Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on October 15, 2008
Really like the size of this unit and it starts right up when you plug it in. Easy to operate and move to any location n the house. It is quiet for a dehumidifier. Only complaint is that the plastic shield to direct air flow is flimsy. We tried to redirect the flow and it fell off. When you try to put it back on it is difficult and one pin broke. Luckily the shield is more window dressing, as the unit works well without it. It has a nice extra feature of an ionizer to purify the air. Not sure if this really works, but we have all breathed easier since we have run this dehumidifier in our home.
on January 7, 2009
Hi,

Wish I would have bought 3 of these instead of NOISY COMPRESSOR TYPES. I have to run all 3 dehumidiers in my house almost continuously (2 Compressor types & this wonderful quiet SPT) to keep the humidity under 50% keeping the Mold growth at bay (Not Fun!) This quiet unit is perfect for the bedroom or living room and the added UV is a fanstastic plus. Also the current humidity readout on the unit is accurate! - checked against another gauge I have.

Very Nice - would not hesitate to buy again!
on July 28, 2010
I just bought SPT SD-46T 46-Pint Dehumidifier a few days ago and I am more then pleased! After running 2 days I have already emptied the container 2x after being full. This unit is well built and runs perfect. The water container completely filled over night and helped bring our large bedroom to much drier conditions. It does a wonderful job at pulling water out of the air and returns a nice circulation of fresh air into the room. I am also pleased with the UV light as I notice my room has a much fresher smell. I will add more to this review in a few weeks. My main reason for buying this dehumidifier was to help with some mold issues and I will know how well this unit works on mild mold growth with some use. However for now I can tell with the way this Unit is working I can bet we will have satisfactory results for sure! Another thing I have noticed is my allergies have been much better, I am not as plugged up when I wake in the morning after leaving the Dehumidifier run during the night !

Far as noise goes it does hum!! But I love White Noise while I sleep . I suppose for those who do not like the louder hum you can always use the lower fan setting. I use mine on full blast!

To anyone who has complained about this unit, I am a bit baffled because I just don't see anything wrong with this unit. WORKS TERRIFIC ! Pulls water out of the air extremely well and fast . I may even buy a second one for our down stairs!

Hope my review helps!
on June 17, 2011
This dehumidifier uses 480W max when sucking humidity. That means 21.7L/11.5KWH = 1.8L/KWH in 80% humidity - a very energy efficient unit. But this power includes UV and fan also.
It is light and easy to port with no sharp edges in unit or bucket. So this is very soft on hands and nice looking. This unit has a fan air direction deflector, the air can be set to go up or horizontal or in a angle away from the unit.
Mostly it feels very quiet. Be cautious to always keep the unit standing. if in shipping the unit was placed upside down, have it stand straight for 1 hour for the condensor oil to settle.

3 years later - this unit is still working as new. Few observations - fan will always run even if air humidity is less than setting. When used with a timer, it does not retain some of its settings.
From specs it appears that it is most energy efficient, but it drains more energy than my whole house AC. I now keep it off for 23 hours a day to save on electricity bill by at least $100 per month at the rate about 8 cents a unit.
on February 4, 2009
This unit has done more than I expected it to do. It has eliminated our moisture problems caused by a steamy bathroom without an exhaust vent. In addition, all of that heat stays in the house, not wasted to the outside, without a significant increase in electricity use! In addition, the first unit delivered arrived damaged. A quick call to Amazon resulted in a replacement shipped the same day and an easy RMA for the damaged unit, plus a notification via email when the RMA unit was received by Amazon!

Thanks Sunpentown & Amazon!
on July 27, 2010
I bought this dehumidifier after going over the customer reviews. My basement is small but it had started traces of mildew. After I received this dehumidifier from Amazon, it was relatively easy to hook it up and get it running. I accumulate about a full container every 12 hours and that's just about what I need to keep my 600 square foot basement dry. What I like the most about is that it is quiet and has digital display for controls including humidity level. The UV feature is great if it does the job it claims. I have had it for two weeks so I cannot say much about its reliability. The only downside compared to my older dehumidifier is that it does not have a drain valve for automatic drain and I have to manually empty the tank.
on June 27, 2011
This baby is awesome! For the past 2 years, I've been using a Soleus 25pint which sounds like it wants to stop working. Although the SPT isn't as quiet as the Soleus, the SPT really works 3x better at dehumidifying. I placed the Soleus in the bedroom since it's quieter. I have to empty the SPT at least 3 times a day and the Soleus about once every 2 or 3 days even though the Soleus is smaller. So I decided to reverse the placements of SPT and the Soleus and again, I had to empty the SPT just as often. The decibel level on the SPT isn't noisy enough to interfere with watching TV or sleeping... just not a quiet as what I'm used to. Well, worth the money. Living in the sweltering heat here in Mississippi, I'd rather deal with the noise than the heat index. The energy efficiency is another plus because I can raise the A/C thermostat without sacrificing comfort!
on August 5, 2011
This is a fantastic little dehumidifier perfect for a basement or large room.
We have split level home with garage & 1 bed/bath on the 1st floor. The home is built into the side of a hill so you may even consider this room a basement as it's lower than most of the house.
We've always had a musty smell & damp feeling in this room, but now it's being lived in. We measured humidity (65-77%). Raising the temp with a heater didn't help the humidity level so we tried this thing. At 440W, it consumes a lot less energy than it's sibling products (most are 700-800W) & the screw-drive rotary compressor is relatively quiet.

After 4 hours, it dropped the humidity from 73 to 55% and is capable of maintaining about 45% if left on continuous. I'm able to sleep with it on & the compressor cycling on & off to maintain 50% humidity. Dehumidifiers produce heat. This one less than most, but be prepared for discharge air ~80*. It warms our 55*F room to 68* if left on continuous.

Someone complained about the continuous drain option draining into the bucket as well. There is an overflow spout inside the unit such that if your drain hose is clogged or goes uphill, it will drain into the bucket rather than backing up into the unit & going all over the floor. It's actually a good feature because this way the unit will shut off (when the bucket fills up) if something goes wrong with the drain & won't make a big mess!
on September 9, 2010
It has been about a month since we purchased this and it's working GREAT!!!!!
I don't know why some people complaing about this fantastic dehumidifier!!
Quiet, easy to operate , awesome price and DOES great job!!!!!
Can't be happier!!!!!!!!!!!!
on June 7, 2010
When I first got the product it was raining for a couple weeks straight and also leaking for a couple weeks straight in my basement, and the product didn't really seem to help at the time (humidity was over 75% constantly) even though I ran it almost 24/7. Once it stopped raining the unit still filled up just as fast (roughly every 14-18 hours) and it started lowering the humidity. It has been fairly dry besides scattered thunderstorms the past couple weeks and the humidity is now down to 45%. So for a medium/large sized basement or very leaky basement, you may want to invest in a dehumidifier with a better rate. Overall if you have a decently sealed basement, or a small one/small room this product is great, however; I would recommend getting the additional hose if you will run it constantly, so you don't have to keep dumping the bucket.

See 1 answered question