|Hard Drive||32 GB|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $22.85 shipping
HP 32 GB SDHC Flash Memory Card CG790A-GE
|Price:||$29.99 & FREE Shipping|
|You Save:||$30.00 (50%)|
- 32GB High Speed SDHC flash memory. Perfect for any subject matter or light setting and compatible with all SDHC host devices
- Class 10 performance for high speed transfer rates. Functions with all SDHC host devices.
- Ideal for the latest Digital SLR cameras, HD camcorders and HP laptops
- 3 year limited warranty. For product information or support go to www.hp.com/support
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
From the Manufacturer
Hi-Speed Flash Memory
STEP UP TO HIGH SPEED FROM HP!
You don't need to be a professional to utilize a Class 10 SDHC Card…
Designed for the enthusiast and pro photographer, the 32GB Professional Series SDHC card from HP is designed for high speed, high capacity, continuous mode shooting from your digital SLR and HD video recorder. These cards are perfect for capturing action or low light photos, allowing you to handle more frames per second for the critical shot. The Class 10, 133x speed rating and lifetime warranty translates to 20MB/s write speeds for ultimate performance and reliability.
What do 20MB/s write speed and Class 10 mean for me?
How does that speed rating affect me, and my photos or videos? Well, you don't have to be a professional photographer to utilize a Class 10 card, and the increased 20MB/s write speed can make a difference. Say you have a little one around the house and you're chasing after him with your camera snapping away. The card's 20MB/s transfer rate will allow you to take more photos in a shorter period of time, so whether you're in and around the house, or at the soccer game, the faster Class 10 card will enable you to capture more of those special moments.
What is Class 10 Speed Rating?
The SD Association has created and defined 4 speed classes to help you identify speed and guaranteed performance capabilities/minimum requirements of SD/SDHC cards and their host products. The ratings define flash memory cards that are capable of storing video. Higher class ratings such as Class 10 translate to higher quality video capture. In the case of PNY's Professional Class 10 card, they are guaranteed to record 1080p HD video which requires at least 10MB/s transfer rates. Speeds are reflected in megabytes per second (MB/s).
What Class Rating is Right For Me?
|Class Rating||Device||Minimum Guaranteed Write Speed|
| ||2MB/sec - Ideal storage for your files, documents, and photos|
| ||4MB/sec - Ideal for photos and video|
| ||6MB/sec - Ideal for HD video and Hi-megapixel photos|
| ||10MB/sec - Action photography, detailed photos, and HD video|
What Can I Store?
704x460 pixels, 5Mbps, 30 fps
|800 min||400 min||200 min|
Standard HD at 9Mbps
|450 min||225 min||100 min|
* Please note: For Flash Media Devices, 1 megabyte = 1 million bytes; 1 gigabyte = 1 billion bytes. Actual useable capacity may vary. Some of the listed capacity is used for formatting and other functions, and thus is not available for data storage.
** Typical number of photos and video. Amount of photos and minutes of video may vary by camera/camcorder setting and manufacturer.
*** Actual number of songs may vary based on file format, compression settings, and song length.
SDHC Card Features
- Available in 8GB*, 16GB* and 32GB* capacities
- Compliant with SD Memory Card Physical Layer Specification Version 3.00
- SD Security Specification Ver.2.00 Compliant (CPRM Based)
- CPRM: Content Protection for Recording Media Specification
- SD File System Specification Ver.2.00 Compliant (DOS-FAT Based formatted)
- Write Protect feature using mechanical switch prevents accidental data loss
- Content Protection Mechanism – complies with highest security of SDMI standard
- Variable clock rate 0-25 MHz (standard), 0-50 MHz (high performance)
- Up to 25MB/sec read and 20 MB/sec write data transfer rate (using 4 parallel data lines)
- Card removal during read operation will never harm the content
- Designed for read-only and read/write cards
- Supports card detection (Insertion/Removal)
- Operating Temperature: -25 ºC to 85 ºC
- Storage Temperature: -40 ºC to 85 ºC
- Dimensions: 32mm x 24mm x 2.1mm
- Correction of memory field errors
- Voltage range of 2.7 to 3.6V
- Weight: 2g (typ.), 3g (max)
- SD protocol compatible
- Supports SPI Mode
- File format: FAT32
- ROHS compliant
Top Customer Reviews
I used a benchmark program called "H2testw v1.4" to find out the write speed for large (1GB) files. This is essentially the same as the sequential-write speed used for SD card speed ratings. To qualify as a class-10 card, the card must be able to sustain sequential-write speed of 10MB/s.
Here are the results for all my class-10 SDHC cards:
- HP CG790A : 15.1MB/s (* see update)
- Transcend TS16GSDHC10E : 14.6MB/s
- PNY P-SDHC16G10 : 13.6MB/s
- Kingston SD10G2/16GB: 10.7MB/s
- Wintec Filemate 3FMSD32GBC10-R: 10.2MB/s
(See the chart I uploaded to 'Customer Images')
For completeness sake, I also benchmarked this HP card using other programs, including "Flash Memory Toolkit v2.0" and "CrystalDiskMark 3.01". The results are even more impressive (see 'Customer Images' section for details).Read more ›
Raw ATTO Benchmarks - Chunk sizes in kB - Write & Read speeds in kB/s
Equivalent max 'x' ratings (where 1 'x' = 150kB/s):
26816kB/s / 150 kB/s = 178x write
51523kB/s / 150 kB/s = 343x read
Data on the back (As of April 9th, 2012):
Made in Korea
As for the other review, the card does seem slightly thicker than other SD cards. There is some extra friction when putting it into my Canon 300 HS, but it does not get stuck.
I found this card for a good price and bought it. I am very much satisfied by the throughput that I get with this card. I am able to record 1080p 30FPS videos with my T3i using this card.
I am very much happy that I bought this card. The packaging of this card was not as impressive as any other card, but thats fine as far as it have such a great throughput.
Transfer Rate Minimum : 21.8 MB/sec
Transfer Rate Maximum : 22.0 MB/sec
Transfer Rate Average : 21.9 MB/sec
Access Time : 0.6 ms
Burst Rate : 17.8 MB/sec
CPU Usage : -1.0%
From a HP HDX 16 running win7 pro 64bit
first wanted to use for backtrack but of course my card reader is not bootable, so its a replacement for truecrypt.
This HP 8 GB Class 10 SDHC Flash Memory Card was a pleasant surprise, and though I might have initially overlooked any HP cards in favor of some of the more popular brands, this one turned out to be quite good... and at the time of purchase, an exceptional buy, and quite competitive. Check the specs and you'll see that these are actually made by PNY. SDHC (Secure Digital High Capacity) cards like this go up to 32 GB, and should be able to write to the camera at a sequential-write speed of 10MB/sec as per the standards. This one was ordered with the Amazon Frustration Free Packaging, and you still get the standard plastic SD card holder when ordered this way.
There are many benchmarks that one can use, and I ran the freeware H2testw 1.4 program on my Windows 7 notebook to test the card, along with Michel Machado's F3 program on the MacBook Pro. Note that these are both programs designed to not only test flash memory capacity, but to detect counterfeit USB drives. Running H2testw 1.4 on the PC resulted in a benchmark between 15.0MB/s and 15.1MB/s, which puts it right up there with the best of the SDHC cards.
But benchmarks mean very little if your camera cannot handle the SDHC card.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
bought this for my SDL camera, which I'm not quite sure if I got the right card, but ended up using it for my computer! I like it much better than a flash drive!Published 3 months ago by Wendy S.
Low cost and reliable card. Used it with my old tablet which fits my need.Published 8 months ago by popeye1