5.0 out of 5 stars Works great wth SoundDock Gen 1
Happy to have my SoundDock charging my iPod again. I think the thing cost $300 and I was nervous it wouldn't work with my new iPod Touch 2G--luckily someone created this gizmo. (people with car iPod adapters need the other charging converter gizmo these guys make too--it works just as well).

It may not work some some Brand X iPod speaker sets, but seems its a...
Published on April 4, 2009 by ChrisInSD

2.0 out of 5 stars Will probably work... if it fits
I bought this to use my new Nano 4G with a 1-year old Klipsch iGroove SXT. It looks like it would probably work, but the adapter doesn't fit into the iGroove's dock adapter (it's too wide, bangs against the speakers). I may look into cutting down some of the excess plastic around the outside.
Published on March 3, 2009 by Strictify

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great wth SoundDock Gen 1, April 4, 2009
ChrisInSD (San Diego, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SCOSCHE IFWAHBK Charging Adapter for Smartphones - Frustration-Free Packaging - Black (Personal Computers)

It may not work some some Brand X iPod speaker sets, but seems its a perfect fit with the Bose SoundDock.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Good, but not compatible with all docking devices, July 7, 2009
The adapter works exactly as advertised, but buyers need to be aware that the device doesn't fit all ipod-compatible devices. It fits into my old ipod video dock perfectly. It does not fit the iHome clock radio or another off-brand clock radio.

Since it comes with a Bose Soundock adapter, it's safe to assume it fits that device, as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple but awesome product, May 15, 2009
This works great with my Ipod Touch v2 and Bose Sounddock. Ipod is stable in the cradle, plays, and charges at the same time. Works as advertised.

5.0 out of 5 stars Made my Day!!, November 19, 2009
Snowbird (Florida, USA) - See all my reviews
I purchased a Bose SoundDock Model 1 last year. I used it with my iPod Nano 4th gen. The sound was excellent but the unit did not charge the iPod. I emailed Bose who told me to return the unit to them and they would modify the pins to charge my iPod for $60. I just didn't feel like sending my SoundDock in the mail so I didn't do anything. Approc a month ago, I came across the web site for this Home Charging Adapter. I found the link on the Apple Forum web site. I ordered it and it did EVERYTHING it promised to do. And, as a bonus, it also works with the new iPod Nano 5th Gen I just bought.

This $25. device made my day!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars New LIFE For My Old Bose Sound Dock!, May 29, 2013
SCOSCHE IFWAHBK Charging Adapter for Smartphones arrived quickly. I purchased this for my Bose Sound Dock I that does not charge devices. This fixed all and charges my iPod 4 & iPhone 4s. Also, I purchase a Blue-tooth adapter that can now work with the charging adapter, & found new use for my old Bose Sound Dock!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great, March 23, 2009
Gloria (Albany, Ga.) - See all my reviews
Works great with my ipod touch gen 2 to both play and charge using the Altec im 600 firewire portable sounddock and the Creative x dock wireless music system ( Apple changed from firewire to straight usb with the ipod touch gen 2 and nano 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly as described, March 20, 2009
This product works perfectly as described. I have the Altec Lansing inMotion im600 portable docking station and it fits perfectly without any docking supports. It'll still pop up the nag screen "this product is not made for iphone, would you like to switch to airplane more, blah blah" but just hit NO on that part. And it'll still play your music, accept calls, txt messages. All while charging (before the adapter, it'd still do all of that, but didn't charge, and had the other nag screen "will not charge, incompatible, etc" I highly recommend it if you have at least an Altec Lansing im600 dock.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great wtih Nano 5G and inMotion, June 28, 2010
K. Mcbride (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
Worked as advertised in my Altec Lansing m600 with an ipod nano 5g. Sound is same quality and charges the ipod. Also works in my boat ipod interface where it didn't charge before.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Solution for Charging Newer iPods at Home, April 17, 2010
If you have older iPod speakers but a newer iPod, you may have noticed that your iPod no longer charges when docked. Apple decided to remove FireWire charging support from the iPod, which is how many speaker systems charged the iPod (which now uses USB for both charging and data transfer). Buying an adapter like the Scosche PassPORT allows you charge your new iPod in the older equipment by converting the charging method from FireWire to USB. If you have an iPhone, iPod Touch 2G, or iPod Nano 4G/5G, you will likely encounter this charging issue and need some kind of adapter. The Scosche is a good choice for most systems.

This product fits perfectly in the original Bose SoundDock, and includes a small plastic insert for precisely that purpose. It also fits in the first generation Logitech Pure-Fi Anywhere, although I am not sure if it is necessary since I do not get the charging compatibility message when using my iPod Touch in the Logitech. I haven't done any testing to see if it's actually necessary for the Logitech, but if you find that it is, the Scosche will fit. You can check compatibility with other speakers by visiting the Scosche web site, or reading more online reviews.

The only way to improve this product would have been to include a couple of universal dock adapters in black. Both the Bose and Logitech speakers included an array of adapters in black, but those were for iPod models in production at the time, not the latest models. Apple only makes the dock adapter in white, and I can't find anywhere online that sells them in black. The Scosche also seems overpriced for what it is, but it's a whole lot cheaper than buying a new speaker system.

The Scosche was "designed and engineered" in the U.S., but made in China, if anyone cares.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works on Bose Sound Dock I, March 24, 2009
Woo Hoo... I don't have a 300 dollar, useless with my ipod touch 2g Bose Sound dock anymore. It wasn't useless because of course it worked but being that this is one of the worst battery life ipods I've ever owned... (unless you don't actually touch it... no screen use), it's aweful nice to not have to plug it in after using it on my sound dock. The best part is it's doubly annoying that you end up sucking down the power while using it on a peripheral that should be able to charge it but NOOO. Thanks Scosche for filling this much needed market niche... Oh and F apple for treating thier faithful consumer base without reasonable consideration. All they need to do to complete the package is offer us all eternal life for buying thier products. It's great to see them falling in the path of big capitalist americana for the sake of not leaking info to the public. At least Microsoft asks before they ram you where the sun don't shine. Just kidding about the last part.

ARRAY(0x94fe4fe4)