4.0 out of 5 stars NO Long Straps
The Knife is really big and long. But what i was looking for is a good arm or leg strap for it. It does not come with them. It does come with 3little bar straps that i have no idea what they could hook on too. But over all the knife and plastic cover is doable. There is a belt slit, that i will use for my diving.
Published on April 20, 2012 by dniboli

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a dive knife - rusts instantly
Went diving for the first time in the Gulf of Mexico. A knife was recommended - but don't buy this one. After the first dive, there was rust showing and by the time we could rinse our gear at the end of the day, there was rust everywhere. Steer clear of this knife. It is not even worth the cheap price.
Published on August 23, 2011 by Amazon Customer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a dive knife - rusts instantly, August 23, 2011
Amazon Customer (Mesa, Arizona USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SE KHK2287 12-Inch Dive Knife w/ Hard Sheath-Yellow (Tools & Home Improvement)

1.0 out of 5 stars Knife? More like a prison-yard shank...., August 30, 2010
TTB (Kingman, AZ) - See all my reviews
I guess I should've known - you really do get what you pay for. If you need a prisonyard shank underwater, this is definitely what you need . If you prefer your dive knife rusted-out, dull, flimsy in its sheath, and barely held in place by a 5 cent piece of Velcro, definitely pick this one up. Its a total piece of crap if you haven't gathered. The only redeeming quality of this knife is that it IS a left-handed knife as mentioned previously, which is good, because I'm left handed. I clip it onto the right side of my BC right on my chest for quick access. But really, don't buy it. It doesn't come with straps, and you'd have to have it professionally sharpened if you want any kind of edge on it.

3.0 out of 5 stars 12 inche dive knife, March 19, 2012
The knife itself is sturdy. It showed rust after the first use in saltwater even with immediate freshwater rinse. The sheath is poorly suited for diving, velcro straps even for retaining the knife in the sheath. Mounting feature for sheath poorly designed for diving, obviously designed by someone who does not dive. For the price you cannot complain. THe knife itself is fine and with care will be usable for some time.

2.0 out of 5 stars knife... for scuba/snorkeling, August 29, 2010
cheap cheap... but you get what you pay...never got to use it, hopefully won't disintegrate!
as of the straps and cage,,, or I never understood how and where to carry this or the cage and straps to hold it are not well done and do not allow you to put it in your ankle...I am guessing should you bring it all the time in your hand? get a purse or rucksack to carry underwater with your knife??

2.0 out of 5 stars made in china., August 28, 2010
its cheaply crafted, hopefully the hard plastic sheath with cheap metal screws won't rust away. the sheath is made for left-handed users due to the shape of the hilt-to-sheath match-up, and the belt harness. don't buy it unless you have no other option.

1.0 out of 5 stars It is what it is..., April 11, 2013
When I spotted this "Diving Knife" on Amazon a year ago, I liked it. Thought to myself, Hey, I dont care about what other reviews are saying, Its only 10 dollars. So Getting to the point, I bought it 2 days ago. Expecting to see what others are downing it for and at the least i could resale it or Use it as a beater and ive chosen the latter for numerous Reasons.

Let me first Clarify that i have never Scuba dived, nor planned to, but A knife is a Knife, No matter what purpose it serves, the main purpose should be able to cut, and thus it be called a knife. When this arrived today, I expected nothing more than what it Turned out to be as it was only ten dollars.

The edge of this knife is literally Dull as a Hammer, Even with a sharpening stone i was unable to attain even a morsel of an edge. Ive bought Knives cheaper than this that was way sharper. I ran the knife Up and down my finger with considerable pressure, Nothing, Not a scratch on my finger at all. So I thought, well if not the edge, At least the serrations will work, Well, again there i was wrong. They are too thick and dont give enough space in between to allow sawing motion so if your using it it wont Cut any rope im afraid, I didnt try the Finger thing with it as while it will not cut Rope or anything serious, Serrations tear and it will Cut flesh, albeit Crudely.

Then, there is what is known as the "Gut Hook" a preffered feature in hunting knives as it allows easy Cutting of the Intestines of a Buck whilst Field dressing it, But since it was a diving Knife, I assume the Hook is for Rope. Now with no stretch of anyone's Imagination, I tried cutting rope and it took some exertion just to pull it off, No joke. Its not sharp and cutting fishing line will prove to be more than a hassle for this knife. There is really Nothing sharp about this Knife at all, Including the point, which is so thick, it makes it Impossible to penetrate a thick cardboard box. I did however, find something the knife will Serve for, Chopping, and even though it barely pulls that off, it still Barely does it.

For the handle,The factory Glued rubber on a Piece of plastic, and made it just too wide to be comfortable and molded The Steel (SHANK) onto the plastic or vice versa, Glued rubber to this Crude Knife and shipped it out. I am guessing Because the weight of the Knife is more to the end that the Handle has barely enough of the Knife in it which will probably lead it to fail under Prying or Extreme force.

The Sheath Definately Leaves more than alot to be desired, Its some cheap plastic crap that just dont do the trick, Sure in my pics above it looks different, but i did this to show you what it looks like on a belt. LIKE S***.

The knife rattles in the sheath, ITs held in place by elastic Velcro and the sheath is made of super cheap plastic that feels like it will break any minute, I mean, did they expect Tough Scuba divers to use children's toys? Someone suggested that you could strap it to your leg? Good luck with that, there is no straps. They come with 2 3" Pieces of Velcro in the sides of the sheath, How exactly does that work for going on your leg exactly??? Chinese Crap.

The knife is 1 Star, as it isnt a knife at all. just a piece of rubber, Plastic, and steel. I can say that it looks like the Kinda steel that will corrode in saltwater so do not buy it if your a Scuba diver, Please.

I dont like it, and Know you wont, so dont buy it. ITs Crap, Worse crap than ten dollars would allow. Ive bought knives better than this for around 5 dollars, so look elsewhere. If you need a diving knife, The best quality known under a hundred dollars and used by bear grylls on man vs. wild is the Promate Scuba Diving Snorkeling Titanium Knife (4 3/8" Blade) People said he chopped, batoned and Abused it and Kept on going and Titanium is impervious to Saltwater, so another plus and it has a cap on the butt of the handle for hammering. So save your money, And take it easy...

3.0 out of 5 stars I know nothing about suba diving so I might be 'off', August 4, 2010
As I know nothing about scuba diving, I could be totally wrong. But I DO collect knives. And after trying a number of sheath and knife configurations for this item, I'm convinced that it's made for a LEFT-HANDED person. Yes, I never heard of a left-handed knife before, either. But, by the way you attach the sheath to a belt, and consdiering the orientation in which the sheath 'faces', it seems to be configured so that the knife is 'best pulled-out' with a person's LEFT hand. Now, as I said, I know nothing about scuba diving so maybe you are supposed to attach it to your air tanks or something strange like that...which would POSSIBLY orient it for a right-handed person...somehow. But I tried some other possible scenarios, and I still got the same 'left-handed orientaion' result. Again, maybe it's supposed to 'be' that way.[Follow-up: I ordered the 'yellow one' for a friend a year later...who is left handed, and despite what the packing list said, I got the (other) Blue one (which is blunt-ended.]

2.0 out of 5 stars Too big & rusts, August 3, 2014
First, for $10, the knife is sizable, but too big for a dive knife. But in agreement with other comments, it rusts quickly. I made one ocean dive and it had rust spots by that afternoon. Secondly, the velcro straps (which I thought from the photo were leg straps) aren't big enough for anything. I did use the plastic holder to run through on my weight belt, which worked. If you need a disposable dive knife, this $10 knife is fine. But don't think this is going to be your favorite.

2.0 out of 5 stars cheap, July 15, 2013
I took the knife out of the box and tried to take it out of the shealth and the velcro pulled right off the fabric. It does not lock in the shealth with out the velcro so I would have to sew it back!! I wanted a less expensive knife for snorkeling a time or to on vacation. You can not wear the knife due to the 4''straps and the shape of the sheath , , it is bulky and thick at the top? Not worth the money. It should be listed to strap to tank hose or something

4.0 out of 5 stars NO Long Straps, April 20, 2012