycorrhizae so it is difficult to attribute the improvements to one or the other.
on February 25, 2016
I've purchased this product in the past direct from the manufacturer. It is one of the products that I use each growing season. The bottle that I received from this seller came without a label. Same shaped bottle, same color liquid; I can only hope that it is the same product. I will return to ordering from the manufacturer for future purchases.
on September 19, 2015
The dilutions ratios seemed a bit foggy to me, so I contacted the manufacturer. They were prompt and polite. The reason the dilution rate was foggy to me was I had a hose-hook up dial sprayer with reservoir sprayer that operations on a per gallon dilution rate which I use on my garden beds. Based on the additional manufacturer's literature, I figure my dial should be set at 3/4 teaspoons per gallon. Though, if you have questions on how to apply I recommend contacting the SCD Probiotics for clarification.
on January 25, 2016
I grow an organic garden and use this product to nurture my plants during the growing season. I will be reordering in early Spring. Plants love Probiotics.
on August 6, 2012
First at all this item seems to be a GREAT product. I bought it, then I have realized it doesn't have any feeding chart on the label or aside. The bottle says to go to the web site(displayed in bottle label). I logged into the web site and I couldn't find anything related to the product at all. I couldn't find any feeding chart as advertised in the container label, check every single window in the site. On top of that I bought it this yr 2012 and next year 2013 expires and still have a full bottle because I couldn't use much of it for not knowing the right feeding dosage for my plants. A total waste of money I feel like! Besides that....this would be a great product.
66 comments| 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 2, 2016
I used bio ag with a little brown sugar and I'm getting great results. I'll definitely be using this product from now on.
on July 26, 2016
My bottle came in with expiration date rubbed off from shipping
on July 14, 2016
This stuff can decompose titanium......Nice price, good pack