4.0 out of 5 stars TV sound improved- AT LAST!
So: a new 47" Sceptre HDTV, with tinny sound. Thus, I began an exhaustive research into the sound bar/home theater world...talk about too much data...and many dumb reviews/assessments thereof. I settled on this Sceptre sound bar for simple reasoning: Improve my TV's sound; no, not trying to obtain a "theater" sound experience, which, I do not want!
The Scepter...
Published 8 months ago by Robert P. von Fischbach

2.0 out of 5 stars No bass at all.
I was happy to find a 3 channel soundbar for such a low price but you get what you pay for. The bass is almost nonexistent even when you pump it up to 3. Seriously it only goes to 3.
Published 12 months ago by Mike Hammond

4.0 out of 5 stars TV sound improved- AT LAST!, April 16, 2014
This review is from: SCEPTRE SB301523 2.1-Channel Sound Bar with Built-In Subwoofer (Electronics)
The Scepter SB301523 offers a vast sound improvement over the "slim-jim" tv speakers, at a darn comfortable price level.
We have a 20' x 40' main salon, [aka living/viewing room], which is perhaps the right size for this SB efforts.
Simple to attach/set-up; we have the sound set at about 20-25, and vary the bass level at 0, 1, 2 or 3, depending on the TV source sound mix. Re Modes: Movie, Games, Music and "News" [?], I tested all four settings, with several TV movies, 2 different CD's, [The FIRST NIGHT CD was GREATTTT!], and use MOVIES as well as MUSIC, foe both TV sources and CD's.
Overall, this SB seems a bargain, and offers good/very good sound.
-Robert P. von Fischbach, Atascadero, California.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice soundbar for the price, June 29, 2013
Soundbar very nice bass,hook-up was easy,wish it had reg digital audio but it is great for price.Looks very cool and comes with everything you need.Matches my Sceptre 40inch TV which I love,HD picture is outstanding.Hooked up to the computer with ease.all in all great product for the price,awesome sound for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars SUPER BOOST!!!! Great for dialogue and big action scenes!, March 26, 2014
I am so pleased with this sound bar. I really felt nervous because of the price
but this is a high quality soundbar that rivals the ones I’ve had before by Samsung and Vizio. The bass is wonderful, “movie-mode” is the best and I really have to turn it down because the thing packs a huge punch even at level 18. It's not a very big sound bar which is also more attractive (imo) under the TV because it doesn't look super disproportionate. I usually watch action films at 18/20 and softer dialogue films at 16 and get great great sound. We sound tested the films “Twister” (for noise) "Lincoln" (for dialogue) and “Black Swan” (for score) on it and have since watched “The Wolf of Wall Street” and “American Hustle” and it’s just absolutely amazing. I'm so pleased and feel like I got a great deal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice!, December 1, 2013
I like it,no does not have a ton of bass,I have not seen a bar under 100 bucks that does.You want more bass spend more money and get a bar with a sub.The sound is nice and clear sounds 100 X's better then any tv speakers. This one had a COAX in,that what I needed with the tv I was needing it for.Has a sleep timer too,so it wont be on all the time.For 85 bucks its well worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Sound Bar for the price!, April 14, 2014
I have a new 32" Sceptre HD TV and when I saw this sound bar on Amazon at the price offered and after reading the reviews, I didn't hesitate to order. It was very easy for me (a 65 year old senior) to install and it greatly improved the sound for my TV.

2.0 out of 5 stars No bass at all., November 30, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Inxpensive Sound Bar, February 20, 2014
Sound bar was delivered in just one day! Very fast shipping. Have a 40 inch Sceptre tv and hooked it to the headphone jack. Works perfectly to say the least. Planning to order another one for my 50 inch Panasonic tv. Doesn't have headphone jack so I will hook it to the digital to analog audio converter with the other end going to the digital audio output on the tv. Overall, satisfied with this purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Value!, April 1, 2014
I bought this Sceptre Sound Bar to use with a new Sceptre 50" HD TV. I selected it based on reviews of other owners. It is certainly a 5 star unit considering price and performance. East to install and gives much richer sound that the TV set built in speakers.

5.0 out of 5 stars For The Price - Hard to Beat, June 17, 2014
Using the sound bar with our 50 inch Septre TV (which is also hard to beat for the price). Very nice device. Has sufficient options to enable finding pleasing sound for any application. Would easily recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars good, but non-standard remote, November 25, 2013
Cheap, and good quality. Works just fine. Remote control is non-standard, so you probably won't be able to get a normal universal remote to change the volume. I use a Learning Remote (for my Tivo) to control the volume.

SCEPTRE SB301523 2.1-Channel Sound Bar with Built-In Subwoofer