Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Price:$6.79+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on July 24, 2009
I bought this set while back, and didn't use it for a while. It seemed like a nice set. The first time I tried it to back out a screw, the shaft just slipped inside the cheap plastic handle. I tightened the collet as much as I could and it still slipped.
The bits fit into a hexagonal hole in the shaft - that part's OK - metal to metal, but the shaft itself is held in the plastic handle by a plastic collet, which isn't strong enough to stand much torque. This is a SCREWDRIVER, it's supposed to stand some torque! The screw in question wasn't that tight, either - it easily backed out with a regular screwdriver.

The bits are probably OK, but the handle is soft plastic junk. Maybe I can super glue the shaft in, but the plastic is soft like tupperware.
44 comments|86 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 24, 2010
Like the other reviewer said, the first time I used this, the hex shaft just slipped around inside the cheap, soft plastic handle. I performed exactly 0% for me before it was broken. This peice of junk is going back.
on June 8, 2011
I got one screw off the built-in MacBook Pro hard drive so I could put in a new one and the bit was already stripped. Total waste of time/money. I learned my lesson not to go cheap on precision machined tools. This is Made in China and can go straight back there as far as I'm concerned.
on September 7, 2012
I bought this screwdriver set as part of a project to open up my iMac and make some modifications.

Upon opening the product, I immediately noticed how cheap it feels (which I probably should have expected due to the low price). The case does not hold anything tightly in. But even worse, the second I started using the screwdriver the thing started stripping and spinning when I turned it. I spun every little knob there is to spin, but still couldn't find a way to make this guy work. End result -- I spent well over half the repair grabbing on to the very top of the screwdriver just to be able to turn it.

I will be returning this product as soon as humanly possible. I'd rather have two good screwdrivers than this useless one.
on July 31, 2013
I too ended up buying this kit in a hurry as I need a bit for Phillips 00 screws. Making a poor and irrational decision, I simply looked at the rating, deemed 3 1/2ish to be acceptable and bought it without looking at the low rated reviews (which is something I usually do prior to buying anything).

What

a

terrible

idea....

Admittedly, it performed well for the originally intended job (unscrewing a 3DS cover that use Phillips 00 screws) but that said, this kit should probably only come with 2-4 bits with those literally being the smallest ones as that's all this is good for. Any additional torque applied for anything remotely larger, and the extendable shaft will grind the handle down until you get a useless handle. It doesn't even take long to do so.

Along those lines, I'm utterly baffled as to how anyone accomplished anything beyond the scope anything similar to work of my original intention for purchasing this kit. In particular, the glowing reviews about how they were able to pull off magnificent computer maintenance work.
My main problem came when I was installing a new video card and I needed to shift around Hard Drives (approximately 4) in my tower as well as move some PCI-e cards around to make room for the video card which ended up taking approximately 2.5 expansion slots rather than the typical 2. Literally the moment I got the right bit in and tried to remove the mounting screws for the Hardrives or expansion slots, the handle spun and the shaft did nothing.

Here's the main problem with this screw driver. The shaft is nearly cylindrical and the plastic of the handle is pretty shoddy. In addition, the method for keeping the extended handle "tight" is via a plastic twist cap at the bottom end (the point where the plastic handle meets the metallic shaft) which is supposed to apply pressure specifically to the plastic tips holding the shaft. I say tips because in most instances there's a larger surface area than two opposite points that applies pressure and it's supposed to stay put with friction. Stuff like this mostly works and is apparently more cost effective than slotting the shaft and using a bit to keep it in place (like a belt)? Also, the entire cylindrical shaft only adds to the problem. Had it been more angled and there was more contact area, this screw driver would've been able to perform more duties.

Simply put, there should not be any bits for screws beyond maintaining handhelds, cellphone boards and watches, and it comes off as very deceptive when there are more bits than it can actually handle. I would literally given this a 4 star review had it been packaged for just the functions it was capable of and nothing more.
At this point, I'm simply writing this purchase off as a sunk cost for the extended battery that I purchased for my 3DS and move on. I didn't realize the massive design flaws that came with this before it was too late. Just another consequence of impulse purchasing....
on August 14, 2012
This set is almost completely worthless. The different sizes of Phillips and Torx are all there, but they don't fit in the handle part at all! Some are too big, and some are too small. The only thing holding them in is gravity. This is a very low quality and cheap product. I would recommend spending a few extra bucks and buying a set that actually functions correctly.
on May 17, 2013
I read a number of very poor reviews before I ordered this. It wasn't the cheapest one on amazon, but it wasn't the most expensive either. I only needed this set for 1-2 of the bits in order to work on a mac mini. After receiving it I was a little better than I had expected. I had no issue with stripping bits and such as other users claimed, however, the driver (the yellow and black tool) is low quality. It has an extendable head which is worthless, I removed it entirely each time I used the tool. If that is a feature your interested in I would look elsewhere, it was not important to me. The bits also are very tiny and would not fit into a normal drill without some type of adapter, so do not order just for the bits, you will be disappointed. For my purposes it worked nicely and I had no issues. If this is going to be the tool you use constantly it would be wise to look at more expensive options, but for occasional purposes, it's worth the cost.
on July 8, 2015
I bought these bits to fix my old cell phone and a few other things. The driver worked great and comes with a case that organizes everything. The only problem is with the bit extender built into the hand driver. If you push down to hard it will push the extender back into the driver. Considering this is for use on small items, and not fit working in your car, it's a great little tool. But sometimes you need to put pressure on a screw that is a little tough to unscrew or screw into something. I had this problem with an old tablet I was fixing. I pushed it down on the driver to get a screw to come out because the bit kept slipping out and the extender was pushed back in. Other than that no big problems tool works great and you can't beat the price.
on December 4, 2013
I have been looking for some small to tiny screwdrivers for working on computers, radios, cd players and even eye glasses.
i saw this mini screwdriver set on Amazon and bought it. It has phillips, flat bit and mini torx bits that are very hard to find at most stores. I have been using itfor a while now and the bits are holding up very well. I would recommend this item to anyone needing a small screwdriver set.
Oh and by the way, the driver handle will extend to about twice the length pictured.
Pops
on April 5, 2012
As mentioned in previous reviews, the driver is a little cheap. It works, but I wouldn't expect it to stand up to much torque. Also, the extendable mechanism is kind of a joke. It's difficult if not impossible to put enough force on the screw without that retracting back into the handle.
My plan had been to use the bits with a different driver, but it turns out they're tiny. Don't think you can buy this for just the bits unless you have a driver for small ones.
On the bright side, I bought this to use for replacing the hard drive in my macbook pro (2009 unibody) and was able to complete the entire operation using only this hardware. So, if you need a cheap tool for servicing your macbook or other small electronics, this will probably work quite well.