Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Euro Sealer Battery Operated
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Price:$9.99+ Free shipping

on August 18, 2015
I love this since there is only one person in our home who eats cereal we were throwing so much away because it would go stale. This now hangs on my refrigerator so after getting cereal it is resealed quickly no more cereal in the trash. I have saved a ton of money this way. It also works on most potato chip bags, crackers, rice and just about anything in a bag type container. It is easy enough for children to use. A real kitchen asset.
on April 14, 2015
I had one of these 10+ years ago. I used it so much I wore it out. For me it was perfect. I could open a package and then reseal to keep it fresh longer. After mine died I went back to using zip lock bags. When browsing Amazon one night I came across this. I was so happy to see this I quickly made a 1-click purchase. For anyone that is interested in helping food stay fresh this will reseal packages. Just remember the thicker the plastic the slower you need to slide this across.

The bunnies and I give this sealer 5 carrots.
on April 29, 2016
This is an extremely useful kitchen tool. I would have given it 5 stars but the wire burnt through the pad within a month. Having said that, 6 months later it still works even though the pads are burnt out. This is my second euro sealer and if it broke I would probably buy another one.
on February 19, 2016
Overall: Decent product for certain uses.

Duration Owned: 12 months

Pros:
Does a nice job sealing heavier bags (chip, cookies, etc.) type material, with some practice
It is nice to have a freshly sealed bag if travelling with items or for other transportation and improved freshness

Cons:
Does NOT work for any bags with a lighter material (such as Ziploc bag material). This product essentially reseals the bag or other items by melting and fusing the material together. In my experience this too quickly melts lighter materials such as this and is not easily used to seal these types of bags.
on November 20, 2014
I love this sealer. It is heavier duty then other handheld ones and it works much better. I love the magnet on the back so that it can be near a convenient spot so that I can grab it and seal up whatever bag I have. Great price and convenient for me. Very happy with my purchase!
on April 20, 2015
The sealer works great! I had one years ago and it finally quit after a lot of use, so I was glad to find this one on Amazon. The magnet on the back is too weak to hold the sealer up. It keeps sliding down the side of my refrigerator.
on May 21, 2010
This product does what it's suppose to do. It seals bags. For thick bags you move slowly for thin bags you have to move faster. It's great.
on June 14, 2014
I should have known that for the price this item would have poor performance. Even though it is called a sealer, it is difficult to achieve a good seal. This was evident only after I got the device and tried it. Also, you have to start on one side of the bag and swipe it across the bag. You can't begin 'outside' of the bag. So there is a gap. In practice you have to swipe twice across each other. Even so the seal is poor.
on November 18, 2010
Previously I had one of those vacuum sealer food-saver devices that sit on your counter, but I never used the vacuum part, just the sealer. It is absolutely wonderful for keeping cereal, chips, etc. fresh over time. When I needed a new one, I found they were very expensive and decided to try this hand-held option instead.

Pros:
I love the fact that it takes up so little space.
It does work, and is better than a just using a chip clip.
Love the price. Unfortunately, you get what you pay for.

Cons:
It takes longer to seal because you have to do two lines that criss-cross and you can't go too fast or it won't seal properly
Uses lots of batteries. Seal isn't strong enough when batteries are weak.
Battery compartment was hard to find. (Lift up the top part, then pull up on the plastic part between the hinge and the black end.)
Mine only lasted about 5 months and then stopped working for no apparent reason.

I won't buy another hand-held battery-operated sealer like this. I'll go for a counter-top version that plugs in. Looks like the industrial strength sealer is less expensive than the Food Saver vacuum sealers.

On a side note: I bought a Rival vacuum sealer for $49 at Wal-mart thinking I would just use the sealer. But it doesn't have a seal-only function. So watch out for that if you get a vacuum sealer for this purpose; make sure it has a seal-only setting.
on August 7, 2007
I was frustrated that it wasn't working, then finally read the directions-located in the battery area and it works like a charm on my chip bags, bread bags, and snack bags!

I would recommend.