5.0 out of 5 stars Tough Tool
According to other reviewers, a common problem with other tools is breakage of the tip of the tool. So I took a chance with this previously un-reviewed one and inadvertently bought two of them.
I tried to break off each tip with more pressure than would ever be needed in normal use, but the tips here are strong.
One end is to push back the spring bar to load it...
Published 21 months ago by California Doug

3.0 out of 5 stars Not very strong
Not that this is a very expensive piece of engineering, but mine has started breaking on one end (the pointed one). And I have barely used that end.
Though I believe the other end (v shaped) is more useful and as long as that one stays intact I will use mine.
Also it has the same dirty chemical smell that is present in most of the ultra-cheap...
Published 23 months ago by p0.An

‹ Previous | 1 2 39 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible product, October 17, 2012
This review is from: SE JT620 6-Inch Spring Bar Tool (Tools & Home Improvement)
The head of the tool was too wide to fit in the spring-bar access slots of ALL of my watches. This was a useless tool for me.

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless, August 9, 2012
This review is from: SE JT620 6-Inch Spring Bar Tool (Tools & Home Improvement)
i bough this thinking i could use it on my g-shock but it doesn't even fit, the part that is suppose to take out the spring is too thick

1.0 out of 5 stars tip doesn't fit, June 6, 2012
This review is from: SE JT620 6-Inch Spring Bar Tool (Tools & Home Improvement)
The tip is too thick. There are grooves on spring bars. The tip of the tool needs to be fine enough to fit in that groove. However, the tip is too thick and the grove is in an odd V shape instead of a round shape. A round tip is more pragmatic since the spring bars are in a cylinder shape themselves. Honestly, this is just a flathead with a V-shaped chip in the middle of it. Since the V shape is not conducive to getting the tip around the spring bar, its basically now just a flathead. Essentially, the tip just doesn't serve its purpose.
Use a thing paper clip instead

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as advertised, March 16, 2012
This review is from: SE JT620 6-Inch Spring Bar Tool (Tools & Home Improvement)
I've read a lot of horror stories about these cheap spring bar tools but this one worked like a champ for me. The metal seems thick and chunky and there was no bending of the forked end when I removed my watch band. Five seconds and my old band was out; five more and my new band was in. The tool is as good as new and ready for the next job. What more could you want? Are some people using it wrong? You use the forked end to remove the spring bar from inside a lug; the thin pointy end is for punching out a bar that comes through the outside of the lug (kind of an uncommon watch design, in my experience). If you use the thin end to try to pull out a spring bar from inside a lug, of course it will break! You need to use the correct side of the tool for the job at hand. If you're not sure how to use it, search YouTube for "spring bar tool".

5.0 out of 5 stars pity about service, January 8, 2013
R. CAMPBELL (Holly Hill ., Florida United States) - See all my reviews
I think the tool ,for the price is great.Though not used yet it looks and feels like it will do the job.The service was bad though ordered 17th Dec with delivery date of 27th.Actually sent 28th Dec! and finally arrived 8th Jan 2013 !!
If it was going to be late i dont see why the company couldnt tell me.Very poor customer relations.

1.0 out of 5 stars Crap!, June 24, 2014
This review is from: SE JT620 6-Inch Spring Bar Tool (Tools & Home Improvement)
Wow...never again will I go on the cheap...garbage spring bar all the way! Paint was chipping off as I took it from it's box. Save your hard earned Dollars!!

4.0 out of 5 stars not bad, June 6, 2014
This review is from: SE JT620 6-Inch Spring Bar Tool (Tools & Home Improvement)
This spring bar tool isn't bad but not great. Its the only one I have ever used but I find the end a little thick and rough. One side is smoother than the other so I just have that side touch the watch. I imagine most are of similar quality unless you go really high-end. For the price, it really is a good tool for an occasional watch strap change.

5.0 out of 5 stars Helpfull Tool, May 18, 2014
S. W. Eisenberg (Rowland Heights, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SE JT620 6-Inch Spring Bar Tool (Tools & Home Improvement)
This little tool made it much easier to disengage those little spring pins and remove the band from my watch to facilitate replacing the battery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Tool, March 4, 2014
This is a nice and sturdy tool. Worked perfectly when I was changing the rubber strap on my dive watch.

4.0 out of 5 stars Handy Tool, March 1, 2014
I've used it to measure watches to identify what size bands to order, I've used it to adjust watch band length. The tool tips are removable.

‹ Previous | 1 2 39 | Next ›