5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it should
Published on July 17, 2010 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Not For All Eyeglasses
Before you purchase this, consider the eyeglass frames you'll be using them with. My eyeglasses have a very thin, lightweight frame. This is a problem for two reasons.

Published on March 6, 2011 by David Blumstein

3.0 out of 5 stars Not For All Eyeglasses, March 6, 2011
This review is from: SE - Loupe - Double Lens, Clip, 5x, 24mm (Toy)

First, the clip needs a thick piece of eyeglass frame to clip onto securely. Second, this will add weight to one side of your eyeglasses, causing discomfort. One solution to the mounting I found was attaching the loupe set to a pair of theatrical 3D glasses that fit over my glasses. I cut out the lenses and where the frames over my regular eyeglasses. It works, but it's not ideal and definitely not dignified.

Aside from the mounting issues, I don't have any complaints about this loupe set. I really like the adjustability of the loupe tension and length. Just make sure that your eyeglasses are big enough to handle it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it should, July 17, 2010
This review is from: SE - Loupe - Double Lens, Clip, 5x, 24mm (Toy)
I have wire rim and sides on my glasses and this still clips onto the hinge just fine. Seems to give 5X on each lens when either one is used. In single lens mode with one further out and one closer you can cab switch to change the focal length. With both lenses in service the magnification is much greater seems like well past 10, maybe 20x. the spring tension to hold in position is adjustable as is the length from the pivot point to the lens so you can make it line up with your vision perfectly. It is made good enough for what it is for. It isn't a high end optic but for small work in the shop or threading some fishing line this will do a fine job.

4.0 out of 5 stars Would benefit from instructions, June 20, 2009
This review is from: SE - Loupe - Double Lens, Clip, 5x, 24mm (Toy)
I gave this a good rating because it works well. However, it does not come with instructions. This may seem trivial but for something with as many points of adjustment as this loupe most people would probably have a fair amount of trouble figuring out how to adjust what. But, if you are a handy person (like most of you buying this probably are) you shouldn't have too much trouble working it out on your own.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I was expecting, October 23, 2010
This review is from: SE - Loupe - Double Lens, Clip, 5x, 24mm (Toy)
First of all, the magnification is really good. I bought these for doing very fine soldering and it makes everything very clear. Unfortunately, I was expecting the lenses to stay in one position, but that's not the case. I have to hold them in place, which is unacceptable, since I need one hand to hold solder and the other to hold the solder iron. I've tried the various different adjustments, but the fact is that every surface surrounding the lens arms is smooth. There's no friction to keep them in place, no matter how much you tighten the spring.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what its designed for, December 26, 2012
This review is from: SE - Loupe - Double Lens, Clip, 5x, 24mm (Toy)
Simple tool, all the working part work great. Made very well, looks like if I take care of it, it will last me a long time.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect for steam punk goggles, December 23, 2009
John D. King (Orange, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SE - Loupe - Double Lens, Clip, 5x, 24mm (Toy)
just the thing to add to my steampunk goggles. they arrive on time and perfectly safe.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great !, December 20, 2008
This review is from: SE - Loupe - Double Lens, Clip, 5x, 24mm (Toy)
I bought this so I can tie on dry flies when I fish.
Well it works far better than I ever thought

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, April 13, 2014
This review is from: SE - Loupe - Double Lens, Clip, 5x, 24mm (Toy)
they're not bad for the price but the lenses I recieved have some sort of milky flaws in the glass.

3.0 out of 5 stars it's ok, January 4, 2014
This review is from: SE - Loupe - Double Lens, Clip, 5x, 24mm (Toy)
for what it is, it works, but it's not that great. the magnification is hard to use, though it may just need calibration. it has a nice steampunk look, though i would prefer brass. what i don't like is, the very sharp ends. it needs a lot of work to keep to keep my fingers from being stabbed. and it's a bit heavy for actual eye glasses. as a decoration it's fine.

1.0 out of 5 stars cheap, probably won't fit on your glasses, April 11, 2014
Manuel Sousa (San Jose, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SE - Loupe - Double Lens, Clip, 5x, 24mm (Toy)
bought these for crafting but the will not fit on either pair of my glasses. i will probably either have to buy some cheap frames that this thing will fit or find something that works right out of the box. good luck.

Rate and Discover Movies