5.0 out of 5 stars It works, plain and simple.
I bought this so I could use SD cards in my Canon 40D DSLR. It fits into the card slot of the camera perfectly. The SD cards slide into the adapter smoothly and seat firmly. I've tested it with several SD and SDHC cards, all from different manufacturers, ranging in size from 256M to 4G. All were recognized by the camera, and formatted to the proper capacity. I shoot...
Published on May 23, 2008 by Sarge

3.0 out of 5 stars Close but no cigar
I got the adapter to be able to use an eyeFi card in a Canon 7D. The adapter is decent quality, and fits the 7D slot well, however the speed of the adapter is quite slow.

The 7D has no problem recording 1080p video on a 133X CF cards. Same can be said of the class 6 AData SDHC in Canon T1i, however the AData in the adapter is not fast enough to record video...
Published on November 14, 2009 by LA Photo Ltd

‹ Previous | 1 2 327 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as expected, good speed., April 23, 2008
I. Inc (Sunny California!) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SD-CF II: SD to CF Type II Adapter (Supports SDHC MMC) (Electronics)
I bought this on Amazon.com and have been very pleased. It is able to read my Lexar 4GB SDHC cards with no problems in my laptop and most other compact flash devices. However, I was bummed to discover that only SD cards could be read using my FlashTrax XT. SMARTDISK FlashTrax XT Portable Media Player and TV 40GB FTXXT40 In my FlashTrax XT, this adapter only works up to 2GB, although large Compact Flash Cards work with no problems.

I have also used this device in a Nikon D70 camera so that I could use readily available SD cards when my CF cards were full. The speed of this device with a Lexar 133X 4GB SDHC was as fast as a native Compact Flash card.

Finally, I have also successfully used this device with a SanDisck Micro SD card (and its adapater) in this device with no problems. Sandisk 4GB MicroSDHC Memory Card with SD Adapter (BULK Packaging)

Summary, if your host device will recognize high capacity cards, this adapter will let you use SDHC cards as an alternative.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good adapter, beats the competition for speed, December 8, 2011
I bought this adapter to replace another one I was disappointed with due to speed issues, and all around I'm happy with it - it allows me to put to good use the SDHC cards I bought for the Canon 450D after I've upgraded it to a Canon 5D mark II.

Putting a SanDisk 16GB Extreme III 30MB/s Class 10 card, I can shoot video at 1920x1080 @ 25fps for as long as I want. Copying a big file on my computer to the card, I got ~78x. Shooting in continuous mode gives good speed for large fine JPEGs, but for raws w/o JPEGs the speed drops below usable rate once the buffer is full.

A small annoyance, which I guess is unavoidable with the SDHC & CF form factors, is that the SDHC card is inserted 90 degrees to the direction in which the adapter is inserted into the camera. That means replacing an SDHC card requires taking out the CF adapter first.

Do note this is CF Type II, so is 5mm thick. To be on the safe side, make sure your camera accepts CF Type II, and your card readers accepts either CF Type II or SD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked in Sony Alpha A700 with 2 - 16G SD cards, May 6, 2008
As SD has become so ubiquitous, this adapter might save your butt while abroad. Purchased to capitalize on all my SD cards for use in my new Sony A700. Tested 1, 2, 8 and 16G cards all of various size. All worked no problem. As my SD cards wont write as fast as a 266X CF, I will get about 7-8 continuous shots before the cameras buffer fills and then I go down to 1 Shot per second. I noticed that this is the case with any 133X CF card also so its not an issue. Single shot write times are fast and read times are also quick. Only issue with adapter+Alpha - the camera's on-board format utility will not recognize the cards ability to format - e.g., you get an error saying it can't format. You can still manually delete files from the camera, so its not a major issue. If you need more than 8 continuous burst shots, go with fast CF, otherwise, this is a far cheaper and more portable method then using CF cards. (NOTE - I also tested a 8G transflash in an sd adapter - Transflash>SD Adapter>CF Adapter - and it worked fine. Was nice to take a shot, and then insert the transflash into my phone and view the picture.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes! it works!, April 17, 2008
I am using this with the transcend 16gb sdhc card($72 on amazon w/ sdhc reader) with my fujifilm finepix s3 pro camera. I was hoping that it would work, it did. The easiest way for me CF II enabled digital camera, for 20 bucks!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked for me: Eye-fi on Olympus E-500, November 6, 2010
After reading a blog on using the iPad as a viewer for pictures while on the road, I was instantly turned on to the idea of using an eye-fi to see my shots instantly. After purchasing a 4gb eye-fi card, I was unable to find an CF adapter to fit the new card into my Olympus E-500. Finally, after searching at Radio Shack, Wolf Camera (they suck), and calling several little 'hole-in-the-wall' around my area, I gave up. I sat in front of my computer and read some of the reviews. Some said the CF adapter worked for them, others that it was a battle but in the end, worked; and still, others that it didn't work for them. Sifting past some of the seemingly stupid commentators, I placed the order for this adapter. In conclusion, it worked like a little charm for me - Right Away! So, now I am happy taking my little pictures for my photography class and being able to have a better feel of the composition thrugh my ipad's screen. This, of course, with the help of another little app called Shuttersnitch through the app store. So there you go. Happy...

5.0 out of 5 stars Canon 20D & Eye-Fi, July 4, 2008
I purchased this product along with the Eye-Fi home. Followed all of the instructions for the Eye-Fi, had to change my wireless network security option to get the card on the network & registered (used WPA-PSK, TPIK). The Eye-Fi fit well into the adapter and similarly the adapter with Eye-Fi fit well into my 20D. Turned on the camera and a CF error appeared.

A link to a site Photojojo Blog recommended to reformat the card, so I did. Everything works well, camera takes photos and shortly after the Eye-Fi transfers the image(s) to a folder on my computer all wirelessly. Note that you will need a wireless network, will not work Eye-Fi to Computer directly (ad-hoc mode). Small price to pay but it sure beats the bulkier wireless Canon option for about $1000.00.

Only thing missing is a Slide Show software that while running will display images from a folder that is being loaded wirelessly from Eye-Fi. Looking at Able Photo Slide Show V2.3 for that.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works great, but slow., August 14, 2009
DSLR Shooter (Baton Rouge, LA USA) - See all my reviews
Great product. Allows me to use my 16GB SDHC cards with my DSLR for shooting stills in emergency situations.

It is not fast enough to allow for 1080P video from my Canon 5D Mark II, but works ok for stills in emergency situations.

It does work fine for shooting low-resolution video on the 5D.

It worked great in my Canon 20D as well.

I wish there was a faster one out there, I hate having to purchase multiple types of memory.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works in Sony DSLR a350, June 12, 2008
M. Nielsen (Chicago, IL United States) - See all my reviews
Used it with a 4Gb Sandisk SDHC card, didn't have to format it or anything, worked right away.. Might be a tad slower than my SanDisk Extreme III CompactFlash, but handy to transfer the files around..

1.0 out of 5 stars Adapter bent pins in my camera, November 2, 2013
Thought this was a good buy as with it I upgraded my camera's memory capacity 8 fold for little cost. After pulling the adapter out of my camera (old Canon EOS 20D) to access the SD card, then putting it back in, I found that the adapter would no longer slide in fully. Shined a flashlight into the slot and saw 3 bent pins, and also found scuff marks on the female side of the adapter. This was only the 3rd time I'd pulled the adapter out. My $13 purchase has suddenly turned into a $300 purchase :(

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a great transfer rate for fast DSLRs, November 30, 2012
Mr Strathmore (East Kilbride, South Lanarkshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
The product works okay but the burst rate is way below a proper CF card. It would be good in an emergency for less than demanding applications. I used this in a Canon 7D.

‹ Previous | 1 2 327 | Next ›